1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

High Pets dissapeared / replaced by bugpet, names lost :(

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by NerdEmilia, Oct 28, 2020.

1. NerdEmilia

NerdEmilia Red Snail

Sep 22, 2020
    5:57 AM
    Description of the bug:
    I had 3 Mini kargos, named "Eins","Zwei" and "Drei".
    then i bought a 4th one and putted it into my inventory.
    then i wanted to put it back, and instead of that weird stuff happend.
    My Kargo "Zwei" and "Drei" was removed and replaced with a broken "MiniKargo".

Now i got in 3 kargos "Eins" and 2 times "Mini Kargo".
    Where i should have "Eins","Zwei", "Drei" and 1 "Mini Kargo".

when i try to activate the Both MiniKargo then i only can activate one of them.
    Its like both inventory entries of them are linked to the same MiniKargo creature instance.

Since i used Donor to Rename my 3 Kargos im not happy with that, so i hope its ok to flagged it with "High".

What is supposed to happen?:

Now i got in 3 kargos: "Eins" and 2 times "Mini Kargo" (wich is only 1 miniKargo that resides 2 times in my inventory).

Where i should have "Eins","Zwei", "Drei" and 1 "Mini Kargo".

Also the equip of Pet 2 (some loot stuff) and Pet3 (hp scrolled kargo wings) are not there anymore, i cant select the pet inventory 2 even when i got 2 pets active

Maybe the items are still there but i maybe just cant select Pet 2 and 3 Equip

Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:
    When fiddling around Pets in the Cash shop as described above
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    not sure if it will work again but:
    * have 3 pets of the same kind with names and equip in inventory
    * buy a 4th one.
    * put it also in the inventory
    * try to put the 4th back into the cash shop
    Extra information (optional):
    its on my account the Character "Zauberin" to wich it happend.

screenshot with having "Eins" aktive and the broken "Mini Kargo" but i cannot equip second pet (?)
    https://pasteboard.co/JxJpjF5.png

Logging out and in does not fixed the issue

2. OP
    OP
    NerdEmilia

NerdEmilia Red Snail

Sep 22, 2020
    5:57 AM
    Since there was no answer or reaction i just wanted to play, so i logged into the game and wanted to Play.
    I tried if maybe the patch fixed something or anything.
    So i putted all pets into the cash shop and took them out.
    Now i dont even have the MiniKargo named "eins" anymore.

Instead now it seems like i got 3 Minikargo (instead of 4) but those 3 minikargos are just the same one that just is 3 times in my inventory.

i Uploaded a video that might explain what i want to say.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/16aNyEPuJq0dRLUwkE6_UwGWzZv9gachO/view

seems like i got 3 kargos in my inventory, when i click one it is spawning, when i then click another one the first one is removed (normally the second one should spawn, or the game should ask me if i want to make it the new leader pet).

So this is not 3 pets, its 3 times the same pet.

Im ok with rebuing my 3 pets and name tags again, even when i used donor.
    But im afraid if this problem will occur again or if something is now broken with pets in my profile / character.

I want to have 3 pets for fun named Eins, Zwei, Drei again just for fun.
    So please coud someune just check if the data integrity of my char pets are brokenor something, just delete that broken pet or see if there are any data left of my original 3 pets?

3. xRuru

xRuru Slime

Nov 2, 2020
    Male
    12:57 AM
    xRuru
    Corsair
    Neverland
    I had the same exact issue on my account except with Black Cats.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/named-pets-not-working-properly.35167/
    Here is my report if you want to cross compare, but it looks like we had the same exact issue happen.

When I transferred my pets from 1 character to another through the cash shop I didn’t have all 3 pets duplicate/ overwrite at the same time though. At first it was just 1. Then moving them through again duplicated the newest one over the older ones.

I originally thought that the name tag itself caused moving the pets through the cash shop to overwrite/ duplicate. Now it looks like that moving things pets of the same type through the cash shop will almost always overwrite the older pets as the newer pets.

The game probably checks the pets as they’re in the cash inventory and assumes that as the pet is deposited, that pet is the newest one that you purchased, therefore replacing them with the same individual IDs or something. I don’t know I have no idea how coding works.

Also, your pet items are still in your inventory, you just cannot access pet 2 or pet 3 Equips without 2 and 3 pets respectively deployed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    9:57 PM
    Its kind of the same with pet equips, but I didn't transfer them over to another character. When I put Scuba Mask +7 hp (110 hp) into the cash shop inventory then hover over it the stats are removed and shows that it still has its slots, when I remove it from the cash shop inventory and hover over it in my player inventory it shows its stats like normal being 110 hp +7.. I think theres something wrong in the cash shop that needs fixing when something is transferred to one character to the next it seems to have refreshed whats been added names to pets/scrolled stat.. I hope they fix this for players that use one account and not multiple accounts with a single character on each. (Like me, and if there are multiple characters its to reserve the name I want later)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. bluevelcro

bluevelcro Blue Snail

Aug 26, 2021
    12:57 PM
    Kenku
    Cleric
    Ah I got the headsup from IGN Psychotic (thank you!) about this thread because I too am experiencing this issue and it's the 4th of October 2021 T_T and it seems this issue hasn't been fixed yet after nearly a year. So I'm here to bump this post. I made a similar thread just yesterday about the 3 new blowfish man I bought. I think all the three pets have just merged into 1 single code and although there are 3 separate pet icons in my inventory, they all just correspond to a single pet.

6. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    12:57 AM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Actually just had something similar happen to me. I tried putting 2 expired Pie pets in the Cash Shop inventory. The first worked but the second returned an error along the lines of "Unable to communicate with Cash Shop..." Then (I think) I tried taking out the first pie and I didn't get it. Either way, I couldn't deposit the second Pie. I didn't have the first Pie in my inventory when I exited Cash Shop and when I re-entered, the first Pie wasn't there either. Relogging has no effect.

TL;DR: Tried to deposit 2 Pies, couldn't, and now I has one. Sadge expired pie.