1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Party quest exp buffs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Angbak, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    6:16 PM
    Angbak
    Bishop
    In the "Let's talk about channels" thread, one interesting point to note is that party quests are seldom done on the server. IMO, this is because grinding for characters with mobbing skills tend to be faster than PQs. As far as I know, the exp rate for this server are 2x for mob kills and 3x for quest exp. However, there is no boost to the exp gotten from completing stages at PQs. This may explain why it is often favorable for people to grind instead.

May I suggest a buff to the exp gotten from completing stages, be it 2x or 3x so that PQs are better than just solo grinding? This will encourage more party play in the server instead of mindlessly grinding. Also, since people will be doing less PQs overall within the level range because of this exp boost, is it possible to lower the number of PQs needed to obtain the PQ eqps (Glasses/squishy shoe/earrings)?

Disclaimer: I have never done PQs because I realised that grinding is just much faster than PQs and it's troublesome to find a party to do it.

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    The purpose of the 3x Quest EXP is to favor questing over grinding. Adding 3x party quest EXP too will defeat that purpose and make everyone PQ again instead. PQ's are already as good as they are, so the boost is not need.

Now of course I am aware OPQ being unrewarding, but that's a different issue altogether (something that wouldn't be fixed if ALL PQ's were buffed, since it will still stand out as being worse). OPQ was already buffed 2 times in past, but I guess it isn't buffed enough yet.

And yeah people grind because grinding > waiting. But that's again a different issue (lack of early-game people atm)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    6:16 PM
    Angbak
    Bishop
    From what I know, PQs are mostly deserted except for the odd party or so which takes rather long to form. Since it is a form of "grinding" that promotes party play and foster friendships, would it not be a good alternative to questing which is mostly solo play? Perhaps instead of 3x PQ exp, it can be lowered to 2x instead? At least something that will make PQ-ing more favourable to pure grinding.

I'm not sure if there is a ton of waiting time due to the lack of early-game people or because simply grinding is way more efficient than PQ-ing. I've seen several people in my guild asking for PQ mates to no avail. However, I must confess that I'm not too in touch with the PQ community so I would like more inputs from them. I have very limited PQ experiences because I found out that grinding is simply faster.

Keeping PQ stage exp at 2x may be a good balance between being slightly slower than questing for levels (I'm totally unsure as to how fast this is as I did pure grinding) and better/faster than pure grinding. Again, as I did the pure grinding route as a cleric and self leeching as an intsair, I would like feedback regarding this. If PQs were as good as they are, wouldn't there be more people doing them? Having no information, I'll assume that there really isn't enough early-game people.

However, as mentioned by NagaDivineNagaDivine , if the overall purpose of the "Let's talk about channels" thread was to recruit and retain new players, wouldn't buffing PQs, which create a sense of community the best way to go about doing so? I know several people who made friends with their LPQ mates and still continue to be friends even till today.

Tldr, PQs promote party play which fosters community, possible buff to PQs to promote PQ-ing over individual play such as grinding and make it seem that server is crowded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PerfektAim

PerfektAim Slime

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    PerfektAim
    Outlaw
    Aloha
    I am not sure if EXP is the problem, because in my opinion it's actually very good. If you have a LMPQ party, or an LPQ party you fly through levels 35-70. It's the finding a party that is hard, but the cause of that lies in the current database of players being too high level as it is to do that PQ. Imagine there's tops 400 players online, I'd say not even 10% of them will fit into LPQ region, or LMPQ region. Half of those are AFK/sleeping, and suddenly you only have ~20 players left able to actually do the PQ. And then you have questers, FM'rs, grinders and PQ'rs. The amount of people is quite low. I think the PQs are as good as they were, however through to Double exp status of the server: grinding is better.

5. Sloppy

Sloppy Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    6:16 AM
    White Knight
    I personally didn't have any trouble finding people for KPQ/LPQ (kpq is slightly harder but still not bad).
    Whatcha need to do is make friends in every party you do find/get in a good guild and you'll have a peer group of near leveled people which makes things much easier. Also they both already give good exp (on par with training ish) if you have a good party.
    I wouldnt mind OPQ/PPQ buffed from what I hear they're not good exp at all. I have yet to do them here tho so thats purely hear say.

6. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    6:16 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    1.5X Experience? I believe that might be a good medium

7. WalesNote

WalesNote Slime

Apr 29, 2018
    Male
    UK
    11:16 AM
    -
    Perhaps increase it a bit, but not much?
    Or make the rewards better?

We need to give people more reason to do them.

8. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    tfw OPQ has 6x EXP and it's still not enough. OnionF4

9. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Some things to think about regarding this topic:
    - We will get monster book soon, which has got papa pixi card, which might boost people doing opq, however most of the server is already higher lvl and not sure if they are willing to create new char just for this sake, unless high lvls will be allowed to pq somehow with strict limits like 3rd/4th job skills or even all their attack skills blocked.
    - Gs2 and the likes take away a lot of potential OPQ ppl, even if OPQ gets exp boost then there is still the waiting time factor which makes people wanting to grind instead.
    -Poor rewards from OPQ, because lets be honest, who cares about that glove when there is brown wgs/flamekeeper cordons or class specific gloves with much better stats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    3:16 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    no one opqs or ppqs anymore. when i played in last april/may. thats how i leveled. but after May, it instantly died. OPQ is pretty nice and different than LMPQ. is there a way to increase the rates of PPQ and OPQ?

PS: PPQ drops pirate chair

11. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    if you arent a mage/archer/spearman, you cant really grind at GS2, PQ's would be nice from 50-70 that are consistant.

12. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    is this told to everyone, or now we know its 6x?

13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This was done long ago during the Navi-era.