1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about boss freeze abuse

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Kirisame, Apr 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    3:28 PM
    Kirisame
    Hero
    Touhou
    In recent rule changes for the Boss Freeze Abuse (was called Aggro Abuse),
    I noticed "Elder Wraiths in Big Foot maps being frozen" is given as an example.

I wonder what exactly "being frozen" means.

The only way I knew how to stop Elder Wraiths chasing the bigfoot attacker,
    is let them have something else to chase, i.e. have another character inside the map.
    And if the character is a thief, with Dark Sight on, he will take no damage because Elder Wraiths don't have magic attack.

So, is following considered as aggro abuse (boss freeze abuse)?

1. Have a thief inside the map, aggro and use Dark Sight, stand there.
    2. Have a random character in the map, aggro and stand there taking damages.
    3. Have a random character in the map, aggro and try run away from them. (is moving considered as "active"?)
    4. Have a thief inside the map, aggro and use Dark Sight, run here and there.
    5. Have a random character in the map, aggro and slowly kill them. (hit & run)

You may say that character is not attacking bigfoot, but he's still contributing to the boss run,
    like seduce mules in HT.
    How about seduce mules in HT?
    What if he's controlled by an individual player?

2. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    3:28 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Hi Kirisame, thank you for the questions.

From discussions among staffs while we made this change, Dark Sight was one of the questions asked.

General consensus is that usage of a skill to get around aggro is fair strategy.

Dark Sight is a skill is meant to ignore damage, so if mobs are aggroed to you and you're in Dark Sight, it is fair usage of the skill. This is especially true because mobs are not in anyway broken.

As such, your cases 1-5 are all acceptable.

To further clarify, some flying mobs get stuck underground after using certain skills (that I'll not reveal as that's giving away a method to abuse). If they come back up, it's fine. If they don't and you use this to your advantage, it will be an abuse.

Designating HT seduce to one character is fine since there is no way to get around that anyway.

If you're in doubt about Boss Freeze Abuse while you're bossing, you should try to contact a GM using @gm command in-game or post a message in #support on Discord.

If any GMs have anything to add or notice any mistakes, please reply!

If you have any more questions, please ask :)

EDIT: Removed misleading information

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  3. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    7:28 PM
    Bowmaster
    On top of what Precel said, by mention of freeze; it means specifically, using a dead character to purposefully halt mob aggro. If a character has aggro of a mob(s) and the character dies, the mobs will 'freeze' on the person with aggro. Like Precel mentioned, skills are an exception to aggro because that's just how they function (Dark sight, Puppet)

4. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Kirisame
    Hero
    Touhou
    Thank you Precel and Doggo for your reply.
    I think I understand what's the Boss Freeze Abuse now.
    It's kinda like "aggro bug abuse", not just "aggro abuse".

5. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Kirisame
    Hero
    Touhou
    I never be in a HT squad (except as a buyer) in MapleLegends, and I have little experience for HT here.

From the last server I played, if the seducer dies, HT will keep cast seduce to him until he go out (usually people will wait the 10 timer run out).
    After that, the next person went into the map will be the new seducer.

Is it same in MapleLegends? Are you talking about this?
    (the seducer should go out immediately if the team are not able or have no intention to ress him?)

After your explanation for the bigfoot part, I tend to believe we are allowed to do it if it's designed by the game.
    The cases mentioned as Boss Freeze Abuse are all related to aggro bugs.

6. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    3:28 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Yes, that's what I meant and I must apologize since there was a mix up on my part. I forgot a crucial information.

Even though the left arm is casting sed on a dead player, it was agreed that it will not be enforced because other parts of HT are still attacking the whole squad. Besides, usually it happens not on purpose and it costs a precious ressurection to avoid a single target sed for 10 minutes.

Instead, shotshot was going to look into fix the bug if possible.

I'm sorry about the confusion.

7. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Kirisame
    Hero
    Touhou
    Thank you for the explanation. :pinkbean:

• Friendly Friendly x 1