1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quest Sanctuary

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwop, Jan 27, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    8:53 PM
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

To get married in MapleLegends, you have to collect Proof of Love from Nana. Nana is a "Love Fairy" who will give you Proof of Love in exchange for ETC items. That's also mentioned in the guide for Weddings.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The only differences between each Nana is in their hair color and dress color; everything else remains the same. She's always been the person to visit in GMS for this reason because, as I mentioned before, in other server regions (i.e. KMS), you'd instead visit other NPCs in different towns to get the same item.

[​IMG]

Recently, I had wanted to have two of my characters get married. That hasn't happened yet — and I'm not sure when it will. Although, it did make me think about weddings as a whole and the role that Amoria has as a "wedding village".

[​IMG]

Amoria has been in GMS since v0.32. It's considered an "OG" area. Outside of weddings, it's a place for you to visit to do regular quests. "Love" is the running theme in all of their quests; for example, you'd most likely have been asked to deliver a letter for two people who are in love. Other quests might direct you to visit other areas (e.g. The Sakura Garden.)

[​IMG]

Claudia is also here. She mostly gives new players a chance to change their hair. The end result often draws mixed reactions; sometimes it's "good", but more often than not, most of it is either "average" or just "bad". In my opinion, I feel indifferent to what she does to my character's hair. I'm actually more put off by her confidence. She gives an impression that she can do a good job, and she just doesn't deliver on that. But in saying that, I sometimes think of wanting a "redemption arc" made just for her.

Anyway, what I'm trying to get to is that, after thinking about Amoria, I've come to realise there are many things I still don't get about it. As a town, I'm meant to feel that this is a "wedding village". I mean, technically, it is, because you can get married here. You can also do the Amorian Challenge — a PQ for couples at Level 40 — by going to Amos's Training Ground. Some definitely would see this as being a great source of fun.

There are good intentions in having the town center around the keyword of "love". I don't know. Ironically, that doesn't feel that way to me. Here, I mostly see weddings as a means to an end; namely, to gain entry for the Amorian Challenge. I just find the whole idea of Amoria being a "wedding village" to be unnatural. It doesn't feel fleshed out to me, especially seeing many of the mobs here, since they're either taken from Victoria Island, or just recolored variants of the original mobs (e.g. Geist Balrog). Some also don't have a proper drop table (e.g. Crystal Boar).

Personally, while I appreciate the Proof of Love subquests, I find them to be overly ambitious. Surely, there are other ways to show that you are "in love"? The rings are also really pricey.

I support the idea that everyone in the game could get married. At the very least, I don't think it should be limited only for those who are either off-island or at level 10. I also don't believe it has to necessarily and strictly take place in Amoria, but I leave that conversation for another time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    3:53 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    There's Arwen's Glass Shoe and Glass Shoe. They are different items and drop from different mobs. Glass Shoe is from Thai MS I believe. You can do the quest that uses it on Legends. IMO these items should be consolidated into a single item for the sake of clarity.

3. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    I guess it re-iterates the point that it'd be desirable to have some quests reorganised; and yes, the Glass Shoes can be one of those examples.

[​IMG]

Speaking of this particular quest, I noticed that, at one point, you're rewarded with Fonla's Slippers. The item has been named as such, but I'm thinking that if it's only rewarded here, wouldn't it make more sense to have it named Ponlaa's Slippers instead? I'm thinking that that's an oversight, but I also could be wrong about it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

At level 30, if you go to Eos Tower 93rd Floor, you can talk to Lost Soldier to do a repeatable quest to get more Eos Rock Scroll: The Lost Guard.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Although, most players would probably rather go to Roly-Poly 10 at Eos Tower 3rd Floor to do Disgruntled Roly-Poly Worker instead. You will get the same amount of Eos Rock Scroll, but for doing much less; that is, you're asked only to hunt Black Ratz and collect 5 of their ETC items.

The objective of the quest is to help Lost Soldier get to Eos Tower 59th Floor. Although I'm surprised he wants to move to another dangerous map, but not to a safe map (i.e. no monsters); especially one that is closer to where he currently is (e.g. Eos Tower 76th ~ 90th Floor).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Although, he is right about one thing: the fact you will encounter Chirppy and Propelly on the way to moving to the 59th floor. So, collecting their ETC items makes sense: Worn-Out Goggle and Motor respectively.

