1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

PB-Helmets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Magen, Sep 25, 2021.

your opinion - (please read before voting)

1. buff it (comment will be very helpful)

30 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. leave it as is (comment will be very helpful)

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    12:03 PM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    TL;DR - buff pb helmets, the current state makes it useless, buff it's state by +10 ish.

Hello everyone!

I would like to suggest a suggestion about pink bean helmets -

the current state of these helmets is actually, (please correct me if I'm wrong) useless.

here is the stats of every helmet (timeless) according to the library -

upload_2021-9-25_17-47-22.png

and to be fair, lets say they are all can perfectly level and gain another 5 stats
    that's still useless.
    and its not about the stats only, warriors and buccaneers need accuracy (20+) to be able to use the helmet without misses (thiefs/archers/sairs/mage are not faces the problem of accuracy).
    while we at it, warrior helmet has no dex at all, pirate/mage/warrior helmets has no hp.

the suggestion -
    1. make it untradeable - like ZAKUM/SCAR/TAGRA/etc.. helmets, make it untradeable so we can cause *less* side effect. (I really don't wanna see +20 helmets before scrolling available in fm - that reminds me of the broken time, when Neckson decided zakum helmet will be tradeable)

2. buff the stats of it to 16~18 stats clean (like +10 ish on every one of them will be reasonable).
    now thats sounds like a lot but if we compare it to other helmets I'm pretty sure we can all agree thats a reasonable progression
    a. Zakum - lv 50 - 17stats /10 slots
    b. Scar &Targa-lv 80 - 19stats (to main stat)+17 other/10slots
    c. Ravana - lv70 +20stats 7 slots.
    d. (the optional) PB helmet - lv 150 - about 20-23stats (after perfect levels)

3. make the levels optionally +2 and not +1 every stat. ( make section 2 to +5 and not +10)

4. make the slots +10 and not +7 (if implemented will need a second calculation to section 2 - as base buff stats)

pros:
    1. PB runners could sell runs (pendants/helmets)- now even if it stays tradeable, it would be worth selling - can always change the rate of the drops too.
    2. 'fresh air' to the server and meta
    3. make PB the final gear in any aspect.
    4. can get some extra hp
    cons:
    idk really..

I'm fully aware that every buff on these helmets will cause side effects even if I didn't point on a bad side effect I'm pretty sure there will be one so lets open it to a debate.

Thank you for reading
    :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    2:03 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't both Timeless and Reverse items have a "set" bonus?

Edit: My bad wrong set it was level 30 Blizzard set, heres the set if anyone wanted to know
    https://i.imgur.com/tQ8x7AZ.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Holp

Holp Master Chronos Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    7:03 PM
    kKayo
    Shadower
    Toot
    Some of the requirements might also have to be changed since most of our stats we need to wear other EQs starts from Rav/Zak/Scar/Targ helms. :sleep:
    Unless it gives us a reason to start pumping our substats. :alien:

4. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    5:03 PM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    I think it is an amazing idea, lvl 150 helm should be better then a lvl 50 helm for sure.
    it will also make scrolling helms much simpler, if unlike zhelm i can have several timeless hats in the inventory.
    and if we can make them good enough it can be a good boost to the luk mage :) ( so I am slightly biased).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    5:03 AM
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    My quick take on this one is that its lv150 gear that comes from a boss but not technically a boss helm. It doesnt say pink bean helmet in the title how zakum helm or the others do and thats prob where you're getting confused. If you take this angle, it makes sense but I can see confusion since they're hard to get. Thats how i see it at least. I clicked this thinking there was such a thing as a pink bean helm lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:03 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It's too bad most of the job specific gear in the game is made obsolete by ''common'' gear. For the helmet slot I don't think there's too much you can reasonably do about it since the zakum helmet is such a staple of Maplestory and it wouldn't be right to either bring it down to the stats of the job helms or to buff the job helms to a level where they would become relevant.

It would make sense for the reverse and timeless helmets though imo. I think making the timeless (after leveling fully) slightly better than a max stat scar/targa/rav helm would be a welcome change. No need to make them untradeable as that already happens once you gain experience with them and they have a level 150 requirement so they won't be too abuseable or anything.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    The secondary stat requirements on the helms would likely have to be removed or significantly reduced for them to be viable. Even with the proposed changes, only the warrior and archer helms would be viable as they are the only ones that don't have a secondary stat requirement. Thieves, for example, would have to add 40-50 more base dex to reach that 160 dex req without zak/scarga helm and that would of course more than negate any benefits derived from using these helms.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    Which is why I don't understand why these hats aren't getting buffed. You could give these helms weapon att when levelled and maintain the base stat requirement & people would gladly put 40-50 more base dex.
    Buff these hats substantially, to a point where it's actually worth using & sacrificing mainstat for, not saying giving it WA.

Perhaps the numbers I made up here are too horrible to be re-looked at. But I hope you get the point of it, not everything has to be a direct buff to damage. Make Timeless equips great, one gear at a time. Also, pre-bb maple isn't meant to be a mainstat build game, this opens up more options for us(players who aren't min-maxing att range) to build our characters differently. Playerbase isn't just made up of DPM hoes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    I think that add to these helmets weapon attack will cause huge side effects.
    For example, ppl will CS their helmet to get high weapon attack, therefore CS prices will be madly high (not like now it's normal yeah)
    Imagine 20wa helmet.. for me it's too much.

I think the stats and base stats to wear will be the key for make it valid

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. notauser69

notauser69 Slime

Oct 22, 2020
    1. make it untradeable - like ZAKUM/SCAR/TAGRA/etc.. helmets, make it untradeable so we can cause *less* side effect. (I really don't wanna see +20 helmets before scrolling available in fm - that reminds me of the broken time, when Neckson decided zakum helmet will be tradeable)

They become untradeable once equipped anyways.

