1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Proletariat's Guide to Low Base INT MP Washing

Discussion in 'Guides' started by yogurtseller, Jul 9, 2020.

1. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    11:57 AM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Greetings fellow comrades. You must be here because you're interested in overthrowing the bishop bourgeoisie with me. Welcome.

HP washing requires having excess MP on your character, and MP washing is one way of generating this excess MP. When you add fresh AP to your character's MP stat, you gain an excess amount of MP based on how much base INT you have. When you reset this AP point from MP to any other stat, the excess MP remains and can be used for washing.

The formula for how much excess MP you acquire per MP wash is given by:
    Excess MP = (Base INT/10) - 2, and is rounded down to the nearest whole number.

Example:
    Lets say we have a level 60 gunslinger with 120 base INT and no fresh AP points.

This gunslinger levels to 61 and now has 5 fresh AP points to allocate. The gunslinger adds 4 fresh AP to DEX, 1 AP to MP, and promptly uses an AP reset to reset 1 point from MP to DEX. The gunslinger now has an extra 10 MP from one completed MP wash.

Looking at the formula,
    Excess MP = (Base INT/10) - 2
    Excess MP = (120/10) - 2
    Excess MP = 10

In this scenario, the gunslinger MP washed only one point to gain an extra 10 MP. This isn't quite enough for one wash. If the gunslinger were to MP wash all 5 fresh AP points, the net result would be an excess MP gain of 50 MP, enough for a couple of washes.

Note that MP washing can be done with any base INT equal to or greater than 30. Shown in the calculator, MP washing becomes more NX efficient when you have higher base INT. MP washing with low base INT has its utility, such as level 170+ end game characters MP washing with 40 base INT to milk any possible gains.

Purpose:
    1. Show the feasibility of washing to a midrange HP (~10k HP) with a low amount of base INT (<120 base INT) whilst grinding and not relying on leech.

2. Show that washing with stale AP isn't that bad compared to fresh AP

Method:
    Calculator located here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q8JwVF1exXj-dwPmBoXllAvFRZ4DwJdA2bIcGLWWYf0/edit?usp=sharing

You will be able to edit and use the calculator using just the link. Feel free to vandalize the rest of the spreadsheet. I recommend you create a working copy for yourself though.

Assumptions:
    I made simple assumptions to make it user friendly, and to simplify the calculations made. Listed in the spreadsheet, I'm assuming that all your base INT will be added by level 30, and all your INT equips will be worn starting from level 30. This means that the calculator provides an overestimate of what MP and NX you'll need.

Usage:
    If you're using this calculator, the numbers you want to pay attention to are the total amount of HP and MP washes you need to do. If you put in an unrealistic goal (e.g. 10k HP at level 35), red cells will pop up and you will need to lower your expectations.

Stale washing will be used to hit 8k HP (10k HP with BIS equips)

Generating Enough Excess MP
    1. Add base INT to 120 by level 30.
    2. From level 30 to 108, train normally and add all AP into DEX until level 108.
    3. 203 MP washes are needed. MP wash all AP from lvl 109-150. Even if you don't have enough AP resets or NX on hand, add it in MP and bloodwash the MP. Reset the MP out and into DEX as you get vote NX.
    4. AP reset your 120 INT into DEX (will be at 4 base INT and full power here)
    Cost: 318 AP resets; 159 days of voting to reach full power and have enough MP to stale wash to 8k HP. This is 5.3 months of voting.

HP Washing
    5. Use AP resets to stale HP wash 1 AP point over and over again as you get NX. Stale HP washing can be done at any level; even level 200.
    Cost: 289 AP resets; 144 days of voting to reach full 8k HP. This is 4.8 months.

Note that the character will be playable and grindable throughout the entire process. You do not need to wait to use level up AP to wash with this method. You also do not need to wait and bank NX to start your character. Levels will get slower as you get to high levels and your vote NX (and event sourced AP resets) will be rolling in steadily.

[​IMG]

Some parts of the calculator will still be applicable to you. Fill in all of the green boxes, and look at your class. The key numbers to pay attention to are:

Amount of HP washes needed
    Amount of MP washes needed

Pump up your base INT to what you put into the calculator, and perform the required amount of HP and MP washes. Make sure you have enough fresh AP before hitting your goal level to accomplish both HP and MP washing.

Acknowledgements:

Numbers are from
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/hp-washing-guide.3409/
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/a-buccaneers-field-guide-2020.34735/ for bucc numbers

Thanks to that AlyoshaAlyosha guy for giving me some numbers :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Greetings fellow comrades. You must be here because you're interested in overthrowing the bishop bourgeoisie with me. Welcome.

This = instant like.

Law you should make the spreadsheet locked and have people make a copy of it so that some bad person can't come along and ruin your spreadsheet for everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    I did lock all of the important bits and will definitely lock the entire spreadsheet if it gets memed on too much, but I dislike forcing everyone to create a copy because not everyone has a google account :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    2:57 PM
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    This is great, thanks for doing this! I think you might want to add in the NX cost for the total HP washes you need to do as well for the Total NX row, but other than that it looks good

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    7:57 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    You have my support comrade!
    Down with the Mage ruling class!
    15797862146057946275886026520453.png

6. OP
    OP
    yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Added a sample application example to the original post to show a hypothetical path to 10k HP :)

7. Nedarb

Nedarb King Slime

Apr 5, 2020
    Male
    3:57 PM
    Nedarb
    Beginner
    Can you really grind with 120 base INT? Wouldn't you be super weak? Your EPH would be super slow, right? Or am I missing something?