[​IMG]

I think a few ways exist that can make this quest more attractive. One way could be to decrease the item requirements; that is, to collect only one ETC item (e.g. Worn-Out Goggle) and have a kill counter for Chirppy. The second way could be to keep the requirements as is, but add a kill counter for Chirppy and Propelly, and add an additional reward (e.g. EXP). Personally, I prefer changing it to the first way; because no matter how much EXP you offer to give, it's just much faster and easier to do Roly-Poly 10's quest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

Porter's Challenge is a quest you can start at Level 50. The objective of this quest is to help Porter to gather materials. He says:

I assume when he says "I'll make you a rock" that he is talking either about the Star Rock or Moon Rock. It would make sense in this context for it to be that, because some weapons and armor do require this item. And so, naturally, I'd expect for him to give me this as a reward.

[​IMG]

This quest is a bit strange in terms of the way it is organised. It feels like a draft for something else (e.g. a crafting function).

I assumed Porter's Challenge would be organised in a similar way to The Ore of Dark Crystal; in that quest, General Maestro asks you to collect Dull Crystal from Drum Bunny. Or, alternatively, there'd be a map (e.g. a long and empty room) which you could visit to get those items.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Jane and the Wild Boar and Pia and the Blue Mushroom are identical in the way that they have been designed.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Both quests ask for specific ETC items, and they reward scrolls. They also explain to you how scrolling works. The basic premise of their quests are as follows:

• Jane wants to travel but she has otherwise lived a sheltered life. Her dad is not convinced that she can manage herself. So, she believes that getting those ETC items can help her, so as to persuade him that she can.
    • On the way to Ellinia, Pia faces issues with a Blue Mushroom. She wants you to eliminate them and to bring back its ETC item as "evidence".

Speaking of which, these are the items of interest for the requests:

• Jane and the Wild Boar: Wild Boar Tooth [​IMG]
    • Pia and the Blue Mushroom: Blue Mushroom Cap [​IMG]

Alongside those items, you're asked also to collect other items:
    • Jane and the Wild Boar: Horny Mushroom Cap [​IMG]
    • Pia and the Blue Mushroom: Green Mushroom Cap [​IMG]

I do not understand why these additional items are needed for the tasks at hand. It is not clear why they are needed. It's likely there isn't any good reason to need them anyway, which is probably why I settle on the position that they should be delisted from the requirements altogether.

It was also previously justified that the level requirement for Jane and the Wild Boar would be left unchanged. The reason for this was because the quest was originally made to start at Level 30, even though the level requirement was lowered to 25, two years later. It makes sense to keep it unchanged, if it's to keep things strictly in tradition. But, personally, I think GMS were right in their decision to match the quest level requirement to the level of the mob (i.e. Wild Boar). I'd even argue that it should be lowered to 20, so it can be done along with Pia's quest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Collecting Huckle's Magic Ingredients is the only repeatable quest in MapleStory that rewards you with Orbis Rock Scroll.

I feel it is an oversight that the quest asks for Jr. Sentinel Shellpiece, instead of Sentinel Shellpiece; and for 45, instead of 20.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The quests that ask for Jr. Pepe's Fish (Food-Hunting for Moppie), Mateon's Tentacle (The Antidote), and Cursed Doll (Rowen the Fairy and the Cursed Dolls) share one thing in common; and that is, that they all ask for it in large amounts.

The quests are designed to be non-repeatable. I see them, however, as "repeatable". To me, they are effectively exchange quests but with caps imposed upon them. What you are asked to do is mostly iterative: that is, you collect the same item and turn it in to the same NPC for a different set of rewards.

Some general information:

• The Antidote gives you 27,500 EXP (base). At level 40, that's a little over 28%. I think that amount is fair.
    • Rowen the Fairy and the Cursed Dolls gives you 70,000 EXP (base). At level 35, that's over 120%. That's great.
    • Food-Hunting for Moppie gives 15,000 EXP (base). At level 30, that's over 47%, which is good.

