1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Random DC issues

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by NootForLoot, Jul 4, 2020.

1. NootForLoot

NootForLoot Red Snail

Apr 13, 2020
    4:41 PM
    MILFslayer
    Dark Knight
    Hogwarts
    Hello,

Beginning at around the time of the DDOS maintenance and especially over the past few weeks, I've been having several episodes of lag where I would lag for 20-30s at a time and would either go back to normal or would dc back to the login screen (dcing about 80-90% of the time). This happens without warning and I have yet to find or notice a pattern when these events occur. As of late, these episodes of lag have been happening more and more frequently, with lag occurring sometimes within 5-10 minutes of logging back on. This makes playing the game almost infeasible as I've dced in 3/4 of my last CWKPQ runs and 4/4 of my last zakum runs.

During these episodes of being frozen, I can still see chat being updated (ex all chat, smegas, alliance, party chat, etc) but messages that I send aren't being sent. I can also still see other people functioning normally around me (ex killing mobs and picking up their respective drops) but mobs that aren't being interacted with are frozen/walking in place.

Things I've tried to no avail:
    -turning off antivirus and windows firewall
    -changing to different resolutions in legends.ini file
    -playing at different times/with different amount of players online
    -reinstalling the client
    -playing on older version of the client (May. 23rd version) --> currently on client version May. 26th with patch May. 27th

One weird observation that I noted was that when I multiclient (specifically at CDs in Taiwan and at Shaolin 7F) one of my clients would be functioning perfectly while my other client would at the same time be experiencing the aforementioned lag. It would at times swap, with the other character now lagging and the other functioning normally.

I currently live in Western Canada and players that I've met that live roughly in the same area (i.e Western Canada/US) have also reported similar episodes of lag so I'm not sure if it's just a regional issue. At this time I don't believe (could be wrong) that it's an internet issue as I often stream movies/shows on the side without it needing to buffer at all whilst I grind.

Thank you for reading this rather lengthy post (as I've tried to include as much detail & specificity as possible) and I hope to hear back from you guys soon! :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. denesh

denesh Mano

Aug 3, 2017
    Male
    I'm facing the same issue too, so I guess it isn't singtel(sinktel) issue as told by kim. Because I tried different service provider and it's the same..

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:41 AM
    Moderator Post
    Can both of you try a VPN and see if those problems still occur?

4. OP
    OP
    NootForLoot

NootForLoot Red Snail

Apr 13, 2020
    MILFslayer
    Dark Knight
    Hogwarts
    Tried using a VPN (US) and looks like the dcs have stopped for the most part! Had the lag maybe twice in ~5 hrs of game time. Thanks for the solution Kimmy! :)

5. denesh

denesh Mano

Aug 3, 2017
    Male
    I didn't use VPN but today I didn't DC like how I used to. Usually happens every few minutes or so but none today. Gameplay was smooth!! :) Only DC when changing channel.

6. runebunny

runebunny Mano

Mar 29, 2020
    Male
    7:41 PM
    Dark Knight
    I have the same problem with you... Whenver I notice lag I would quickly change the game graphic quality (doesn't matter to which quality as long as you change it up) and that would sometimes resolve the freeze issues. I always play lowest graphics in zak or cwpq and that seemed to have reduced the number of dcs... but recently I would still get random DCs where i dont even have time to switch graphics (like 30mins ago in CWPQ). It usually happens during bossing which is really annoying for me and I feel bad for my pt members. My internet isnt the best but it shouldn't just dc .. at most lag for a bit.

7. denesh

denesh Mano

Aug 3, 2017
    Male
    This server is awesome! Hopefully the ranking select script was the cause of the dc and random lag. Thank you Maplelegend team!

8. azabazaa

azabazaa Snail

Aug 16, 2020
    Male
    2:41 AM
    Shpongle
    Beginner
    vpn didnt work for me.. still have the issue . :(