1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for MAC [Old] MAC Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Nise, May 30, 2018.

1. Miley

Miley Mano

Apr 28, 2017
    6:16 PM
    I/L Wizard
    I downloaded everything and installed everything successfully. When I login, I'm only allowed to play for like 30 seconds to a minute before my game crashes.... can someone help me?

2. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    10:16 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Okay first try to copy and paste the client. Delete the original, and try playing on the duuplicated client.

If that isn't enough to make it work, follow the instructions for if you're on 10.7 or below! That should do the trick for now~

3. cvypham

cvypham Snail

Mar 19, 2018
    Female
    9:16 PM
    cvypham
    Beginner
    So I downloaded everything and when i right clicked MapleLegends in applications it just leads me to wineskin. I tried redownloading it and it is still happening.

4. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    You're doing right click open? Not right click "show package contents" ya?

5. Miley

Miley Mano

Apr 28, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    I downloaded everything according to this guide and I can't seem to stay in the game. My game opens fine and I can play for 1 minute or less, then the game just closes.... help? :(

6. Jaina

Jaina Mixed Golem

Jun 29, 2017
    Jaina/Alleria/Keyes
    I/L Arch Mage
    Crowns
    Hi, do you get any error messages?

7. Neek

Neek Blue Snail

Nov 24, 2018
    Neek
    Anyone else getting screen tearing for fullscreen on OSX Mojave? I'm using the settings listed in the OP.

8. OP
    OP
    Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Mojave has so many issues.. *sigh* I upgraded myself, I'm constantly trying to look for ways to improve performance on it, but for the time being you're going to have to just bear with it :(

9. howyoubinh

howyoubinh Snail

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    Koolaid
    Beginner
    Any way to remove the black screen in windowed mode on Mojave?

10. henriquenxl

henriquenxl Red Snail

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    10:16 PM
    Beginner
    Hey, hello everyone!
    With all the updates, I've been downloading many times the game and installing following the instructions (just skipping the "xQuartz" file) but I have a question:

When I install the game again, does it "overwrite" the old game files? Do I need to uninstall the last version before installing the new one? Do I need to delete any file?

Thanks in advance

11. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    9:16 AM
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Hello! You don't actually have to uninstall the previous version, the game is automatically updated to the newer version. But if you have duplicated the client for double clienting, those clients have to be re-duplicated :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    3:16 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    To be precise you can keep the old MapleLengeds Client installed, and install the newer version.

For example Patch A comes out and you start playing with Client A,
    2 months later a new patch B comes out.

If you play with Client A you will get disconnected.
    You install Client B for Patch B and play with it, at the same time you can play with Client A but you'll be disconnected automatically ( like a kick ) MapleF18

It doesn't really "patch" or "update" the older client, it literally installs a new client on your MacOS device.

You can keep the old client, but if you want to free some space, just go to Applications ( where MapleLegends is "installed" ) and just Move to Trash it, that's the only uninstall you can do, remember to uninstall the older version though MapleF3

• Like Like x 1
  13. philip chang

philip chang Snail

Feb 7, 2019
    Male
    twb0y1
    PLEASE HELP i just deleted and re downloaded Maple Legends but now instead of running normally, the screen window pops up for a few seconds turns black and as it should turn white then startup screen it quits every time. I dont know what to do and also if this helps, my Maple Legends icon is black.

14. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    As Kimmy said on Discord and even on Forums (?), this should be the fix (philip changphilip chang )

For those on MAC apparently the fix if it doesn't run is the following: Right click your newly downloaded client. 2) Show Package Contents 3) Double click Wineskin 4) Go to Tools 5) Refresh Wrapper - This should help your MAC client to work

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. oohyoo

oohyoo Horny Mushroom

Mar 3, 2018
    Female
    sunjoo/sappho
    thank you for always looking out for mac users! you are truly appreciated MapleF2

16. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    MapleLegends on Mojave seems to be completely dead now.

It runned up until last version 02/02/19, now on 22/02/19 it seems to now work.

17. hokagay

hokagay Blue Snail

Jan 28, 2019
    Female
    tittytea
    Marksman
    Mafia
    having issues with the new update ): i redownloaded everything and when i open ML, the xquartz app will show up on my dock for a moment before disappearing... and then that's it. ML won't open at all T ^ T pls send help

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  18. epyan

epyan Snail

Feb 25, 2019
    Male
    8:16 PM
    so I've recently just found out about this game, and I'm having trouble getting the game to boot. I've followed the instructions on the forum post and when I try to open up my game. nothing happens I've reinstalled the two items listed above, quartz and the .pkg TWICE, and still results in nothing happening when I try to open up the legends application. im also using a Macbook Pro 2016, with Touch Bar on Mojave.

19. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    9:16 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Hi, previously up till the current Valentine's patch; It's been running relatively smooth for me on my Macbook pro. Ever since the new client was released for Mac OS users, I've been experiencing:
    • A significant drop in FPS (feels glitchy)
    • Usually 1s Delay 24/7 (worsens when Jump/ using Skill/ hitting boxes in PQ)
    Me and afew other Mac users are experiencing this same issue, could you kindly advise Please.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  20. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I'd recommend everyone here to uninstall their XQuartz, and retry installing it fresh and clean again.
    It fixed my problem after the Valentine's Event patch came out.