1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

rebalance candy to ap resets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Laserbam, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Laserbam

Laserbam Slime

Apr 18, 2016
    4:09 AM
    is it just me, or do other people also feel that 100 candy for 1 ap reset is not a well balanced trade. i get on avg 20-30 candies an hour. for those people that can play 2-3 hours a day would only net 1 ap reset every 2 days. This exchange rate felt way worse than what was in summer event.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    1:09 PM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    It's just sad... This time around it seems as 5 times tougher to grind a reset than previous events.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Quinale

Quinale King Slime

Jul 17, 2020
    7:09 AM
    I'm sure the staff knows what they're doing with the rate of candies and the cost of everything.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  4. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    They want you to spam single target abilities at flat maps. You can get 60-140 candies per hour if you go use SINGLE TARGET (magic claw, double stab, lucky seven, etc) abilities at HIGH DENSITY SPAWN maps.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I don't understand the cost scaling. Why is it more expensive to get a cosmetic (hair/face) than to get an AP reset? Why are cosmetics being priced so heavily in this event? I've been grinding for 5 hours and am just getting to 100 candies. Please note I am playing a low level bowman who has high int and just wanted to get the cosmetics but its rough.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This event is a month long. You shouldn't expect to have access to a majority of the content only 1 day after its release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I understand that this is a 27 day long event however personally I do work 5 days a week, and I would like to collect a lot of the cosmetic items. There are multiple hair and faces that I really enjoy and would like to get one of them on each of my characters. A cost of 200 candies, estimated at 10 hours of grinding (or more) for each of these when I work full-time really limits what I am able to obtain even over the course of 27 days. Plus on top of that being able to get any of the other items or cosmetics when I am limited by hours.

I still stand by my comment that I do not understand how function items are cheaper than cosmetic items that provide no stat benefit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. reeseko

reeseko Mano

Feb 22, 2020
    Reeseko
    Bandit
    The game can’t be balanced around people’s lives though. Not everyone has the same schedule/life and you should be rewarded based on commitment/playtime. They don’t owe us a certain number of resets or cosmetics in each event. If you want more just play more. If you can’t play more than just enjoy what you can get out of your time playing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I am allowed to voice my opinion. My main comment is that cosmetics are more expensive than functional items, which I feel is a valid comment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    With much less grind in former events, 2 days into the event I had already FIVE AP RESETS.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    The event is already targeting 'try hard' farmers, can you explain how you've gathered about 500 candies?

12. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    You were too rush on marking my post as unjust while u didn't understand it... In former event you could get 5 ap resets for the less time it WOULD'VE taken you to grind a single AP reset this event.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What makes you think every event is supposed to hold the same outcome? Seems to me they looked at the grindability of the prior event and decided to adjust the numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    7:09 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Imagine thinking the game should be balanced around your lifestyle

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    7:09 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    this is definitly better than the summer event, WAY better. Stop complaining about reset every event

I enjoy not having to choose between rings/reset/comestic and raffle.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Quinale

Quinale King Slime

Jul 17, 2020
    I think drop rate should be higher because there is no passive way to generate these items (like maple tree from last event)

17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I wouldn't consider Maple Tree to be a normal event occurrence. It was never normal to generate event items passively.

It's also not a good idea to ease up on things. People get used to easy access which directly contributes to the acceleration of power creep.

18. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Every event is different and will have different drop rates. Not every event will make it rain AP resets or event currency. Just because a "previous event was like X and Y" doesn't really seem like a good reason to change things imo. For example we could say the same thing about Christmas. "These AP resets are so easy to get, why can't we make it harder like Halloween?", Or "Anniversary had 40% bonus exp why can't we do it now?" (Because it was our 5th anniversary and a special event).
    I appreciate everyone's thoughts on the subject but "it was like this last event" doesn't seem like a good reason to do to change an event especially since all events are so different.
    Mirrors

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Thanks for the reply Mirrors! I totally understand that each event rates will be different. My main comment was regarding hair/face and NX costume sets that offer no stat benefit in game being more expensive or equal to items that provide significant function in game (AP resets, pets). Just as someone who enjoys collecting the cosmetics, I found the price choices for these items to be odd when they do not change the market or character ability at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I wouldn't say there is a significant difference. You get ~5k nx from voting each day. You get ~1.5 AP Resets a day from voting. Likewise, a cash shop NX item is ~2-4k NX. Seems appropriately scaled to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1