1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about leeching

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by fehiki, Sep 29, 2022.

Tags:
  1. fehiki

fehiki Blue Snail

Feb 16, 2021
    Female
    9:12 AM
    Hiya! So I came from another server where the leeching system worked in only one very simple way: You buy/sell by the hour, and at an hourly rate.

But here I'm seeing things like "meso/3.1k xp" or "leech package."

Could anyone explain to me what these mean? And what, if any, other leech sale methods are?

Thanks!

2. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    9:12 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    1:3.x = 1 meso per 3.x exp, so you’re paying for an amount of total exp rather than a set time.

Packages = you’re paying for a block of levels. 67-70 for example.

Other servers usually have this as well but split = there is more than 1 leecher in the pt while solo = it’s just you in the pt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:12 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    In the other server, have you ever had terrible leechers that give 2/3 the average exp or afk for half the time? Leeching by exp solves all those problems as payment is by work done. For sellers it allows for flexibility to afk or add buyers midway through leech.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    fehiki

fehiki Blue Snail

Feb 16, 2021
    Female
    9:12 AM
    Ah, I see! That makes sense, I guessed as much. One thing I don't get though is how people calculate the exp they gained throughout the leech session?

And on leech packages-is there a time limit? In other words, how much time is given to the seller to complete the package?

Sorry if I'm asking too much! Bishop-in-the-making here, needa understand how everything works before I jump into it later on :)

And thank you so much for the replies!

5. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    7:12 PM
    Corsair
    most people sell ratio leech at skele/petri and up, lower leeches are mostly packaged or hourly right now.

6. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    2:12 AM
    It's fairly easy to calculate if you know the starting level and exp and the finishing level and exp.

If you're in a situation where you're leeching for a set number of hours and selling based on an exp to meso ratio after the fact, you'd need to get the buyer to cc, relog or something to save their character after the leech is done so you can see their % on the website, or just trust them to not edit a screenshot.

Usually, it's a lot simpler than that, though. The deal would be something like "leech up to <some level> for <some set price>".

Either way, there's an exp table here: https://maplelegends.com/lib/exptable and there's a calculator for it here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/ratio-leech-calculator.43809/

It's up to the buyer and seller to negotiate that kind of thing. There isn't really a norm, necessarily, since different sellers will have different amounts of time per day they can leech. Generally, a seller will have a rough idea of how many hours it's going to take and will tell the buyer how many days it will take to do the package if it's more than one evening of leech.