1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect / All 30%'d gear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zook, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonespace

Bonespace Slime

Nov 10, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    8:58 PM
    Bonespace
    Paladin

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    3:58 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Hoping to keep those 18 dex shoes from being deleted? Keepo

• Like Like x 2
  3. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    9:58 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    I dont see what you are trying to say with this video.
    This video says that it should even it out eventually, which is something i said in my post.

4. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Navi has spoken, he's innocent until proven guilty.

You can't throw that McDonald's employee in jail for showing up one day with a new Lamborghini that some random rich guy gave to him out of no where.

Nomsayin?,

• Like Like x 1
  5. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS

NaviNavi I guess I'd like to ask you a question from a different perspective. You are saying that you can't ban FutureLegend because there is a chance he is innocent (although even you seem to be leaning that probability is low).

If there are 10 people like Futurelegend, 8-9 of them are illegitimate. In that scenario, would you rather ban none of them in the fear of banning an innocent, or ban all of them and write off the 1 innocent as collateral damage?

This is a difficult question and I'm sure you've thought about it, and it sound's like your decision is to ban no one. I'd just like you to ask you to consider that by taking that option, you choose to risk the time and effort spent here by hundreds, if not thousands, of people.

To me, if the tradeoff was risk banning one potentially innocent person versus risk completely devaluing thousands of hours spent by so many individuals, the choice would seem clear, especially when that "innocent" person has been known to be a rule-breaker.

• Like Like x 5
  6. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    If that person was you who is accused of hacking or whatever, and you know you are innocent would you still think you should get banned? Thats why proof is needed.

7. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Common sense should trump proof in shit like this. This isn't a court of law, its a private Maplestory server.

8. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    do u even read posts before u reply? kek

• Like Like x 2
  9. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    If that person was a rule breaker he shouldnt have got unnbanned, but he did get unbanned.

10. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    2.9 Vote Abuse - ... Punishment: 1st Offense: 7 Day Ban; 2nd Offense: 14 Day Ban; 3rd Offense: Account Ban

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:58 PM
    Moderator Post
    Alright, let's put this thread to a rest for now.

First of all, it seems mentioned a lot in this thread that FutureLegend ever was banned for Vote Abusing, which seems to have started by Zook in this thread. This is false, he was never banned for vote abusing, nor does he own 30 accounts, or even close to that by 1%. I am not sure how this got spread, but here you have the official reply to that.

There seem to be some confusion in Navi's reply, so I try simple it up a bit. FutureLegend was never banned directly for "duping", he was banned because us, staff, wanted investigate him. His ban reason was never "duping". The first checks we have done that made us catch the other real dupers never triggered FutureLegend, so technical speaking he would have never got a ban, but we wanted check him anyways. As mentioned by Navi, there's no evidence found that he duped, all the items in question only exist one of them, including the 18 dex shoes.

For the other people that did got banned but don't understand why (friends of friends). These people at least requested for dupe, acknowledged dupe, help friend(s) duping items, sell duped items, or ever logged in one of the account's that got banned for duping. Like mentioned, all those involved are no longer welcome in MapleLegends, and from what we have FutureLegend has no association with dupe from all the information we have, and without evidence we cannot ban a person from the server.

The bug itself is already long patched, so if any dupes appear AS OF RIGHT NOW, let me know as soon as possible.

For now, this topic is set to a rest and nothing will be changed with what we have already decided, which is that no actions against FutureLegend will be taken, unless evidence is found.

If you have any further questions or leave more information for us, instead of getting it all out in public, PM Navi or Kimberly a Private Message with all the information you got.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.