1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Prevent GM buffs from being overwritten by normal buffs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by geospiza, Jul 10, 2020.

1. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    7:08 PM
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    When the occasional GM buff rolls around, I have to be careful not to Hyper Body myself. When I hit the HB key out of habit, my buff overwrites the GM buff which has a significantly shorter timer. I've seen this happen in a party, too.

I'm not sure if this occurs with the other skills (bless, haste, etc), but it would be nice to modify GM buffs to have priority until the timer is less or equal to normal buff's timer.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. OP
    OP
    geospiza

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    Today was full of socially distanced party grinding after I HB'ed right after GM buffs. Muscle memory is hard to beat.

3. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    4:08 AM
    Beginner
    I would just remove the skill from the keyboard. But yeah, that would be a nice change.

4. OP
    OP
    geospiza

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    It completely slipped my mind, but thankfully my party didn't catch it. They suggested the same thing of removing it from the keyboard. Definitely a good idea.

5. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    10:08 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    better to just change it but see you next year when it happens. just look at the number of suggestions here

6. Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    4:08 AM
    +1

I have made this mistake so many times with HB and HS. :(

7. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I think the encoding hasn't been mastered yet. The buffs based on the amount of W.Att, M.Att, Accuracy, Avoid, Speed, and Jump can all have a "if x>y, then ignore y" but that's difficult to do with HB and HS because the only thing about them you can compare is the time they take to dissipate. If the coders can crack that one, then your suggestion should be integrated on the next restart.

8. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    You do know that highest buff doesn't get over written, in other words we weaker players have a set duration of a skill for example Player Haste gives a 200 second time frame while GM Haste gives a 30 minute time frame GM Haste being the highest duration buff it doesn't get over written.

Sauce: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/new-feature-smart-buff-system.24503/

If you're experiencing a buff getting over written it should be a bug then, because if I HS myself or use Haste on my Assassin the GM buff doesn't go away, its still there.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    10:08 PM
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    If you read the next few posts in that thread, you'll see Shot explaining why regular HB overwrites GM HB:

"Reminder that any buffs that do not affect your primary stat (weapon attack, magic attack, defense, speed, etc...) is not affected by this change, which means which ever skill you recently cast gets applied instead (ex. you casting hb on top of gm hb will cancel out the gm buff, giving you a regular time for hb instead)"

I think GM Haste is preserved since it's a speed stat buff but HB and HS can get overwritten. It would be nice if they got the same treatment. For now, all we can do is remember to unbind and hope this gets implemented one day.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Hmm, I'm not sure why mine doesn't get over written.. but alright :D
    Thanks for that info on that I only read the OP comment