1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-balance CDs or buff other relevant content

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Grizzy, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Grizzy

Grizzy Red Snail

Jul 27, 2020
    Male
    5:25 AM
    Grizzy
    Warrior
    We have a lot of different good spots for training in ML for levels 1-70 and 120+ but the 70-120 bracket is nearly entirely dominated by just doing CDs. For 90+ there is the possibility of doing himes but setting up a party and getting the right jobs for it is always worse than just logging in and going to CDs.

You could argue that if you want a change of scenery you can do other content but that's not the point. There is no real reason to ever leave CDs if you want to level at a good pace.

The hp/xp ratio of CDs is unmatched for what i know and the fact that they also summon 3 minions that also have the crazy xp ratio is just ridiculous.

I'd honestly like other spots to have buffed spawn rates or see hp/xp ratios changed rather than just straight up nerfing CDs.

For comparison windraiders give the sameish amount of xp per kill as CDs but have double the hp.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    3:25 AM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    There will always be op maps.

Mannies was the op map till it got nerfed now its cds/gs2.
    The obvious solution is to nerf every single map on a rotating schedual to get people to see the world.
    577983934311432226.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    2:25 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    people already see the world via card hunting. >.>

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    7:25 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Do you have any suggestions on which maps you'd like to see buffed? ^^

5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    10:25 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    M A N N E Q U I N S

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    specifically adding auto aggro to them would add several solid maps that could compete with CDs at a similar level range

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Note that with the the aggro changes, mannies will never be the same even with auto aggro ;-;

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Grizzy

Grizzy Red Snail

Jul 27, 2020
    Male
    5:25 AM
    Grizzy
    Warrior
    I'd like to see some change of scenery and i like nostalgia so i suggest some deeper ludi at least. Do note that these are personal suggestions and i'm no balance expert. I do feel like there is so much content in maplestory that is completely skipped and not being experienced and for good reasons. Changing the hp/xp ratios and spawn rates could change this easily.

https://maplelegends.com/lib/monster?id=6300100
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/monster?id=7140000
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/monster?id=8141000

^ Just looking at their hp/xp rate makes me feel bad when comparing to CDs.

Maybe some el-nath xp/hp and spawn changes?

https://maplelegends.com/lib/monster?id=7130200

Or maybe something in leafre?

https://maplelegends.com/lib/monster?id=8140103

Honestly when you start looking up other monster xp/hp ratios you start to realise that taipei is completely on its own level.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    10:25 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    If mannequins are truly dead then kents is my next suggestion. Maybe squids in aqua cave could be interesting too and fits the "nostalgic" factor. Not sure how either of these maps compare to CDs now though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    8:10 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
  11. fengstar

fengstar Orange Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    the bay
    Diggy
    Night Lord
    Twice
    Am I the only one that despises training at cds? Lol. Hard to find a map, ate my pots like crazy and little to no room to attack as a ranged class. I'll take less exp.
    I was at tornado corridor(WRs) from 70-90ish, and then the wrath of night(nightshadows) till 11x now. Very underrated maps imo. Exp is definitely less than cds, but I use little to no hp pots here and all the channels are basically empty. Oh and you get to practice your jumping skills each time you repot :D.

12. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    I see a lot of suggestions mentioning HP/EXP ratio, but IMO the most important factor for a grinding map is accessibility of mobs.

Adding a top/mid/bottom teleport on Deep Ludi maps would make many of those maps viable without changing spawn rates or HP/EXP ratios, especially for elemental classes like white knights and mages. They’re fun mobs but having to climb the same amount you descend is a waste of time and kills the grind.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    10:25 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Deep ludi is such a beautiful place with interesting map layout so I'd love to see it buffed way up to compete with CDs. Bonus, deep ludi is unfriendly to archmages/bishops so no leech selling there.

Same goes for leafre, stuff like kents and wyverns are already somewhat underrated, if they could be somehow given a small buff to nudge players there it would be great.

This next point is a bit of personal preference. In general would be nice to have strong grinding maps which are in the "core" maple world like Victoria Island, Ossyria (orbis/ludi/omega/kft/elnath/aqua) and Leafre. Thinking about the meta grinding maps, all of them are in SG/MY (gs, mp3, gallos, ulu), world tour (himes, SHAOLIN), taiwan (CDs), masteria (wolf spiders). Feels like the only meta grinding map in core maple is skele, and thats only because of bishops.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  14. p3rsonman

p3rsonman Mano

Jun 4, 2018
    Male
    8:25 PM
    Resta
    Bishop
    I might be in the minority here, but I’d like to see coolie zombies get a buff or change the map layout away from the platforms and ledges to the flatter maps to make it more efficient. I used to spend a lot of time there in GMS.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Alden

Alden Slime

May 13, 2020
    Male
    I personally feel nerfing CDs instead of buffing some random map is a simpler balance change, and would get people at that level range to find something better. Just my thoughts.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  16. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    I don't think nerfing CDs is an actual solution. People only started grinding at CDs because Mannequins got nerfed and was no longer an optimal grind/farm spot. At this point, all that would be accomplished is shifting the meta to a different spot until that one gets nerfed and so on and so forth. With that said, I'm all for buffing other maps, just don't know how they would go about. Deep Ludis main flaw is its massive map layout. Adding a portal to access the top and bottom of the maps could be a way to buff the maps, but that also makes me think of a more-modern Maple where the maps allow instant access to every part of the map. It also makes Deep Ludi seem a lot smaller than it actually is (for those who care about that stuff) since you can just skip the entire map and go to the next portal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    People complained Mannequin was OP and it got nerfed.
    Now people start to complain CD is op.

Do you all really want all the grinding spots to be removed, and make WR leech > WS leech > ULU leech, the only way to level up?

Just buff the mobs somewhere else to the same spawn rate and, xp/hp ratio will do.
    I remember something about dual ghost pirate being buffed in some patch, but its still total trash compare to CD.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Cascades

Cascades Slime

Jul 2, 2020
    Male
    Cascades, Crater
    Hero
    Homies
    I cannot agree with this suggestion more! As someone who is stuck at CDs (experience is just way too good) and has been here since 75, it's a major burnout spot.

What's worse is that you frequently see 50%+ of the channels taken by meso farmers and even leech is happening at CDs now.

Would love for there to be a reason to move off of CDs at 90 or 100 to freshen up the grind for folks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Are Galloperas not a decent spot to farm at for 100-120? It's been a long time since I've tried.

20. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    I remember testing gallo before the hime buff, and they were much worse than himes.