1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Wipe / Bishop Changes Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WEED_JESUS, Jul 23, 2016.

[SELECT ALL THAT APPLY] Hypothetically, what balance changes would you like to see made to bishops?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2016.
  1. Nerf Leech

32.9%
  2. Nerf/Ban Self-Leech/Multi-Clienting

28.8%
  3. Nerf Holy Symbol

19.2%
  4. Balance Holy Symbol to Encourage Larger Parties

57.5%
  5. Penalize Bishops for Using Elemental Wands (Nerf Luckless Bishops)

30.1%
  6. Other [Post about it]

5.5%
  7. None

23.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Spooky

Spooky Brown Teddy

Mar 27, 2015
    3:39 PM
    No changes or wipes are needed.

/thread

2. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    8:39 AM
    Paladin
    Cozy had way better gear so even if it wasnt stolen she still outdamaged him by far. #BringBackHui

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    WEED_JESUS

WEED_JESUS Red Snail

Jul 19, 2016
    Male
    8:39 AM
    WeedJesus
    Priest
    Welp that's it guys, time to pack it up.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    4:39 PM
    To add a suggestion on how you could nerf leech:
    If a player isn't attacking in a map (aka leeching) you could have a time out after which they stop getting exp (or exp is reduced).

Some arguments in favor of this:
    - It's still possible to get leech for classes which are hard to train (ex. corsairs)
    - Encourages active parties, so no leveling up while afk
    - Makes self-leeching harder because you'd have to play on two characters to do it

5. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    9:39 AM
    Paladin
    you dont even play

• Like Like x 2
  6. Spooky

Spooky Brown Teddy

Mar 27, 2015
    I play v62 servers in general, but thanks for reminding me I haven't played Legends in a while. How do you KNOW I don't play? I barely see you.
    Nobody should be complaining about the way v62 works if they choose to play it. They should've known what to expect when they signed up.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  7. Fiona

Fiona Red Snail

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    10:39 AM
    Hero
    IMO nerf or even remove Holy Symbol and buff in other categories to compensate. Like maybe buff Angel Ray or something.

8. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    well it did take you forever to reach 100 in you know what server

9. Spooky

Spooky Brown Teddy

Mar 27, 2015
    What does that have to do with anything?

10. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    that you would never play this server lol

11. Spooky

Spooky Brown Teddy

Mar 27, 2015
    I have played Legends. I even still direct people here who're looking for a v62 server that isn't 4x exp or has a smaller community.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fiona

Fiona Red Snail

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    10:39 AM
    Hero
    Oh wow you played Legends for a day *slowclaps*

Gotta love these level 30s that say don't wipe, why do you guys have to ruin things for us when you don't even log in anyways? Some of us are actually interested in playing this server.

13. Spooky

Spooky Brown Teddy

Mar 27, 2015
    Oh!! Only a day? How weird, you know me more than I do? Are you psychic? Please tell me what colour undies I'm wearing!

EDIT: didn't save other half of post
    Yeah, the level 30 who's allegedly only played for a day has to tell the alleged veteran not to want to get rid of all his progress or split the community even further. Listen to yourself for a second. Also, my last login was 2016-04-10 at 16:09:21, so I'm pretty sure I "log in", boi.
    >some of us are actually interested in playing the server
    Then play. Nobody has to lose their progress or jump ship just for you.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    4:39 PM
    Let's stop arguing about how long people have played, alright? Everyone's opinion matters to us, no matter how long or short they may have played, or what level they are. The more voices we hear, from all different kinds of perspectives, the more it helps us. smilemush

• Like Like x 7
  15. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    7:39 AM
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    TBH the only option that would encourage server growth would be balancing HS to encourage larger parties. Penalizing bishops by implementing the reduced damage with elemental wands/staffs basically removes late game for bishop (even more), nerfing leech would empower bishops more as it would mean buyers would need to pay more to a bishop to gain the same progress, furthermore, if self-leech were banned, I would probably quit, or play only to merch, since leveling my DrK without having finished HP washing is quite boring.

