1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Papulatus should drop Chaos Scrolls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Samus, Nov 22, 2015.

Should we make chaos scrolls drop from papulatus?

1. Yup

2. Nah, they should stay in gach

3. Chaos scrolls should come from something else (comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    7:56 PM
    Samus
    Marksman
    A lot of people have talked recently about making gacha-exclusive items drop from monsters, and especially chaos/white scrolls. I think Papulatus is a good candidate for at least dropping chaos scrolls (at a low rate obviously) for a number of reasons:
    1. You're limited to at most going into pap twice a day, so people can't just farm it indefinitely
    2. It did drop chaos scrolls pre-bb, so its not "nostalgia breaking"
    3. Pap really isn't too difficult to kill or even solo for anyone over 4th job, so chaos scrolls wouldn't just be an item that the super-elites could monopolize
    4. Pap is spawned with piece of crack, meaning it wouldn't just be farmed to death and never be available like many bosses already are (lol anego).
    This would make chaos scrolls much more available and not dependent upon crappy gachapon luck, and it would make them available to the people who really need/deserve chaos scrolls - 4th jobbers.

The only downside is all the cute paps that will be murdered in hopes of getting chaos scrolls :(

05457_002.jpg

jk pap is a jerk and he kills me alot

• Like Like x 3
  2. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    1:56 AM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    untradeable or as a normal drop ? ^^

3. OP
    OP
    Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    Idk would there be any problems with having it as a normal drop?

And to people who think it should stay in gach, why?
    It's currently a terrible lottery system that encourages ridiculously high pricing (I think chaos scrolls are up to at least 200mil now FoxF5) because people have no control over the influx of the scrolls, yet the demand grows continuously as more people get to 4th job and want to upgrade their gear.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Im down to bring better drops to mobs that dont require you to afk the whole day at a certain location checking every 5 min. I feel like this is one of the reasons people feel like its either quitting or spending a lot (maybe too much) time on the game.
    This would help solve the "problem".

5. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3

6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Im not sure what you are saying, but he is not requesting them to be a 100% drop eh?

7. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    idk, welp at least i 1+ that there should be more ways to get them than gacha ^^

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I'm against them being exclusively obtainable through gach but on the other hand I'd rather not see a much larger supply.

Have a couple mobs drop them (not necessarily bosses/area bosses) but have them drop at a very low rate.

You could lower the gach rates for them but I think they're fine right now.

Edit:
    Let's say for example you have drumming bunnies drop chaos scrolls at a very low rate.
    New/low level players will have a shot at finding them, creating opportunity.
    4th job magicians might leave the crowded skeleton maps for once.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    need more ways to move money from the rich players to the poor players

• Like Like x 3
  10. OP
    OP
    Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    How is the supply rate fine right now?
    There's maybe 1-2 being obtained per week with 100+ players who want to get them. I'm not saying that the supply should be drastically increased, but it needs to be better than the abysmal rates and crappy way of getting it now. My suggestion would put chaos scrolls into the hands of the players who want them, instead of the complete lottery we have right now. It would mean that you put in effort to get them, instead of just the super-rich chucking hundreds of millions of mesos at the one lucky guy who got a scroll. Of course we should have ways for poorer players to make money (of which there are plenty if you put in a little effort), but the current system just lets the richest players monopolize the best scrolls in the game.

The drumming bunnies idea isn't bad, because it would make chaos scrolls kind of similar to flame cordons. However, this would give mages a huge advantage when they are already the easiest class in the game to make money on. Lower levels could have a tiny chance to get a scroll, but in the time they could kill one drumming bunny, a bishop could squash 15. I actually thought a decent idea would be to have Crimson Guardians drop chaos scrolls, since those resist the elements (making blizz/gene/meteor spam less overpowered) and right now there's really no reason to go to them lol.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I'd rather not have them at all but since that's never gonna happen, the less the better. Personal preference^^.

Love the Crimson Guardian idea. They're a lot of fun to train at but like you said it's never really worth it the way it is now (though it's a pretty nice meso explosion map for low lvl CBs!)FoxNinja

Okay I'm in. Thinking about it it's just awesome FoxHehe