1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Wipe / Bishop Changes Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WEED_JESUS, Jul 23, 2016.

[SELECT ALL THAT APPLY] Hypothetically, what balance changes would you like to see made to bishops?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2016.
  1. Nerf Leech

32.9%
  2. Nerf/Ban Self-Leech/Multi-Clienting

28.8%
  3. Nerf Holy Symbol

19.2%
  4. Balance Holy Symbol to Encourage Larger Parties

57.5%
  5. Penalize Bishops for Using Elemental Wands (Nerf Luckless Bishops)

30.1%
  6. Other [Post about it]

5.5%
  7. None

23.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    10:44 AM
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Who said there was a line to begin with? There is no such concept in a game where the whole point is to level up.

If you are choosing to opt out of the fastest leveling mechanic available to all players equally, you are choosing a disservice to yourself out of free will and stubbornness.

2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    12:44 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    People don't get dealt the same hand of cards. At all. At. All.

3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    No, you're wrong. I am 100% sure that the only time any mobs spawn at all are on these 10 sec intervals. And I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

I'm not saying that if you start 1shotting mobs, you decrease the total number of possible monsters on the map. That's baloney. But what I am saying is that mobs only spawn on set 10-second intervals, and sometimes only so many mobs can spawn in one interval.

The way it works is there are multiple "nodes" throughout the map, where I believe two mobs can come from them at any given time. There's a set number of nodes, spread about multiple platforms, but never are there enough monsters on the map to fill up all nodes. When a monster dies, it later respawns on the next 10-second interval at a random node. This is why if you stay in one place on a big map and only kill the monsters on one platform, eventually their population disappears, but they then wind up spawning in other places. This is also a strategy you use to help make miner zombies spawn, by killing fly eyes, since a fly eye that is alive could be killed and might respawn as a zombie somewhere else.

When you say "sometimes the mobs will respawn 1-2 seconds later" it's because you happened to kill the monsters 1-2 seconds before the 10-second spawn interval. It's a constant interval, when mobs spawn regardless of when you kill those mobs.

So just to reiterate, when I say mobs only spawn on set 10-second intervals, and sometimes only so many mobs can spawn in one interval, the point is that once you have the power to 1shot 16 mobs on your screen, there's going to be a significant amount of time waiting or looking for more mobs to kill until the mobs respawn.

It's me and a bunch of other people who feel the same way who say there is a "line". That is, a way maplestory should be played. A way that is more fun, a way that is more rewarding, a way that encourages real diversity and achievement, a way that encourages more party play. Not this ppl2pass bullshit that passes for "playing smart and efficiently" by exploiting the same cheese as everyone else.

But if you think I am talking about an actual "line", you obviously don't get the concept of metaphors and analogies.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    9:44 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    You're missing the point, it seems. When you create a game and there is a flaw that allows people - to use your analogy - write everything on a computer when the designer's intention was to use pencil and paper, then stating the obvious that anyone can do it overlooks the fact that the game is broken and needs to be repaired.

5. moopmoop

moopmoop Brown Teddy

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    America's Hat
    MoopMoop
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    ITT: People with different priorities toss around ideas that only make sense if people share those priorities.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    I think you missed the point entirely.

The designer, in this case Neckson, designed the v62 game to work EXACTLY the way we play it. Your opinion on how it "should" be is not the intended design, its only your opinion about it. The designer gave you both choices aka they gave you a computer AND pen and paper and then told you you are free to choose.

You THINK the game is broken and needs repair, but its not broken at all from the game developers point of view. The game developer trumps the players opinion on how game mechanics should be.

In LATER versions of the game, classes were rebalanced / nerfed etc whatever you want to call it. Yes, they did eventually change. But if you want to play that version, then you need to get off of legends. We are not on that later version, we are on v62

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  7. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Just because you feel the game "should" be played a certain way does not mean that is how the game is intended to be played. You are a player, you did not design the game. Your feels for the game design cannot trump the original game design.

Thats why we choose to play on a private server that is meqnt to be played as the current version intended. If you dont like the design, then you find a server which is more aligned with what youre looking for.

You cant just walk into a dealership, decide to buy a small car, and then turn around to tell the manufacturer they designed it wrong because it should be big and 4 wheel drive and be able to haul a bunch of stuff.

Thats called a truck. You should buy a truck if thats what you were actually looking for. And yes, they do sell those as well. It doesnt mean they designed any one choice incorrectly.

Thats the same with maplestory classes. They are designed exactly the way they are intended to be played. If you chose one that is not as fun as the other, or as easy to play as others, well hey man that was your conscious decision knowing all opportu ities available to you, available equally to every player.

You have fun trying to off road in a small car, while all the other people do the same in a truck (obviously the smarter way to go about it). Even the people who dont like trucks would look at the situation and say "not very smart to off road in a small car, i probably shouldnt choose it".