Personally, I would've designed the quests to be less tedious. For instance, I would use only the first quest that appears in all of them (i.e. collect 100 ETC items), thereby escaping the need to collect that many items. I would also assign the following EXP values.

• The Antidote - 35,000 EXP (base). At level 40, that's a little over 35%; a slight increase.
    • Rowen the Fairy and the Cursed Dolls - 30,000 EXP (base). At level 35, that's over 51%; a substantial decrease.
    • Food-Hunting for Moppie - 15,000 EXP (base). At level 30, that's over 47%; same as before.

A lot of what is said is often repeated, and it makes for a dry read. And so, I would reorganise the content. I'm also fine with the quests giving only EXP since many of the rewards are not unique anyway. Fame can be always reallocated to any other quest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

Florina Beach is a special theme dungeon; the first one of its kind to be introduced to MapleStory. It was originally designed to be a small area. However, quests were eventually added for characters over level 35 in a later update (in KMS).

There are really only two stories in this area: Special Taste of Florina Beach and Defeat King Clang. Each quest contains within them a set of small, structured tasks, and which involve killing or gathering ETC items from the monsters.

The basic objective for Special Taste of Florina Beach is to work for Riel and to help her to serve customers. You are asked to go around Florina Beach, collect some items, and then return to her for rewards. On the other hand, Defeat King Clang is about fighting the boss, but by first deciding whom to use as a "sacrifice".

In this post, I talk about the first quest: Special Taste of Florina Beach.

. . .

[​IMG]

I think Special Taste of Florina Beach could benefit if changes were made to the narrative and its requirements. I give an example as to how I personally would organise it, and share my reasons for it below.

Welcome to Florina Beach
    NPC: Pison / Pason

Making Coconut Juice
    NPC: Pupa

Special Taste of Florina Beach

Valen's New Recipe
    NPC: Valen

The first change I'd make is to involve more NPCs, and not just Riel. I think it is better for them to "share" the load, because that way, you can do them all simultaneously, rather than doing it one at a time.

The second change would be to decrease tediousness. I feel there are no good reasons to make anyone hunt for the same items again. Aside from it being time-consuming, I also think it's not fun.

The last change is to make slight changes to the quest names. Since you're already told why you need those items in the first place, it would become more meaningful to also have that reason written into the title.

I believe most of the extant problems for this particular quest have more to do with its execution. Simple changes as these would allow all of the ETC items from this area to be made relevant. And ultimately, I believe it would give a more enjoyable experience for anyone here.

[​IMG]

I think Pupa should also be moved to Florina Beach since she sells Coconut Juice. I think she'd be more appreciated here than where she is currently: Nautilus Harbor. Moreover, I think it would take away needing to gather an excessive amount of coconuts just to "make Coconut Juice".

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

John, Sabitrama, and Shumi ask for items that you get from doing a jump quest. I've previously shared my thoughts briefly about Shumi, so I will talk in this post about John and Sabitrama instead.

John offers three quests, and asks you to get these items for him:

Sabitrama offers two quests, and asks you to get these items for him:

Each quest requires you to complete two or three stages. The JQ maps are named in a similar way: "Forest of Patience" (Ellinia) and "Deep Forest of Patience" (Sleepywood). There are two NPCs that let you in to these maps: Shane (Ellinia), and Mysterious Statue (Sleepywood). Both serve the same function (i.e. to warp you in to the maps), but only Shane will charge you mesos for entry: 5,000 mesos.

You could only complete the quests once, but still be able to access the map after having done the quests. So in a sense, the quest is "repeatable" in terms of getting rewards (i.e. ores). However, these rewards are currently disabled, at least until further notice.

. . .

If you're a player who has joined the Sleepywood-locked challenge, you won't be able to do these quests. That is because you can't go to Lith Harbor to talk to John, and you can't go to Ellinia to get what Sabitrama wants. I see that as a problem.

One way to resolve this is to switch the locations of the maps. That is, John's quests would be in Ellinia, and Sabitrama's quests in Sleepywood. It means their maps would also have to be renamed and retiled. This would be an improvement for those are in Sleepywood and who want to complete Sabitrama's quests, but can't because of their map restrictions. John's would remain inaccessible, but having one is better than none.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

Winston offers three quests based at the Excavation Site: Planting Trees, Shawn the Excavator's Request, and Eliminate Monsters from the Site.

