1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quest Ring? :0

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bambo, Feb 26, 2019.

Should there be a Quest Item ring too? Tell me the reason!

1. YAS!!!!!!

110 vote(s)
    86.6%
  2. NO:(

17 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    9:58 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    Monster Book Ring, Ellin Ring, and then two slots left should be for a Wedding Ring, and either a Cosmetic or an Event ring that expires. The rings category is going to become too crowded. This is where I believe a new category should be created if we go any further.

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Although the valentine ring expires, it lasts for a year, so I feel like you could treat it as a permanent equip (since you can just renew it each year and basically always have it on your character). So, basically we have 3 rings slots taken, 1 slot free (since im guessing wedding ring only gives defense which isn't too impactful.

3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:58 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Higher level players are also going to be able to kill pink bean a lot sooner than brand new players. I guess that's just too unfair and we should never add pink bean then?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    5:58 PM
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    Why am I quoted here? I only stated the fact that the "shoot up" for t10 in high lvls is not as immediate as was described. Never said anything bad about it :)

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Let's just say I'm agreeing with you. :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    12:58 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    The only solution I see is to break up all couples so nobody needs to use Wedding Ring. Then we will have a free slot for quest ring. I mean, I think this fits Valentines theme.

On a more serious note, is it possible a quest completion can increase HP/MP just like job advancements? If so, we can have "upgrade quests" for every 100 quest completions or something like that.

7. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Going so far as to increase a player's base max HP feels way too custom, and more importantly, doesn't give you any real way of showing off how many quests you've completed.

8. Precel

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Agreed. Seems like the only option left is killing all couples. :heartbreak:

9. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    Bandit
    Beaters
    You can just take off the wedding ring and use some cute nx ring instead to be able to use a more functional one :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Precel

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    That's logical, but can we still break up couples? :cry:

11. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I'm not sure it's good to be continually adding more and more HP equips for the classes that lack HP. The CWKPQ update gave us MoN's for another 300 HP and pet HP scrolls for ~100 more HP. Last year there was the Monster Book Ring for 1,000 and The Ellin Ring for like 50? 100? Can't recall. When is it going to be enough? At this point more HP feels more like yet another buff to Night Lords and Bowmasters, and they're already two of the strongest classes in the game. Should we really take away their one and only weakness? It's tough that some people didn't wash, but with what we have now there's a good chance a NL can still kill HT at 160 or 165 even if they underwash and add int later on if they have a couple HP equips(eye, cape, bottomwear) and the the other equips mentioned. Not every Night Lord should be able to kill Toad and Pink Bean and all of that though. Honestly I kind of feel that we've gone too far already with the pet HP and MoN's anyways. A 10 attack MoN pretty well doubles the HTP's boost to the range and adds 300 hp, it kind of seems broken even in its nerfed version.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    You're saying that these two classes, Night Lords and Bowmasters, should be gated behind heavy washing just because they're too strong? I understand that these classes should naturally have lower max HP than, say, Warriors, but not even being able to attempt a boss because you lack the max HP to tank a hit is not a legitimate character weakness (aside from bosses like Toad, obviously). It's this type of mentality that encourages players to, instead of playing the class that actually interests them, make a Bishop/Mage mule and spend hour after hour leeching so that they might someday have a chance of playing their preferred job.

Secondly, it's not like the Quest Ring would be an equip that any player could acquire instantly with zero effort. Monster Book has been out for almost a year now, yet only ~160 players have achieved a Tier 10 ring (1500 cards). It's an endeavor that requires a lot of grinding and dedication.

You seem to be looking at this issue from an extreme endgame perspective, so I want you to tell me which of these is more meaningful to you:

Gaining extra stats by exploring the world, visiting many unique locations, and experiencing content that makes up a huge part of the game,
    OR...
    Gaining extra stats by increasing your INT as much as possible on a non-mage character in order to take advantage of an arbitrary quirk that was never meant to be a part of the game to begin with?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  13. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Basically this is how the Monster ring rewards players and how it should be rewarded imo. As a quester i hate to see ppl being like "ugh, i need to lvl fast my mule" and im like "have you even tried low lvl quests?". Stuff like that. I know that everyone tends to play different their games, OBVIOUSLY everyone enjoys different things, but lets be real that brainless hardcore players that only want to follow A-B-C steps that the 70% of the ppl follows don't last long here anyways.

