1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pianus should not be 20 minutes of waiting outside the cavern and 10 minutes of killing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alyosha, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    10:27 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    He's probably become the most frustrating boss to have to deal with, specifically the Right Head. The fact that there is no cooldown on his Weapon Cancels is ridiculous, he is able to put up cancel again within 5 seconds of it coming down, and it's happened on multiple occasions, just back to back to back Weapon Cancels and there's absolutely nothing you can do other than sit outside and wait. The only time you can really attack him is for the 30 seconds he uses Magic Cancel instead, otherwise, you're spending most of your time outside of the cave.

It's not much better when both halves of Pianus are up. I attacked one, he Weapon Canceled, walked to the other one, hit him, and he Weapon Canceled as well. I left for ~20 seconds and when I came back and attacked some more they both canceled again. I left because I can't be bothered to deal with that. If you want 2 Pianuses at ~97% health go to ch6, and see how enjoyable it is.

Just because it's GMS-like doesn't mean it's not a fundamentally garbage mechanic that is universally disliked. It's honestly no wonder that people found so many workarounds with wall-tapping, Rushing, and Monster Magnet.

"YoU'rE jUsT uNlUcKy ThOuGh" The lucky Pianuses I killed were ones where I only had to wait outside for 6-8 minutes, and it's generally Left Pianus because he seems to cancel less. Is even that acceptable? It's not fun to sit outside and wait. It's not challenging to do it either. All it is is frustrating because you just want to play the game but a mechanic prevents you from even doing anything.

There needs to be a cooldown between cancels. A minute, or even 30 seconds would be nice. Having him be a time sink sitting in the Fly-eye cave outside is just absurd.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:27 AM
    Moderator Post
    I can look into the game files later what Pianus' cooldown is on those skills.

3. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Thank you.

And apologies for sounding so mad. I should have rage-quit Pianus sooner rather than building up frustrations over the last 75% of his health.

...But for real all the cancels are nonsense...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    12:27 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Left and right Pianus has same duration and cool down for weapon/magic cancels actually so that's just a placebo.
    Interesting thing to note is that generally Neckson puts CD longer than its duration but this don't seem to be the case for Pianus. For example, zak can cast cancels once every 45 seconds with 30 seconds of CD. On the other hand, cancel from Pianus seems to last 35 seconds with 11 seconds of CD, which explains why it can cast so frequently compared to other bosses.
    We will experiment with how these cancels are handled and adjust accordingly. Thanks~

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    Isn’t the weapon cancel get removed when you go out and re-enter? I do not have such problem when I was killing Pianus.

I think the Pianus have short weapon cancel CD is because of the map. Since Pianus map can be entered with no limits player count.

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Going in and out a portal to remove buffs got patched.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:27 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well I always thought fighting bosses on maple was a boring pain.

spam attack, spam attack, get hit, pot, spam attack, spam attack, 1/1, pot, spam attack, spam attack, get dispelled, rebuff, 1/1, pot.

There really isn't much to it except standing in one spot attacking and potting regularly. The cancel buffs are about as cheesy as everything else.

8. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    LOL you just described maple's combat as a whole....

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:27 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    That really depends how you play. For the most part, I find fighting the regular mobs a bit more interesting. It actually takes a bit of skill sometimes to kill them without taking damage. Or to just kill them as quickly as possible.

Bosses on the other hand are usually these stationary blobs that just cast screenwide attacks you can't usually dodge. It's more interesting when you can avoid boss attacks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Do vergamot. That's an interesting boss where you can (and should) dodge attacks