Sorry if these are amateur questions, I'm just trying to understand your nice guide. :)

8. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Homies
    It's definitely not ideal, but at the low level you can get that base int, your main source of experience will probably be from questing/PQing (probably till at least like lvl 55), so it isn't that big of a deal. Then as you level up more, while you won't be able to hit as hard as those not washing, you will still be able to grind.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Nedarb

Nedarb King Slime

Apr 5, 2020
    Male
    Nedarb
    Beginner
    Cool! Thanks for your help.

10. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    8:57 PM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    How does stale hp washing work? What does it mean, and how do I do it?

11. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Homies
    Stale HP washing is when you use an AP reset to take points out of 1 stat, and put them into HP. Usually, you take 1 out of MP and place it into HP. To do this you must first put 1 extra point into either MP or HP, and then you can take from MP and put into HP as many times as you want until you reach your minimum MP.

For the most part, you will gain LESS HP per stale wash than if you used a FRESH AP, which is one of the 5 AP points you get when you level up. It should never be done for warriors or buccs as they have a +HP skill that gives them more HP that ONLY fresh AP takes into account, and should usually be avoided with almost all other classes but it is still viable as this spreadsheet shows. Corsairs are the only exception to this, as they receive the same amount of HP regardless of the type of wash, so it does not matter for them.

So all in all:
    +1 point into MP/HP
    Use an AP reset: -MP -> +HP

• Like Like x 1
  12. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    2:57 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    So stale hp washing takes 2 AP reset? And stale washing is also the proccess of reseting those base INT you added?
    One for INT -> HP
    One for MP -> main stats

13. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    How am I doing so far comrade?

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.10.15 PM.png

Yep!
    Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.10.23 PM.png

PQers would actually not invite you to the party due to the lack of damage, so if you want you should go with friends its the best to enter PQs.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    8:57 PM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Thanks! So I'm guessing it tricks the game into allowing you to reset from your MP because you have an AP point placed into hp? (Assuming I have more mp than the minimum mp, ofc)

15. Fraija1

Fraija1 Master Chronos

Jul 29, 2017
    Female
    Argentina
    CherryKiss
    Spearman
    -
    Well i dont know if this calculator can help me i start doing the washes at lvl 60 and i am a Hunter (right now i am lvl 69).

A guy are guiding my BF with all of this things and we drop all our "extra" points we have (he in dex me in str) to put it in INT so right now we have if im not mistaken like 70 points in Base INT

We dont know how much base int we need to put so we can have a reliable ammount of washes so i can get a decent ammount of Hp so i can be of use in the bossing scene...

We right now are washing MP only so i want to ask...

How many Base INT we need to put so we can wash all of our Fresh's AP's? (me Hunter he Brawl)

Can i be able to perform against all the bosses when i can do it?

My Int gear right now are 25 int zak helm 9 int emerald earrings 9 int raccon mask 6 int yellow ragged cape 7 int yellow work gloves 5 int club 17 int bathrobe and 5 int deputy...

Can the brotherhood help me? Q_Q

16. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Homies
    Sorry I didn’t specify that, you only need to have 1 extra point put into MP/HP TOTAL, so that could just be a single fresh AP that you reset out at a later time. HP/MP act as a single stat, so if you put a point into one, you can take that SAME point out of the other. So when you only go from MP to HP, you are never actually taking that point out so you can do it as many times as you want. So stale washing takes:
    Number of times you need to HP wash + 1 AP resets

exactly!

17. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    2:57 AM
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Like! Personally had only 65 base INT all the way to Lv. 16X and never had to leech/buy leech to enjoy the levelling process of my NL from 0-200.
    Sadly washed it out early back in late-2017 when HP requirement wasn't so high (no Toad, no CWK, no Neotokyo, HT only required 7.8k after HB).

I have 9.6k HP now without event rings at Lv. 200 with HP gear (9.8k with event rings), but could've easily hit 10k if I didn't wash out early.
    Tried to hit 10k with Blackfist cape but... spent too much mesos trying to scroll a good one... just too much....
    Gave up on that since 10k vs 9.6k doesn't affect survivability whatsoever/break next HP milestone.

But definitely agree on this guide that sweaty INT-lord-ing is not necessary to enjoy all the contents of the game.

7678 mw20 alone.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BigPiPi

BigPiPi Mano

Jan 5, 2021
    Male
    9:57 PM
    BigPipi
    Gunslinger
    small brain here should i just raise int from now on lvl 47 starting to wash

19. OP
    OP
    yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Yes.

For anyone that is reading this guide and is over level 30:
    The # HP washes and # MP washes is still applicable, but the # MP washes per level is no longer accurate for your situation.

20. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    All HP/MP washing guides on the forums here are great but the one that I used was this one

https://4305s.ucoz.com/publ/fleyx_hp_washing_guide_double_triple_washing/1-1-0-13

I have 260 base int on my Night Lord and currently have
    HP 10317 / 10317 (9045)
    MP 6426 / 6426 (5525)

What I'm doing is adding all my AP in MP then resetting it all into my main stat then resetting my MP into HP with the extra MP that I have provided, infinitely.