1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Perm Nx Mounts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chris, Nov 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    12:06 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Would love to be able to buy the new nx mounts with donor nx so that they're perm <3

• Like Like x 6
  2. Vivienne

Vivienne Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2014
    Female
    Singapore
    12:06 AM
    Islander
    When Im rich I would love this too

• Like Like x 2
  3. BustyGalsFTW

BustyGalsFTW Red Snail

Dec 7, 2016
    Male
    BustyGalsFTW
    Bishop
    Nebula
    This would be amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
  5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:06 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Are we going to have another debate about how this is "pay to win"? Onionsmh

6. OP
    OP
    Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Considering its cosmetic I don't see how its pay2win but then again they consider hair/eye as pay2win so who knows? OnionF6

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:06 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well the argument is as follows:
    1. Player A would really like their character to look unique but has no money IRL, so they have to buy all their cosmetic items with vote cash.
    2. Player B also wants their character to look unique, but they can buy their cosmetic items with donor points.
    3. Since Player B did not have to spend their vote cash on cosmetic items, they can spend that extra vote cash on game-affecting items like gachapon tickets or AP resets.

That seems like a sound argument, but there's one small problem with it.

If we assume AP resets and gachapon tickets are the most valuable thing in the world and worthy of making an issue of vote cash vs donor points, then of course the only smart thing to do is not waste your vote cash on cosmetics in the first place. Donor points can only buy cosmetic items and some pets (which by themselves offer no real benefit). Therefore, donor points can only possibly be "pay to look cool".

As for the players that don't make that "smart" decision and buy cosmetic items with their vote cash instead? Well, that is basically conceding that their looks are more important to them than whatever in-game benefit they would otherwise receive. You don't have to spend your vote cash on cosmetic items. It's your choice.

Admittedly, donating alleviates this situation so you don't have to make that choice. Which is fair enough.

I guess the real question here is: should donators get nothing, or should they get a little something?

Nearly two years ago when this server had first opened, I donated 100 euros just because. And I knew there was some kind of cosmetics only donor point system, but quite frankly, the choices were utterly disappointing or downright ugly. I wholeheartedly supported the addition of more cosmetic items, but never bitched about not having anything to spend the points on. I kinda just figured that the donor point stuff would always just be shitty, and my points would remain unspent.. but that's ok because a donation was a donation.

Over this time I had spent over 100k nx on exp hair coupons just to get one particular hair, and I regularly kept up an outfit for my character, paid for with vote cash. And I managed to gach a little too.

When donor points were finally usable on other cosmetic items (and permanent ones at that!) I bought my outfit with them and yes, I saved a bunch of vote cash this way, but honestly I hadn't been spending them that much because of how terrible people said the gach revamp was. I've still spent a significant amount of vote cash on pet-related items and AP resets, but I'm still sitting on nearly 400k unspent vote cash....

8. OP
    OP
    Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I understood their reasoning but from my point of view I see no difference in a mount cover (or even beauty tickets) to be in anyway different from nx clothes which you can already buy with donor items. The issue is though no1 needs to change their look to be "successful" in this game which is a huge flaw in their argument since their stance on beauty tickets can be said about any other thing you can buy with donor points. Eventually you're done washing also and no longer need to buy ap resets and ofc with how superior hunting tickets are to reg gach why would you ever waste vote nx on that? Seems like there are many other perks like vip rocks that would be much more beneficial imo.

But I'm also pretty sure I was told by either Kimberly or Poofcakes that this could have been just a mistake. But I'm also pretty sure they might have just said that to shut me up at the time. :D

Edit: I looked back at the msg and Kim said packages weren't working on the server for a while so the function was never supported by it?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

5:06 PM
    Here chris ill bump it for you
    \o/