16. Salamander

Salamander Timer

Jun 16, 2015
    Male
    12:39 AM
    Salamander
    Dark Knight
    wiping would be good imo cause everyone already knows legends so if it were to be wiped then it would be hype af , old players returning and new beginnings and shit.
    like no shyt it's unnecessary but so is sitting infront of the couch and watching tv but why do people do it cause it feels gr8

• Like Like x 2
  17. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    hi shane. Kappa

Serious note - Wipe would be fun, just remove bishops during it. #Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  18. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    10:39 PM
    Crusader
    Still a low level noob so I'm probably not the best person to say this, but is a wipe absolutely necessary? If there are issues with bishops and leeching etc, why not come up with the appropriate changes, but don't wipe the server yet and see how things go? My cleric is only level 4x, I don't buy/sell/self leech, and I haven't even enjoyed the benefits of Holy Symbol outside of GM buffs. Hence I'll leave it to those who are affected to suggest the appropriate changes.

Personally I'm not a fan of large, drastic changes. Fix what needs to be fixed, and leave everything else alone. Let the community adapt to the change and see how things work out. Encourage better gaming habits, not impose restrictions here and there.

I'm also against a wipe because unlike most people here, I work insane hours and it took me a long time to even get to level 6x with my main. It's probably not a legit argument against a wipe, but knowing that my progress can be erased at any moment is a compelling reason for me to stop playing altogether.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Charlobeetle

Charlobeetle Brown Teddy

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    10:39 PM
    Charlobeetle
    Bowmaster
    Solo Player
    the server released for more than 1 year already
    if u don't like the bishop being op here then just leave
    no need to ask for such a big change just cuz u (a noob) want it
    there is nothing to discuss
    every job got its pros and cons
    u play or u leave that's all

• Like Like x 6
  20. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Meh, i'd play post wipe. With online players hovering between 40-60 during weekend hours the staff knows a wipe is imminent unless the server is closing its doors soon. Some guilds had 30-40 online at once just a short while ago. New content may allow the server to hit 100+ but that will never be sustained again without a wipe.

Just a question of when now.

I assume that's being decided based on changes and content additions they predict they'll have ready within the next 12 months so that they can as best as possible avoid legends becoming a sub 100 players server post wipe.

This requires ensuring long term playability for casual and hardcore players alike, IMO heres how that can be done:

1. Attempt to keep time spent vs value attained as equal as possible. Ways any hardcore player can ensure themselves a permanent 'time spent vs value attained' advantage should be limited. Bishop self leeching is the best example of this and should be made impossible. Holy symbol and the sale or gift of party leech however are fair game in my book as they encourage trade and class diversity.

Bishops are intended as a support class. Making extra cash, healing others, and grinding fastest is 'support'

Adding in the benefit of being able to level any character of your own faster than in any other way is OP, not support

2. Increase participation rate in the economy. I believe this is a main reason royals took off and legends hasn't. Maple story is a social game. The basis of why people log on because they have something to do. Once this is accomplished you begin to have others logging in simply because their friends are online. The sale of TP rocks and AP resets on royals ensured even smalltime casual players have a guaranteed way to participate in the economy, giving them another way to participate in the game. I'm not saying that has to be legends way of offering this. Voting/Gachapon is legends current way of attempting to offer this. But, gachapon is not guaranteed and only increased the economic participation rate of lucky players so it's been ineffective.

Do this by:
    -increase value of low level training rewards
    -make ap resets tradable
    -???? infinite solutions

3. Balance game and parties by rewarding larger parties and class diversity. How about a party EXP bonus based on how large your party is to combat 2 person leeching parties? And an even higher bonus awarded based on the parties class diversity (Mage, Thief, Bowman, Warrior, Pirate)? If that's possible it could be used to combat 2 person leeching parties and "ccplz"

• Like Like x 3