Winston's first quest, Planting Trees, is a story about him saying that he had noticed Perion's landscape changing (i.e. "rapidly deteriorating"). One way that he thinks the area can recover from the damage it has sustained — so as to return to "its previous, glorious days" — is to plant seedlings. He hopes that by doing this, one day, those seedlings will grow tall enough to become trees.

In Shawn the Excavator's Request, Winston mentions that Shawn, who works at the Excavation Site, has reached out to him for help about the situation of the monsters that lurk around the Excavation Site. Winston says he wants you to meet Shawn, but first asks you to help him to "scientifically study the origin of the monster" (i.e. Wooden Mask, Rocky Mask). Then, after helping Winston with his research, you then eliminate those two mobs in Eliminate Monsters from the Site for Winston.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

All three quests require you to gather all of the monsters' ETC items, namely Seedling, Wooden Board, and Slate. Thankfully for only one quest, at most, you only need to have 54 of those items; the rest ask for only 5. It's a reasonable amount, but I will say that 5 does feel kind of low.

From doing these quests, you are rewarded with Red Potions and EXP:

. . .

Winston should not be the NPC to start all three quests. We were told that we would meet Shawn, and that doesn't happen. So why name the quest then to "Shawn the Excavator's Request"?

Winston shouldn't need 54 Seedlings in Planting Trees. 54 is a strange amount. I personally would've lowered it to 50, or go as low as 20.

For the other two quests, I would've lowered the quest level requirement to 20. I also don't get why you need to eliminate 200 Wooden Mask or 300 Rocky Mask. That's a lot. It's two to three times more than what you have to kill just to complete the DANGER quests (i.e. 99).

Personally, I would re-organise the content of the quests. Specifically, I would have Winston offer Planting Trees but let Shawn do the other two quests. It'd still make sense for Shawn to say that he was the one who wanted to do the research.

[​IMG]

A side note: Stumpy's Seedling is an unused item. It could be asked for in a new quest. For example, Winston could ask for it after players complete Planting Trees and The Old Tree. It would add value to the goals that he first mentioned in Planting Trees.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Alex the Runaway Kid starts at Level 20. The quest explores the relationship that Chief Stan has with his son, Alex. Alex wants to go home, but he is afraid that his father will not treat him kindly if he does goes back.

[​IMG]

The main object of interest in this quest is the Old Gold Watch, which is "an article left by Alex's late mother." Chief Stan has since held this item in his possession. He will give it to players, but only until you collect various items for him (i.e. Pig's Ribbon, Evil Eye Tail) and talk to him.

The quest rewards 3,600 EXP (base) — 1,600 + 2,000 — and earrings, which you can wear or sell to an NPC. At level 20, that accounts for 53.4% EXP. If you already have the items, doing the quest can provide a good boost.

. . .

I would make minor adjustments to this quest.

• I find the part that involves Chief Stan asking for items unnecessary. I'd ignore it altogether, and focus only on the part where you deliver the watch from Chief Stan to Alex.
    • The earrings are a good reward, although I personally would prefer getting a job-relevant 60% scroll instead.
    • At one point, the last part was said to give 5,000 EXP, although it might have been a typo. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing the EXP increase from 3,600 (total) to 5,000 either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

At level 55, Alcaster offers a series of quests where he asks for you to help him find an Ancient Book. The Ancient Book has been described to be: "A book that contains incredible spells that are banned". Alcaster wants to have this book so he can seal up the magic that is contained within it.

General information

There are two interweaving stories. The first involves finding Hella, the descendant of the author who wrote the Book of Ancient. After this, in the second story, you're led on a journey to find an old map, which you can then use to help Alcaster to find the Book of Ancient.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Alcaster's quest is purposely designed to be longer than other quests in the game. Every part will involve you to visit different maps to meet NPCs, who will talk with you or ask you to bring items for them.

If you complete the quest, you can access Alcaster's shop on your character. Alcaster is currently the only NPC who sells The Magic Rock and The Summoning Rock, which are used in third job advancement skills (e.g. Mystic Door).

