1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Old FM Shops

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Infidel, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    6:54 PM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    One, if not the most nostalgic memory for me in Maplestory was the old guild I was in (Billionaire) back in 2006. This was soley a FM guild, full of merchants.

I'd love to see something like this come into Legends, but we would need the old school FM shops where your character has to be there. I remember selling FM1 shops, just putting in an item for a few mil so when someone bought it your shop would close. These were the good times for me.

Are we able to bring these back and bring back those old merching feelings?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:54 AM
    Moderator Post
    To put it simple the reason why none server (literally) has the regular FM stores is because it requires insane amount of coding. Furthermore, the basic reasons people often say is that it has big potential of dupe exploits, which is also valid (which is the major reason why its hard, you need think about a lot of checks, ways people may be able to dupe...).

But then you also come to fact that you have free Cash here, which means you can basically buy the "better" merchants for free, which also comes to point that coding these things at current state is not worth our already limited time we have.

Of course eventually we would have to code them as part of our "get as much possible working from a v0.62 server" goal, but that is currently not now, as there are still a lot of more important things we have to do.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Andy

Andy Horny Mushroom

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    3:54 PM
    Blackberry
    Cleric
    Basic
    We already have more than enough reasons to afk in FM all day. Not sure we need one more. SlimeGrin

• Like Like x 1