PB helmets are going to be useless anyways later on even if they get buffed because of this power creep Auf-Haven circlet which is part of the "NT-part 2" and is going to be the biggest power creep in terms of helmet power.
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=1002972

this scroll gives 4 all stats but at a 5% chance so having a potential of 82 all stat helmet. Yeah 20 slots btw.
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/use?id=2040037

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    If they were buffed uniformly the archer and warrior helms would be much stronger than the rest, for better or worse. And buffing the other helms significantly more than the archer and warrior helms seems kind of clunky.

Helms are hardly going to be made useless because of auf haven, if released as they are. They can only be scrolled with the auf haven exclusive helm scrolls (although even if they could be scrolled with regular scrolls it would still only be as good as a scarga helm given the low base stats). How many people do you know that would be able to undertake a 360-380 WS project? To even just be better than scarga helms one would have to drop on average at least 120 WS (imagine going through enough perf helms to land two raw 5% scrolls in a row), if not 140 WS :sick:.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    that's actually a cool idea of having 'set' bonus (like if u get helmet/gloves/oa/shoes/weapon) to have like 1% bonus or something; though helmets must get buff anyway for atleast +10 than it's current state.

I think that even if this ever gets implement into our server, staff will adjust the stats so it fits maplelegends (I can't believe there will be a 82potetntial stats helmet as is) but time will tell I guess, for now lets focus the state of PB helmets :) .

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. notauser69

notauser69 Slime

Oct 22, 2020
    120ws is correct. It takes 4 slots to get a helmet to be a clean scar or zhelm for 18 all stats. But, depending on class, it only takes an additional 2 scrolls to start beating scrolled scar and zhelms.

Also your not forced to go all 20 slots though. You only need 6 5% scrolls to already be better than latter and use it right away. Mages might not benefit but they can start using luk mage gear.
    Take note that each 5% scroll gives 4 ALL stats not 4 to a certain stats. So certain classes get significantly more from all stats.

Ws equips are a long term investment. Just because you have 20 slots on a hat doesn't mean your forced to rush all 20 slots right away. You could always just ws 1 slot of auf haven helm from time to time and then scroll something else instead.

Its Similar to incomplete 10% weapons they are already better than casually scrolled weapons. The difference? Upgrade slots are the difference

Nt part 2 is already in consideration by the staff but people chose pb to be released first.

I get that this is definitely needs rebalanced but I always assume they will leave it vanilla and see how it goes from there.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    A perf scarga helm scrolled with 10 60%s is 56 total stat. A perf auf haven circlet at +6 is 52 total stat.

The word "only" there is doing a lot of heavy lifting. No one is dropping "only" 26b just to have 4 more stats than a scarga helm. That's the equivalent of paying almost 40b for one att.

The cost/stat of a finished auf haven circlet relative to scarga helms is ~670m, which is about 4b/att (actually much worse because no one needs that much additional secondary stat). In other words, one doesn't even try to start working on one until they have a perfect timeless weapon, 23+ att gloves, 18+ att cape, 10+ att stompers, 18+ stat specs, 20+ stat earrings, and a perfect overall. What I'm trying to say is no helms are becoming "useless" or getting power crept because no one on the server at present is even at this point yet, and even if there were a handful of individuals, it would still take one 3 years to finish it a rate of 2b/month, or just over 13 months to get it to the point where it would be better than a scarga helm.

Long story short, buffing PB helms, for better or worse, would not be made a useless endeavor because of auf haven.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. notauser69

notauser69 Slime

Oct 22, 2020
    Very true

Very Understandable. I know its hella expensive but it still pushes the power level of end-game a bit higher.

It does give alot of secondary stat but at that point, you would cut htp/timeless pendant and use a 10 att Mark of Naricain instead. DEX earrings are replacable with LUK earring for thieves (for instance)

It still is power creep in terms of BiS (Best in Slot) for helmet. At End game, Scar/Zhelm is no longer BiS when Auf Haven helmets are better when scrolled. It only takes 35% of the helmet scrolling to beat the latter two helmets. And yeah its really isn't a priority 1 thing, its more like adding the toppings on a cake but still, there goes another cs/ws sink if he/she got the chance.

Its all theorycraft, i don't know how would staff would handle this. Its pretty degenerate tbh.

In terms of this suggestion about PB Helmets.
    1) One thing I should mention is that you can craft timeless helmets which automatically makes this getting these helmets much more accessible then the zhelm/scar.
    2) I like the idea of PB helmets being worthy close to zhelm/scar. Base: 10-12 but it can get to a maximum of 22 all stats (1~2/level). Sounds like a fair tradeoff. Also make it 10 slots

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  17. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    why not wear all timeless eq except weapon can give u 5% extra main stats, (hat oa glove shoes)
    jajajajaja

18. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    11:03 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I think a great buff would be heavy avoidability, defense or HP. So that the user that to chose between damage or utility. This gives the game just a little more dynamic.

19. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Other helms already give a ton of defense and avoid. I don't know... as a mage, I would absolutely never equip this even if it had +10 INT +10 LUK. You just give up so much by dropping the no stat requirement common helms. It would have to give something like 25+ INT and 25+ LUK clean to be even worth considering IMO. Even if it was tradable, it's so hard to actually get Timeless stuff. Zakum, on the other hand, is a complete joke.

20. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Make PB helmets required no stats make sense (or make it main stat required like warriors/archers helmet)
    Also would be much more interesting if it level +2 and not +1 each level (the potential)

• Disagree Disagree x 1