Additional information

If you finish the quest by level 55, you will be able to gain 55.6% EXP. You also get a random cape that you can wear at level 65.

. . .

I believe this was written to be the first quest that would be offered from Alcaster, because this is where he properly introduces himself. But for some reason, that intent wasn't shown clearly.

I feel the quest level requirement should be lowered to 30. It means also changing or lifting the level requirement to access the El Nath Dungeon; because Jeff the Dungeon Guide will only let players in who are at least level 50.

For Hella's arc, you need to travel back-and-forth between Orbis and El Nath to interact with the NPCs. I recommend you to use the Orbis Rock Scroll, which you can get by doing Collecting Huckle's Magic Ingredients. This will help to make travelling easier.

You're asked to kill certain mobs for their ETC items and to give them to the NPCs who ask for them: Kriel the Fairy, Scadur, and Corporal Easy. I find this step unnecessary. I believe it makes the quest longer than it needs to be. For instance, you're told to get Werewolf's Toenail, which drops from a level 73 mob, and this can be difficult to kill by yourself at level 55.

Moreover, I feel these regular ETC items do not add value to the story. For example, Corporal Easy only wants to have the toenail, just so he can use it to impress others. It's one detail I would either skip or use for a different quest.

This quest was written before the introduction of pirates. No changes need to be made to the story to accommodate for Kyrin. That being said, it makes an effort to involve the job instructors from Victoria Island. There are no problems with that, but I will say that the story could have still made sense if it were changed instead to the job instructors in the Chief's Residence. I also don't know why the job instructors would need two crystals — one refined Crystal for each is enough.

The quest rewards a fair amount of EXP, even without including the parts that ask for the ETC items. I personally wouldn't change it.

I don't mind the cape reward — I think it's nice — but it could also be taken out and added to the rewards of a different quest.

. . .

Thoughts about his shop

I already mentioned that, upon completing the quest, you can buy The Magic Rock and The Summoning Rock from Alcaster. I feel those items could have been sold by another NPC. Eurek comes to mind because he can make those same items using magic.

I personally feel the "Legendary Spirit" skill that is offered in Eurek's quest fits better when read in the context of this quest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

Muirhat is given a set of quests that involve killing specific mobs on Victoria Island. He wants you to "stop the spreading of the evil spirits reaching the deepest part of the island".

These quests are designed in a similar way to the DANGER quests in Sleepywood. Both involve killing mobs and then going back to the NPC for rewards (i.e. EXP/potions).

To do them, you need to have already completed The Lost Letter. You can start that quest by talking to the Trash Can, which is in the same map that Muirhat is in.

Quests:

. . .

I feel Muirhat's quests could have been easily re-written to be DANGER quests. His quests — which were imported from a later version of MapleStory (v.80) — do not fit the current aesthetic of the game.

In the server files, there are other unused NPC sprites for Cold Eye and Drake.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I feel it would be easy to replace the monsters in the Wanted signs to show other monsters instead, since all of them appear over a white background. This can also be done for The Excavator Board since it uses the sprite of Skeleton Soldier.

Eliminate the Skeletons is a condensed version of Notice from the Excavation Team since it asks you to kill the same mobs. That being said, I also feel the Notice quest could have been reorganised and split into three smaller quests.

These quests are not repeatable. But I feel with these changes, it might help it change into that; and it's something I think should be considered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

Islanders can start the Not Satisfied! quest from Mai at level 20 which gives them access to different cosmetic options. It only involves killing every mob on Maple Island 300 times.

In the main game, usually to obtain cosmetics you would have to buy a coupon from the Cash Shop. Sometimes, you may spend thousands of NX just on coupons since some specific preferences can only be accessed randomly (i.e. EXP coupon). The Not Satisfied! quest provides an alternative to this system: it regards cosmetics as something you can get from actively playing.

. . .

I am personally not opposed to seeing quests like this in the game. I think MapleLegends could apply the same ideas here and bring it to other areas of the game.

I comment once again on the tediousness because it feels unnecessary. Playing actively does not have to involve killing hundreds of mobs.

I would still prefer for Maple Island to have an NPC that specialises in cosmetics because having Mai do this feels unnatural to me. Maybe this same NPC could also provide a VIP option for hair; especially if the hair you want is already given as a VIP option elsewhere in the game.

