1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] 2007 MS NX vs Private Server NX

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kaysimon, Oct 24, 2015.

How much NX per vote?

1. 5K NX per vote

2. 1K NX per vote

3. 500 NX per vote with 100 and 250 NX drops from mobs

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    12:56 AM
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Honestly, I didn't even want to make a thread about this cause of how much different it would be from many private servers, including MapleLegends, even though it would be a lot more similar to GMS back in the day.

I know many of you might not see the bigger picture and would heavily oppose this idea, but what do you think about decreasing the NX gained per vote from 5K to 1K? You're probably wondering, "How would that benefit the game at all?! I want a full set of NX gear as well as enough NX to spend on gachapon tickets!"

As with anything, the more difficult/rare something is, the more impressive or valuable it becomes. Back when you played GMS/EMS/etc, how many players did you really see with a full set of NX items? When I played, it was almost out of this world to have so much NX, especially at the lower level that I was (around 30-40 or so).

With 5K NX per day, you could gather up 35K NX in a week, which is more than plenty for your 3-month NX items. After gathering your NX items within a week, hypothetically, you could gather 385K NX if you voted every day in the next 11 weeks before your NX items expired, which would allow most players to possibly make WAY more profit from just gachapon-ing (the easy method) rather than farming for equips/scrolls/etc (the much more difficult method).

It really comes down to how similar and how difficult you want the game to be compared to how it was long ago. If you really wanted the server to be like the golden times, you would make gaining NX a lot harder, you would make HP washing almost impossible (which it kinda used to be), and you would make a scenario in which a player's funding correlated to how much time and work he put into farming and training to become stronger, not how many days he spends voting to gather up enough NX to make profit from gachapon without having to do any hard work. The real problem with players milking gachapon is that they don't even need to log onto the game. They can stay offline and vote every day until they make enough NX to become rich from gachapon.

Here's a picture of a bunch of players in the FM from 2007- how much NX do you see in this picture?

[​IMG]
    https://www.google.com/search?q=map...=isch&q=maplestory+2007&imgrc=9YQeqsQFqCKGCM:

Why play a v62 server to begin with if it's not for the nostalgia? Thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    5:56 AM
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Where's the button for 10k?
    Keepo
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    LOL

4. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    I totally agree. I've been milking Gachapon for Pies and elixirs and now I don't have to spend money on pots anymore! Kappa

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Kimberly already confirmed they were tweaking gachapon in the next update.

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I was required to vote in order to see vote results, my vote don't count.

Also, removed the option for voters be able to change it, since hiding it before voting and allow voters to change after is useless.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    The 500NX with NX drops would suck major ass for people like me, who only boss. I'd get like 1k NX a day max..

8. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    How would it suck if everyone is in your shoes? It's not like you would be the only one getting 500-1000 NX while everyone else has way more. I'm sure bosses would drop NX if that idea was implemented anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moofin

Moofin Orange Mushroom

Jul 22, 2015
    Moofin
    Shadower
    Divine
    Lets do whatever we can to keep newer players from getting better gear. My halfway decent gear will be worth billions Kappa

Doing this would probably make half the player base quit overnight and make mesos essentially worthless. I really do not see a problem with letting people make mesos for "free" by giving them 5 free gachapon tickets a day; it pumps much needed scrolls and gear into the market while keeping players who would have otherwise stopped playing somewhat interested in the server.

• Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    You're pretty much disagreeing with what Kim said about selling AP resets in that case. You shouldn't allow players who don't log on and play the game to be better funded than players who DO play the game.

p.s. When I played MapleRoyals, I voted for 2 weeks straight and made 300M while I was playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive instead. I was also complimented for having godly damage in LPQ for hitting 1k/1k as a level 40 Assassin.

11. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:56 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Dislike. -1

Just because the staff will make the NX drops as rare as Candy. Not worth for anyone but mages really.

• Like Like x 8
  12. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    That's a different debate. I'm sure the staff would work it out if enough people complained anyway. They're already tweaking gachapon due to complaints.

13. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    How can they work out something farmable not being more of an advantage to a class that obviously has the built in farming advantage?...

14. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Not sure. They could increase % drop from bosses to compensate somehow. You're thinking ahead too much, haha. Let's move step by step and not jump too far forward.

15. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    If you don't look at the potential endgame of the idea, you'll encounter more problems later on. Its best to see the end result especially when its this obvious, but sure. Sorry for posting bro.

• Like Like x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    It doesn't even look like most players want to add value to NX in general to begin with. These are things we can talk about if the majority of players wanted to go that route. How about we talk about why most players would rather have 5K NX a day, which is a tremendous amount in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Then get off ur lazy bum and grind...

• Like Like x 4
  18. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    You mean "Get off your lazy ass and make a bishop" :^)

• Like Like x 5
  19. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Like I said, they could increase the drop rates of NX from certain bosses to compensate for that.

20. tyys1337

tyys1337 Master Chronos

Jul 7, 2015
    Male
    tyys1337
    Assassin
    Decent
    Bishop vs non - Bishop debate as always .... Do we really need to talk about that here ?

• Like Like x 3