1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for MAC [Old] MAC Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Nise, May 30, 2018.

1. MapleBoy

MapleBoy Mano

Apr 29, 2019
    Male
    1:54 AM
    MapleBoy
    I/L Wizard
    Yes, I did.

2. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    1:54 PM
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Is your game running on x11 or mac driver?

3. MapleBoy

MapleBoy Mano

Apr 29, 2019
    Male
    MapleBoy
    I/L Wizard
    It does not show as an on-hold process in my Security & Privacy, if that's what you were referring to. I do not know what else could've been the issue. I've installed MapleLegends several times (for several patches) in the past 6 months that I've been playing and it never causes me any problem until now. Troubleshooted using all of the available information in this thread but none of them seem to work for me.

4. MapleBoy

MapleBoy Mano

Apr 29, 2019
    Male
    MapleBoy
    I/L Wizard
    It's running under mac driver.

5. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Try running with x11!~

6. MapleBoy

MapleBoy Mano

Apr 29, 2019
    Male
    MapleBoy
    I/L Wizard
    I've tried both. Neither one works.

7. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Hmm, this looks like a job for NiseNise but hang in there HAHA ^^

8. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    2:54 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Okay, means something changed in between the patches, but since it hasn't happened to others, I assume it either has to do with your anti-virus or Mac OS. Are you using an anti-virus? What version of Mac OS are you on?

Also, if you right click show package contents on MapleLegends, go to driver_c > Neckson > Maplestory, can you let me know if there there is anything in there? If there isn't anything, would mean your anti-virus ate it.

Besides that, I'm going to already assume you've re-downloaded and re-installed... changing wineskin engines might be an option, but since you say you've had it running previously, I doubt that's an issue. But something to possibly troubleshoot, if it isn't any of the issues above.

9. MapleBoy

MapleBoy Mano

Apr 29, 2019
    Male
    MapleBoy
    I/L Wizard
    Yes, I always have my anti-virus running. It was not an issue to me back then at least. I've checked the "Maplestory" folder and there are many files in there. My Mac OS is on 10.14.4.

I had also changed the wineskin engine several times after I installed MapleLegends. I changed the engine to prevent potential crash from in-game skills such as pirate's skill, triple throw, etc.

10. mochiduck

mochiduck Blue Snail

Sep 10, 2019
    Female
    4:54 PM
    Gunslinger
    Hi, I can't seem to sign in. I keep getting 'incorrect password'. I've changed my password three times now :'(

11. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    6:54 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Are you sure you're writing the correct password? Check caps lock too;
    This problem is only a normal password written badly.

12. sutaraito

sutaraito Mano

Oct 12, 2019
    Female
    12:54 PM
    Thief
    Hi, I've tried switching back and forth among these options and follow spectrum's advice, but nothing seems to fix the tearing problem in my fullscreen mode.
    I'm using Macbook Air 2015 on Mojave 10.14.6 (as attached). Is there any solution please? I can't play ML for long in windowed mode :(
    Thank you,

Attached Files:

13. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I'd say to not get fullscreen mode atm, especially because the game is 800x600 based and even in fullscreen you're looking at that.
    So I'm thinking that the lower resolution on screen might be the cause of tearing, especially when you're drawing the same amount of pixels but on a broader resolution size.

Given that Kimmy and the developers are working on a higher widescreen resolution for the upcoming months, I'd say to wait fullscreen for later on when it's supplied.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Rudolphez

Rudolphez Blue Snail

Nov 1, 2019
    Male
    Rudolphez
    Beginner
    First off, thanks for the mac client! ^^ I still like the 800x600 resolution so i set mine on automatic with widescreen off, I was just wondering if there is a way to tab out of game. I already tried some commands, i am able to make the screen small with command+H however making the screen big again doesn't work only when i fully shut down the game.

15. cell502

cell502 Mano

Nov 3, 2019
    Male
    Night Lord
    Zakum
    I get this message when trying to change the wine engine to what it says in the guide...

Error while removing file: “wswine.bundle” couldn’t be removed because you don’t have permission to access it.

Can someone please tell me how to bypass this? I cant play maplestory and neither can my friends ever since the new patch came out for mac.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Casanova

Casanova Blue Snail

Nov 10, 2019
    Male
    10:54 PM
    Casanova
    Beginner
    Running macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Can’t figure out how to get it to run.

Installed both google drive and MEGA pkg’s. Both of them do the same thing. After running and installing everything, loading the applications folder, right clicking and opening, it does nothing just sits there.

I tried refreshing wrap, tried changing from Mac driver to x11 (can’t, x11 is grayed out), tried downloading then re downloading each mirror after uninstalling my anti viruses.

Read a few comments about xQuartz or something, don’t know what that is didn’t mess with it.

After deleting and downloading the game from the pkg a few times I copied the client from the applications folder to my desktop and got a bit of a reaction from it. This is the error message it gave me

D3EAF7CA-93B2-4D1B-9AB3-65CB192AB55F.png

Here’s a screenshot of what’s inside the Ne xon folder

ABA888C8-959B-4B64-B01B-F88B8061A518.png

Apparently the games doing something because it’s showing up in my activity monitor. I also had an error message pop up a few times after trying to delete the game to reinstall it telling me that I couldn’t delete it because it was open. Had to force quit it from activities monitor.

Any ideas? I feel like this server might be losing a lot of potential players to this issue, at least for me the only reason I went with this server was because of the support for Mac which that other server doesn’t have.

17. kanskje

kanskje Orange Mushroom

Mar 2, 2019
    Dark Knight
    Anti
    You need to install XQuartz in order to use MapleLegends. It should be part of the Mac installer.

Once installed, you should be able to toggle between X11 and Mac Driver. Edit: You should also refresh wrapper again after and follow the troubleshooting section in this post if it still doesn't work.

18. cell502

cell502 Mano

Nov 3, 2019
    Male
    Night Lord
    Zakum
    Im curious as to why the moderators removed the comments talking about how a majority of MapleLegend Mac users are leaving the server due to issues arising and not being fixed/addressed with this new patch?

Instead of masking the new client problem by deleting comments asking for guidance, how about yall fix the damn client?

19. Ameh

Ameh Red Snail

Sep 2, 2017
    Female
    Ameh
    Hermit
    Basic
    This worked for me, running Mojave 10.14.6; initially the x11 Quartz would pop up, then disappear, so I followed the instructions from this thread:

"Change client to not be using HDClient:
    • Right click on MapleLegends > Show Package Contents > drive_c > Neckson > MapleLegendsHD > Legends.ini
    • In Legends.ini you change HDClient = true to HDClient = false.
      • Remember to save the file!
      • You can open this file with any text editor, your Mac should come with TextEdit and that should be enough."
    Toggling wine to use Mac Driver (instead of X11 as previously suggested)
    • Right click on MapleLegends > Show Package Contents > double click Wineskin > set screen options > check "Mac driver" under "Window system" and make sure "retina mode" is unchecked.

20. Casanova

Casanova Blue Snail

Nov 10, 2019
    Male
    Casanova
    Beginner
    Thank you! For anyone with a newer Macbook (mid-2018) running Mojave and having trouble with the application not launching this method worked for me. Follow Ameh's steps above and then remember to 'refresh wrapper" by right clicking the maple launch app from your finder applications folder, show contents, double click wineskin, advanced, tools and you'll find refresh wrapper there. After that If it still doesn't launch then copy and paste it to your desktop and launch it from there.

Maybe Nise can add this to the post.