An alternative to this quest could involve helping a hairdresser in the area you want to change your hair. For example, a barber could ask for you to bring back item they lost (e.g. scissors) which you can find from going around town. Then, after finding it, as a reward, you can get an EXP coupon that you can use in that area. That is one example of active gameplay but which does not have to involve grinding.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

At level 30, if you visit Mr. Wetbottom in the VIP Sauna in Sleepywood Hotel, you can start a quest. Mr. Wetbottom mentions that his son, Ronnie, has taken a book from him and that he wants it back. He says that if you can bring that book, then he will give you a reward: a Sauna Robe.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ronnie agrees to give you the book, but also mentions that he is hungry. So, instead of giving the book to you, he asks you to bring certain items for him, such as: Fresh Milk, Rina's Unagi Special, and Lupin's Banana.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

When you go to Rina and Rowen, again, they agree to give you those items but only if can give them something in return. Rina says the "secret" for what makes her Unagi special delicious is having added Curse Eye Tails and Pig's Head. On the other hand, Rowen mentions that fairies are fascinated seeing "fancy, spectacular items"; and so she asks you to bring her a Diamond.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Once you do all of that, you bring the Secret Book back to Mr. Wetbottom to finish the quest. You also get a Sauna Robe, which you can wear in or outside the Sleepywood Sauna. The robes are gender-locked, which means if your character is male, you will always get a blue robe; and red, if your character is female.

. . .

I don't know why this quest was added into the game.

Mr. Wetbottom never tells the player why he needs the Secret Book. It has been assumed that what you're being asked to bring for him is something viewed to be inappropriate; that is, an erotic magazine. And if it is anything like what I'm describing, I find it unusual for kids like Ronnie to want to hold on to such a book; and why this has been turned into a story.

The items Ronnie says he wants uses the same sprites as regular items. For instance, the Cold Milk is a White Potion; and Rina's Unagi Special is a Unagi. Seeing nothing done to make it look different gives me another reason to question why this quest was added.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

At level 40, Wing the Fairy in Ellinia will have a quest. You're told to bring an item to Kriel the Fairy, which Wing says has been "passed down from generation to generation". He mentions also that Kriel is able to make "all the wizard-related items and weapons at Orbis".

First, I don't know why the quest starts at level 40. I think it should be changed and lowered to 20; it should match the level requirement used for Nero's Necklace. Second, I think it would be nice to let players create wands or staffs through Kriel. Finally, the follow-up quest is tedious. I think it would be enough to help Kriel by only collecting the Empty Potion Bottle, instead of having to bring that along with other ETC items.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

The NPC sprite for Mason shows that they are surrounded by ETC items (i.e. Cog, Plastic Crown, Toy Trojan Sword, Mechanical Heart). I theorise that Mason was planned at first to be an NPC whom you go to exchange items, much like Staff Sergeant Charlie at Orbis.

• Like Like x 2
  19. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I figured since this space is for quests that I use it to share some of my work.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Ludibrium Eos Tower is filled with flying mobs, such as: Chirrpy, Helly, Propelly, and Planey. I noticed that some of their ETC items were not used in quests; and that had inspired me to write a small draft to show how their ETC items could be used in a quest. You can read about it here.

• Like Like x 3
  20. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

The Contract of Darkness provides useful context about the El Nath region. Manji says it provides a source of power for ‘any monster that is supposedly dead, but still moves around as if it's alive’. That is to say, Coolie and Miner Zombie exist because of it.

I find the quest associated with The Contract of Darkness to be quite confusing. I feel the details about the Contract were better left as they were; I didn't think it needed to be turned into a quest item. Also, some of the things that Manji said about the contract could have been said by anyone else — e.g. Alcaster — or by Shammos himself. Moreover, The Contract of Darkness could have been written to affect any other mob in the El Nath region (e.g. Cerebes, or the Wolves); and not just undead mobs (i.e. Zombies).

Shammos wanted The Contract of Darkness for his ritual but I feel he could have considered Zombie’s Lost Tooth instead; a regular ETC item that drops from the Zombies, and which aren’t being used anywhere else (outside of the Orbis Exchange Quest).

• Like Like x 1