1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior Paladin Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by SwordArt, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Bobbykimchee

Bobbykimchee Pac Pinky

Feb 1, 2015
    Male
    4:22 PM
    Damage aside, I also read that 1H pallies have a difficult time reaching somethings due to the limited range of blast (zakum's right arm, keeping out of BF's m. att triggering range, etc). I can't say that I've tried it myself, but I really am curious if the physical limitations of 1H seriously handicaps a pally's gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    10:22 PM
    Slave
    Don't even get me started on HT...

3. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    4:22 AM
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    Does this mean, that as a 1h hammer warrior, you'll need to hp wash because of the range or does it simply makes it impossible to hit certain boss parts?

4. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    You won't need to wash - pretty sure Cam never did. The range itself is not an issue, but potting a lot might be. Regardless, washing is not a necessity for HT.

IMO the only real reason you should wash on either Hero or Pally is to make pots more cost efficient and also start BF really early without worry of dying, as it will be your main EXP income. Other than that, I personally don't see (currently) any real requirement for those two kinds of warriors to wash.

It's just kind of aids because stance is a lie (every 4th job warrior can quote me on this; they'll also tend to agree) and you have to be very close to HT heads in order to actually hit them if you are 1H anything as a Paladin. Brandish probably has a better shot at hitting because it has a vertical hitbox, even in the straightforward 1H version. Blast and Brandish, however, both share the same faulty range.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thamos

Thamos Orange Mushroom

Jul 24, 2017
    Male
    Thamos
    White Knight
    Nachtbrakers
    Selling this:

giganticsledge.png

Anyone interested?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    7:22 PM
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    this isnt the fm

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    Yo ThamosThamos , wrong thread bro... OnionWarning

LibraryLibrary hmh I understand. I do like an in-depth comparison with 2h/1h and sword/BW end-game gear since Crushed skull mostly has around 10 more w.att than Stonetooth on clean + Crushed skull can be equipped with a shield. But having a broken "Stance" makes 1h-users already handicapped.
    I don't see potting alot as an issue, we got 60% hp pots and 100%/50% tend to drop alot from normal mobs too.
    yes Im a BW user so I have to deal with the 1H issues anyway LOL OnionYes

8. Thamos

Thamos Orange Mushroom

Jul 24, 2017
    Male
    Thamos
    White Knight
    Nachtbrakers
    Sorry guys, just thought I'd try here because here is where pally's gather ^^ won't do it again

9. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    The 14 weapon att difference between skulls and STs are covered by the 1 AS difference and the fact that the ST is a sword. I honestly wouldn't say 1H (in general - either sword or BW) are any better than ST unless the shield is at least 25-30 attack (also assuming we're talking perfect weapons) and you have the standard 4-23 base dex (i.e. pure STR). The reason being that because STs scale well with apples and stoppers, but also because literally every scroll passed on a ST grants more value than one on a 1H because of said scaling, too (if you look at raw numbers, you'll realize how high attack end-game weapons are).

1H users are hampered by several things in Legends specifically: the range of attack in animation for blast (and for mobbing, too, I guess), the fact that shields must be dark scrolled and that maple shields are generally unavailable, and for the obvious scaling differences in general. Also, because 1H in general just have about equal or lower att to the ST and the RK is the only end-game weapon with a faster AS, there aren't really many 1H sword that can even make a case for standing against the power of a good ST.

Personally speaking, the greatest thing I can see about shields is the sexy Guardian skill, but that's not even added til maybe after or before Achilles at like 16x+ and only has an RNG chance to proc (15% at max)...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    7:22 PM
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    yeah but 1h swords are gangster and if you carry one around you can be a pimp daddy knight and shank fools who try and slap you with their big spiky baseball bat they call a sword

11. Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    9:22 PM
    Buffles
    Paladin
    Should mention that blast is a stab so swords will have a higher hit than bw. (Swords have a higher modifier with stabs and maces have a higher modifier with swings; maces also have a lower low and higher high while swords have a more stable damage).

On a personal note, as a bw pally I would've gone sword due to a potential higher damage on Blast

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    Should be tested if the blast skill is just the stab animation or not though. From what I know it's just a stab animation rather than a actual stab.

13. Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    Buffles
    Paladin
    I used to dev in other servers and in all cases Blast was a stab so unless the server files specifically changed this Blast is considered a stab. I can't really prove that this is how it works in Legends but it's most likely the case.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    *Bumb*

KimberlyKimberly Hi kim, sorry for dragging you in here, but can you confirm this please? It might be an issue regarding all BW paladins.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rufus

Rufus Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Rufus
    Paladin
    Villains
    Blast does follow the 3:2 slash:stab ratio. If it was always a stab, BWs would be obsolete lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Blast, like, Rufus and Qanu said, is really only a stab animation. Or at least it is so inherently; I don't know what servers you're talking about, but that shouldn't be the case here. If it is, then it's up to them to fix, otherwise Cam literally cucked himself.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    Buffles
    Paladin
    I hope so too. I'm an all time bw pally before cam even decided to go bw. I think he fell in love with my now defunct Crushed Skull. RIP forever :(

18. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    You might be, but if Blast is really a "stab"-only in more than just animation, then Cam literally destroyed himself for no reason getting to his level with BWs.

19. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
    Best Pally guide in the history of Maple. OnionCourage

20. Ngo

Ngo Red Snail

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    10:22 AM
    LifeOfPally
    Page
    Honor
    Would like to ask if there are any good spots/ways for Pallies to make mesos!

Am insanely poor right now