1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Playing MapleLegends... In the middle of nowhere, at SEA (on a cruise ship)!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SapphireJ, Apr 14, 2021.

1. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    4:54 PM
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    A lil intro!
    So I was about to go into another cruise holiday. Usually, when this happens, I ended up losing my vote streak on Gtop, not to mention, in the past times I cruised before the Coronavirus Pandemic, so I am gonna make this one, DIFFERENT!

As I didn't own a laptop, I decided to borrow my mum's work laptop (which has a quad core i7 U and 16GB Ram) as well as purchase the onboard Wi-Fi for all the days of my cruise so I was able to keep my vote streak alive. But, I decided to take it up a notch and attempt to play MapleLegends, in the middle of nowhere, at SEA! And to make this memorable, it's the lvl 100 milestone I gotta hit!

And no, when I mean SEA, its not Southeast Asia (sorta!), but literally at sea, the ocean, on a cruise ship, literally in the middle of nowhere, on International, ungoverned Waters (in this case, the Strait of Malacca).

Cruise itinerary - High Seas
    As this is a Pandemic Cruise, this ship only does High Seas itinerary. Which means, there is no port of call. The ship leaves the homeport (in this case, my country, Singapore), goes out to international waters for 1-2 days, before turning back.

In this case, the ship departs at 11th Apr 21, 9pm (GMT 8+) and arrives back at 14th Apr 21, 9am (GMT 8+)

The challenges
    As the ship solely relies on wireless satellite transmission for it's internet access, it's no surprise that this connection, while usable and was able to do some light media streaming, was definitely not suitable for gaming.

Occasionally when trying to log in, change channels or going into the cash shop, I get this:

err1.jpg

And this:

err2.jpg

Not to mention, as the page sometimes load slowly while voting, GTop will sometimes accuse you of possible bot/proxy/vpn usage, which will sometimes lead to flagging your device from voting until the next reset. Though thankfully in this case, it did not happen. Phew.

Even though I was able to get in the game, I was not able to cast spells, buffs, actions, etc instantly. Everything on screen was also delayed. One things for sure, if you wanna try doing this on a cruise holiday, please do not sell leech, boss or do anything that requires fast acting (cut throat grinding).

Without further ado, here's some pics!

Day 1 - Playing while waiting for the Swab Test.

The ship is named World Dream. Owned by Genting Hong Kong, operated by Dream Cruises. Ain't she a big beauty eh?

1.jpg

It was quite a wait since before you go onboard, you need to take a mandatory COVID 19 Antigen test. So time to fish out that laptop and play ML while waiting for my turn as well as waiting for my result! This time I was using my phone's 4G data plan to play so, everything was fine. I was just managing to level my mage, HarmonyMagic from lvl 98 (~80%) to lvl 99 at Gallopera.

2.jpg

and, success!! (of course, I was tested negative for COVID 19, if not I won't be writing this thread :p)

Capture.PNG

Day 2 (Late Night, 11:30pm)
    Now the challenge begins. Initially I wanted to do grind at Gallopera. But given the instability of the network, I decided to take out my bishop AlicornMagic, to leech HarmonyMagic at Ulu2 as dying would be too much due to the lagging as mentioned above. I didn't care much about my bishop dying though xD

As you can see, we are in the middle of nowhere, or rather, the Strait of Malacca. Outside, there was nothing, but ocean and darkness as it was night.

3.jpg

After quite some attempts of logging in, I managed to get into the FM and chat with some people.

4.jpg

Now, it's the challenge. I was able to find an open slot in Ulu2 and got my 2 mages there quickly. Thankfully I did not disconnect or I would have lost the map. Time to get comfy on this queen sized bed. Oh and you can have a look at this lovely Balcony Deluxe Stateroom, which is slightly larger than the standard Balcony Stateroom.

5.jpg

Day 3, it was 2-3am (GMT 8+)
    After what took like forever and many near deaths.. (as well as the fear of getting auto banned -- Thanks ML GMs for responding to my concerns!!)

Capture a.PNG

Capture2.PNG

YAY! I DID IT! Getting to level 100, in the middle of nowhere at sea!!

By this time I was tired. So I went to bed as at morning, it was pamper day. I went for spa treatment. I put on a fluffy bathrobe, which felt so good, as if I was literally wearing my golden 27 int bathrobe right now xDD

Day 4, well it's time to go home and I couldn't get in really.

I managed to get into ML at morning while we were slowly going into Singapore. But that was the only thing I could do before I faced countless disconnections.
    [​IMG]

Man, Singapore you're beautiful as always.

[​IMG]

And... Back to life.

[​IMG]

Well, what do you think? Would you try this if you went on a cruise holiday? Have any questions? Let me know! :D
    EDIT: Added spoilers as pictures were too big.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    1:54 AM
    Jeez.. went on the completely clean ghost ship at level 55 got off at level 100 irl, those little guys did a good job

9420509.png 9420510.png 9420511.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    If only MapleStory has Augmented Reality feature

4. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    4:54 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Just an FYI, if you get the bot/proxy/vpn usage notification, just close and reopen and do it again. Works fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    so you’re saying the cruise ship is a Clean Ghost Ship of SG? How particular... xD

Well, if it’s MapleStory 2 maybe, since it’s 3D :p

I see, GM Nise did tell me though. However sometimes GTop just plainly becomes sadistic when it does this. For some reason sometimes I wasn’t able to vote on the IP anymore without using a completely new device and IP address.

That’s GTop (and one of so called pains of ML) for you..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    1:54 AM
    wait, like VR or the mobile camera thing?