1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Please ELI5 Horntail services

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by sarysa, Jun 29, 2020.

1. sarysa

sarysa Slime

May 2, 2020
    Female
    10:27 PM
    sarymage
    Bishop
    I have a lot of questions about Horntail but asking those selling it (especially during the odd hours I play) hasn't worked out so well, and I feel like I've asked enough about HT/Genesis on Discord, so I'm asking here.

So I have the prequest done, but because it was so daunting to deal with Manon, I really don't want to mess anything up and need to fight it again. I had no problem with Zakum on either character, but it's a pretty simple fight: Keep HP(/MP) above a certain level. Because I'm a Bishop and need to rely on Magic Guard, I feel like things could go horribly wrong in the hour+ time frame of Horntail.

So here are my questions:

What does the cheaper HTPQ service entail? i.e. do I just get to the life root, pay, and leave?

Do I need to survive the HTP service?

If so, what do Magician-based classes need to ensure survival for over an hour?

If I fail, do I need to redo the prequest?

If I only do HTPQ first and wait until later to do HTP, do I need to redo the prequest?

Is it worth getting HTP/reloots without a few Chaos Scrolls? (I've seen how ridiculous some of those scrolled necklaces are)

What is this "egg" people speak about?

Thanks. :)

2. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    11:27 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    HTPQ for bishops is just acquiring the life root and bugging out so the only difference for cheaper services should be lower cost.

For your survival, just remember to recast MG and pot when needed.

Get the certificate of the dragon squad to skip the PQ.

Eggs are "scrolls" for the HT pendent.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    HTPQ service only gets you the life root which unlocks genesis. Make sure you’re on the correct part of the quest otherwise you’re wasting an elixir and time. The quest will ask for a life root.

You need to survive HT if you want a pendant. The first 30 minutes or so are spent in preheads which shouldn’t cause much issue. The damage is pretty low and only dark wyverns can dispel you but the sellers should be killing all wyverns. After preheads you’ll spend probably 45-60 minutes in the body phase which is where the danger is. Try to stand on the top left platform at the start and stay up there until leg and tail dies because they can hit for pretty high damage. After they die you can stand on the bottom safely and I’d recommend staying near the bottom left or right near the ropes. Eventually the arms will mass seduce and left arm/mid head will dispel but whoever is selling should tell you when to prepare for that. Basically all you have to do is spam magic guard (DONT USE MACROS THAT HAVE OTHER SKILLS). For surviving I’d recommend getting over 2.2k hp at least but I think a lot of sellers provide hp gear so that shouldn’t be an issue for mages. For potions I’d use power elixirs or ginger ales. Also bring a few all cure potions. You can use dispel if you want to but it takes time to cast and you might get stuck in the animation when a dispel happens.

If you fail to survive or get a pendant then you can stay in the HT cave but you can’t enter the FM so if you need pots you’ll have to leave and redo the elixir quest. Same thing if you leave after HTPQ. Anytime you want to enter the cave you need an elixir to get in.

You don’t need chaoses for an HTP. Maybe when you’re higher level and trying to min-max your stats it’ll be worth it but for now just an egged pendant will do. A clean pendant comes with 6-8 all stat and the egg adds 15 all stat. They both drop after HT is killed so make sure to get an egg with your pendant. I’d check out a YouTube video for a guide on how to use the egg otherwise you could end up wasting it and having to survive another HT run.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    sarysa

sarysa Slime

May 2, 2020
    Female
    sarymage
    Bishop
    Thanks a lot for writing all that out. I have MBR 7 so my HP is already decent by 120 Bishop standards, tempted to squeeze another 13 card sets for MBR 8 so Ginger Ales are more "safe". (I'm less worried about PE's cost and more how time consuming they'd be to fill up on, plus I'm pretty MP washed)

You mentioned ACP's, and I have 200 right now. Is that enough? I'm assuming that's mainly for seduce (googled it and it seems nasty) but does HT do anything dirty like stun-dispel or silence-dispel combos?

5. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    11:27 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    ACPs do not work on seduce or stuns, only hero's will can dispel the former.
    It's more for when your character is cursed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    8:27 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    As a mage, you hp will hardly matter (unless its over 5.6k). This is because if you do die, it will almost certainly be to dispel. The most important thing to avoid these deaths is to follow the runners instructions, when you are told "spam mg" make sure to actually spam mg. A couple of deaths are expected from mage buyers, but if you buy from a reputable group you can probably afford to die ~2 times or so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    sarysa

sarysa Slime

May 2, 2020
    Female
    sarymage
    Bishop
    Oh, they won't even have to tell me. I have 2.4k hp/20k mp so I'll certainly use that 10k excess MP and just spam it the entire fight.