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It's not really that simple, because obviously there are many things the developers "designed" that clearly were not designed properly. Like many weapons and equipments that are utterly useless. It is far more superior for mages to just go pure INT than put any points in luck for gear, so why the fuck even add it in then? WDEF and MDEF is another example of a stat that quickly becomes utterly useless. Or how about the gachapon and cash shop system in general? Clearly that was designed not for any addition of good content or better game balance, but to turn the whole game into a cash cow.

Oh hey, you know what else the designers did later? They nerfed ele wands so bishops couldn't benefit from them! Well, since they did that with clear intent to nerf bishops, maybe we should follow their example and do it too?? :p

But of course you'll say no, because this is the version we signed up for, and it's the one designers meant for us to play! (it isn't) And it's the perfect version and has no flaws! (it isn't) And we chose this! (who cares)

The designers aren't infallible, and not everything they do isn't perfect. So what happened is they inadvertently made something that was clearly an easy road. And almost everyone on this server took it. Somehow, there are still people who believe it isn't as easy as it looks, and that rather than anyone say anything about the imbalance, we should just delete our chars and do it too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    6:44 PM
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    Are we back at this shit again :eek:
    Those are the jobs, you wanna play? Play! Dont wanna play? Monkey on the car fuck off

• Like Like x 6
  10. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Again, your opinion on how things were not designed "properly" is your point of view on how things should or shouldnt't be.

You hit the nail on the head when you understand that we will always say this is the version we signed up for. It is in fact, the version we signed up for. If ele wands werent advantageous or pure INT mages were no longer a thing, it wouldnt be in this version. The people who play this version do so because it is in fact this version. Anything else would be a different version.

The design for this version of the game is as is. If you are looking for rebalanced classes, play the version when those rebalanced changes took place by Neckson.

Otherwise, accept that you are in v62.

It actually is that simple. You DID choose to play this version. You DID choose to not be a bishop (which would have been the smart move), and went FP/IL instead. The game mechanics ARE perfect for this particular version. The game DID change in LATER versions, you said this yourself. We ARE NOT a later version, nor should we strive to be. There are other ser ers for this.

Trying to change things, or make things "better" means you are deviating from the mechanics that actually are meant for this server to begin with.

If you want to play basketball, then get off the football field. Why you tryna put hoops up? The two concepts just dont mix man.

Also because "touch-dunk" sounds weird. Can you imagine???

Even though it would be weird, I still bring you this gem. Is this what you want?

super_slam_dunk_touchdown_0.jpg

11. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Yeah, so whats your point?

Make the best with the cards that you get.

A garbage hand can still win the pot if you play your opponent right.

Though technically, youre free to choose your own hand in this game.

So why purposely choose the garbage hand for yourself?

12. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Comparing this game to the game of life is incredibly wrong.

13. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    1:44 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Bishops are so shitty, can you rework Infinity so it's a buff with no cooldown?
    Also would love the idea of removing Mana Reflection and replacing it for some skill like Critical Genesis (50% passive crit chance on genesis) so that SE is actually useful for Bishops.
    Thank you for considering my suggestions.

• Like Like x 4
  14. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    So then just play the game as is. Forget all this whining about "i dont like the way this is" or "its not enjoyable for me".

It's a game, it's not life, if you aren't enjoying it, go play something else. Dont try to ruin it for people who like it just the way it is.

Your argument above is a double edged sword bruh.

15. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Grats on that bishop gon! Now leech me pls ;) and make it rain mesos

• Like Like x 1
  16. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Oh and dont forget to self leech your 2nd char, which will be super easy to get to a high level and also super strong because all that low cost bishop leeching and that you will have mad mesos to use on gear for the 2nd main ;) #howtowinatmaplelegends

17. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I am playing the game as it is. You can keep this "whining" that you speak of to yourself and whoever. I am enjoying it, I will not play anything else, and I am not trying to ruin it for anyone. Unless you would like to provide some sort or reason behind your dismissive suggestions, I will assume by definition that they are hallucinations and would explain your assertion that any hand of life cards can lead one to the position of medical surgeon.
    Good day!

18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    bbokkobbokko

The fact that there are "garbage hands" you can pick is proof alone that the game is not perfect, contrary to what you say. It is a total load of bullcrap to say it is.

Considering that bishops dominate the rankings, and even though they have terrible dps for bosses, they are still highly desired for boss runs: no. They're powerful enough as it is.

19. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    http://i570.***/albums/ss141/nataliya_carlson/The_Sarcasm_Misunderstanding_by_ThePlotThinnens_zpsa65f7933.jpg

20. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Man this thread never fails to make me laugh, it's so funny to see people poitnlessly argue about hs and leech, I mean we've had like 5 threads like this since the beginning of the server with basically the same arguments over and over, just different people talking.
    Don't you guys understand by now how pointless it is? OnionDead

• Like Like x 3