So i think this is a really vallid point in terms of giving value to quests. Basically, playing the things that MAKE the game (there is life besides leeching from 1-200 and killing HT in the middle btw)

That comments sums up basically how i see a fair reward. (and if ppl stopped to read the quests and their story, that would be better, tey will learn, but i can't ask for impossible stuff)

PS: Even a reward being added or not, im just defending quests by their value. #QuestLivesMatter #OneTimeUseNPCsFTW

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Where did I say NLs and BMs should be gated behind washing? All I said was that there are means to accomplish a decent pool of HP without HP washing already. But the current level of HP you can get from gear is never quite enough, no matter what gets added. They just added 400 more HP to anyone who needs it and people are still complaining about not having enough.

When will people be happy? Being able to get 7k base HP by 200? Well, you can't do Pink Bean then, so perhaps it should be 8k-9k. Well, in doing that you've just given the NLs/BMs who washed heavily a nice solid 12-13k base HP pool. In which case nobody should really have bothered to make any other class because these heavily washed characters are just that insanely broken and unkillable.

These heavily washed people aren't gated to just leeching. They can also experience the content and the hunting, and I'm sure a lot of them enjoy it too. And they get the same buff that everyone else gets along with their washing.

It's all work either way. I can't tell you what is more meaningful to do because those are subjective and personal notions and there really isn't a right answer to enjoyment. But if you want to buff people who didn't wash, then frame it in such a way that doesn't give the people who did wash an ever-increasing advantage over literally every other character type.

Edit: lol I forgot the Blackfoot Cloak or whatever it's called has 300 hp along with its significant attack stat and slots. Cwkpq patch added 700 more HP for people to get.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    Bandit
    Beaters
    Why would you wanna break up couples? OnionF5

16. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    6:58 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    why not reward heavily washed ppl?. its harder to level up with high base int. and if im not wrong they will still need hb for some of pb attacks.

i think everyone should be able to enjoy end game content. (washers and ppl who play normaly)

17. Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Because making a couple classes significantly better than all the rest by getting rid of any of their weaknesses is not balanced content. No one class should excel at everything and the constant buffs to hp shouldn't happen just because everyone on the forums continuously complain and want to be spoonfed large amounts of hp while ignoring the 700 new hp that was literally added last patch.

18. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    6:58 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    i see it like this:
    ranged-dps on one target
    mages-dps on mobs (can get messos/exp/items faster)
    warriors-the balance between.
    so the extra hp only help in boss runs.its not making them too good like you say.
    im not sure how many players got 12k anyway.
    i think if you do add those items. a lot of players will stop washing so much(its hard and not fun). and it will balance itself.
    i think most players want to focus on just one class. so it will draw more people to the server. (we need to keep the server wash optional).i wonder how many got to high level and quited cuz they didnt wash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Precel

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I think you have a good point there. Having HP wash optional server is one thing, but having too many HP equips can inflate HP too much.

I wouldn't say NL and BM will be buffed with large HP pool, especially since every class gets HP. Rather, warriors will be nerfed because of one of the reasons of choosing warrior is large HP pool, but that becomes meaningless with so many HP equips.

30k HP limit plays a factor here too. each time HP equip gets added, the limit gets smaller and smaller, effectively reducing the gap between classes and therefore affecting balance.

The thing is, because ML is an old server, balance patches need to look at both new and old players. Any balancing toward HP washing is hard to do because
    1. HP Washing wasn't even supposed to be part of the game
    2. we're trying to reduce HP washing (but for reasons you stated, it's hard to balance)
    3. there are already people who washed (or can wash)
    4. HP washing is OP in late game, but worth nothing in early game
    This is the problem. We need to somehow increase HP for everyone so that everyone can attempt bosses, but not enough where everyone easily reaches 30k or even 12k HP, yet keeping the class balance, plus keeping extreme-late game balance and late game balance.

- - - - -

One thing that comes to mind is class specific rings instead of general rings, so mages would get least HP but more MP, warriors get most HP but less MP, and so on. I don't know how plausible this is though.

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    Bandit
    Beaters
    That's actually is a very interesting idea, since we have many items that are class-specific. It might be a pain to make and will probably make some people pretty angry (why this class gets hp and my class doesn't, I need it too!) but it could be very interesting application.
    Making the same design for an item and creating few versions to be class-specific with specific attributes that each class might need.
    I really like this idea!