1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Official: FM MapleTV

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Kimmy, Apr 10, 2015.

(Temp) Remove the Free Market TV?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:56 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello Maplers,

I've received a lot of feedback regarding the Free Market MapleTV. The most noticeable one would be here. Its important for us that all our users enjoy the interacting in the Free Market without getting too distracted by an animated television wishing you a good day, thus this poll has been made.

This is the official poll to leave your final thought about it. All the votes are anonymous, so please vote what your heart wants, not what the most want.

Do not use alternative accounts because I won't count these towards the voting.

Note: this is only for the Free Market TV, the other ones stay.

I'll collect votes for one week and than close the thread most likely.

2. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    I vote for option #4.

Change the Trade-button-to-FM-map as to what I've suggested as Beta feedback, and keep the current MapleTV.
    This seems like something required in the private servers, similar to how Maple Weapon drops are. But really, is it?
    This system beats certain aspects of the game: easy acces to buff mules, easy extra inventory slots, easy acces to NLC pots from anywhere... Having that map as your 'chitchat'-map opens a whole discussion on what's spamming, since it also serves as the Free Market. Bascially all these things could be avoided. That's why I think a custom map, designed for socializing, is in place.
    Buffing other players in your party should be disabled (note that this doesn't include Echo). Trading and dropping should also be disabled. The only disadventage I see here is that you can not help a new player with some items/mesos in that map. To some limit adding Duey to the map, and with instant delivery this could be possible at the cost of Cash, can resolve this.
    An additional feature for the map should be a server clock, and the removal of @time.
    Aswell as a designed section for mini games, maybe a little chimney-style JQ to a platform... Basically just a fun map to hang around at.
    An additional bonus with this would be that you can control which map you get from clicking Trade at the source, so there would be less need to download new map.wz's, which is fairly big compared to other files.
    Additionally, there could even be a MapleTV in the new map, if there's enough space to fit it.

I feel like removing the Free Market TV will actually destroy the purpose of MapleTV Messengers, as barely anyone will notice those in the towns.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Aries

Aries Blue Snail

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    8:56 PM
    Aries
    Thief
    n/a
    Okay, here's my two cents:
    A) I can't even believe this is an issue...people seriously want to complain about this?!
    B) The FM feels empty without it. The only thing I can suggest is to customize what it displays for Legends, but I'm sure that would take a lot more time than it would be worth.
    C) Seriously...this bothers people? Perhaps you should go explore, and stop camping the FM?

• Like Like x 7
  4. Aegis

Aegis Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    United States
    5:56 PM
    Aegis
    Cleric
    I think everyone would agree that the TV is really annoying, and cucks users.
    It would be great to not have a LARGE portion of d̶o̶n̶g̶ the free market closed up by the TV.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    One note to add is that even if one choice wins it doesn't mean it happens right away. However, this is for us to look what our community currently thinks about it.

I've also got some feedback about making MapleTV messengers cheaper which is something I really consider for next patch. Currently not *a single* person used them yet.

6. Abamita

Abamita Mushmom

Mar 30, 2015
    9:56 PM
    Abamita
    Chief Bandit
    I definitely agree that the removal of the Maple TV will ruin the messenger items. If anyone does plan to use the items, they should speak out in this thread. Now that I think about it, the other TVs are seen so infrequently, that I'm not sure why we'd keep any of the other TVs if we remove the one in the FM.

7. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I don't think so. Like @Mike@Mike said, seriously, this bothers people? This is like asking for the little TV's in a city subway be removed "because they're annoying". Really?

8. Abamita

Abamita Mushmom

Mar 30, 2015
    Abamita
    Chief Bandit
    Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Everyone has an opinion, no need to bash the people that are against it, not the point of this topic. Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  10. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    I had a really similar idea to that, and I think you should suggest that in the thread I made regarding the FM teleport here. It's a good idea!

I think part of the problem is the Maple TV clutters up the map. It's so big and clunky and it sits in front of other players that you're trying to talk to in the free market. If players just appeared in front of it instead, that'd at least be better. In general I just think the thing is obnoxious. Who actually watches TV anymore, anyway?

11. Mosaic

Mosaic Mano

Mar 25, 2015
    The TV is bloated and obnoxious, there's no need for that thing to be occupying an already tiny space.

12. Puck

Puck King Slime

Mar 30, 2015
    It's not aesthetically pleasing, but it serves a purpose. Perhaps we should wait a while and see if people use the MapleTV NX items. If noone does, then there is literally no point in it being there.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    I like this idea. I can't imagine people will waste their NX on messages very frequently, though. It'll be hard to gauge whether people use it or not.

14. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Seconded. I'm sure the administrators can track the purchases of the item. If there's very few to 0 people buying them 2 months from now, may as well remove them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GoStepOnLego

GoStepOnLego Mano

Apr 4, 2015
    GoStepOnLego
    Beginner
    IDKMAN
    it's blocked my face, i don't appreciate it. oh and i prefer the fm empty so I can actually see other peoples beautiful faces

16. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This poll is now closed.

I want to thank everyone voting for it. A new poll about something is coming real soon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I have looked more into this by client researching. The first version MapleTV's arrived is v40, which is July 2007 and I know even v83 still had them. Due to this and many other reasons I no longer have plans to remove the TV's, since they were so long around that I consider them nostalgic. People are just not used to them anymore because of Private Servers, where they are disabled.

Rejected.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.