1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

P/C P/C service

Discussion in 'Free Market' started by Fraiche, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    2:56 AM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    Just wondering, if people would actually pay for such a service (mesos of course).
    I have a long list of items i want to sell off but never knew how much they're worth, so I understand the frustration.

I thinking of something like this. A price check service based on FM store prices + monitoring FM entrance prices of all items listed for sale during specific times of the day. A price check will be based upon the average of all the prices of the item during the time of the day. P/Cs will be updated hourly/daily, (depends on how much people are willing to pay, if high then I'd be willing to do hourly). I will include price stability for each items as well. Players can pay a subscription fee for either monthly/weekly membership, or once off p/c on one item. Have more on it in my head but that's the basic idea of it. Give me feedback and let me know if you would pay for something like that and how much. Thanks :)

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gurkha

gurkha Horny Mushroom

Apr 14, 2017
    Male
    isreal
    5:56 PM
    Gurkha
    Assassin
    dijbouti
    Personaly i wouldnt pay to sell my items "at the right price" and you can never know who is buying what u cannt guarantee the item will be sold but you can buy cheap and sell high by urself..

3. OP
    OP
    Fraiche

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    Ah thank you for the useful feedback.

4. Psalm

Psalm Blue Snail

Jul 9, 2017
    Singapore
    11:56 PM
    Cleric
    It sounds like a great idea ! It reminds me of the indices used in real life for businesses like the Baltic Exchange. Are you going to do it all by yourself ? Also what are the subscription rates you are looking at ?

5. OP
    OP
    Fraiche

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    Thank you! Forex and Stock exchange are where I source my inspiration from. Yes I plan to. Subscription rates depend. I want it to be in between what people are willing to pay for and the amount that make this tedious task worthwhile. A random ballpark, starting with 500k for a month?

6. Psalm

Psalm Blue Snail

Jul 9, 2017
    Singapore
    11:56 PM
    Cleric
    Sounds good, just a suggestion, maybe you would like to create a guild or list of reliable traders with whom you can check prices with, somewhat get the latest news on the market and the market trends. It might help to reduce the work load.

7. Charles445

Charles445 Mano

Sep 2, 2015
    10:56 AM
    It's interesting, but very difficult to moderate as it's basically a magnet for people who want to manipulate the market. At least one person will evaluate a price higher than it's worth to increase the value of their own supply.

8. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Honor
    First of all, r u really ready to pass thro all fm spots a couple of times a day? I think u cant do that for more than a few days.

And keeping charts of every scroll / equip and even for scrolled equips will be hard and not accurate overall for rare items..

I wouldnt buy this kind of service, as people will manipulate it and to get an idea on the market u kinda have to pass thro it or use owls

9. OP
    OP
    Fraiche

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    So all the negative feedbacks had been about trust. Of course trust has to be earned. If you don't trust the service then simply don't use it. But until your trust is earned, the service's reputation will be built on an initial customer base of players who are willing to give it a shot. It's actually very easy to see if I manipulate the price (which I won't), simply cross check it with some owls of minerva at random days. I have no intention in price manipulation, as it is far better to have consistent small profits from loyal and regular customers than short term profits.

10. OP
    OP
    Fraiche

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    I wouldn't have made this post if I wasn't ready. Here's the thing, if it isn't tedious then what's the point of offering such a service? It is precisely because most people can't do that for a few days that I realised such a service may be needed in the market, and I'm willing to do it.

Well obviously it can't be 100% accurate, neither are most price checks you receive elsewhere. It is simply a compilation of all prices of an item in FM and showing the average price, highest price, lowest price, and number of units on sale. What you do with that information is up to you.

11. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Honor
    Well, with that much determination i would buy your service if it goes, mostly to check it out. If enough people are signed to that it would be great, as a person who uses fm a lot i would price the service much higher.

12. OP
    OP
    Fraiche

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    Much higher as in how much higher? Thanks for your input :)

13. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Honor
    for a month? i would pay 3m at least for this kind of service. would save me up quite a few owls and i value 1k nx at around 1m

14. OP
    OP
    Fraiche

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    One more question, would you prefer the price checks be based on all items listed on sale (both stores and fm entrance advertising prices) or only prices of items sold in fm stores? Which method do you think represents the market value of an item more accurately? Thanks :)

15. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Honor
    Hmm.. Either both, or sold ones while removing disturbingly high / low prices (like, i bought eye int 100% for 50k the last day, so prices like those will not be included)