1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce SP Reset Scroll Costs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by boldaslove, Mar 6, 2021.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    12:47 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You say things aren't a big investment with the scope of someone that probably already has access to a lot of NX. I would imagine that a player that doesn't know about what they are doing probably isn't voting all that much either.

HP washing can be easily fixed as long as it's caught around level 50-60. Using my aforementioned example, imagine leveling up a warrior to 60 and then finding out that you should also probably start saving NX for 250 hp washes, adding 40 int, and resetting that int out when you're done (~1m nx). And then imagine being told in the same vein that final attack is shit and that you should also spend 75k nx (15 days of voting) to reset it or else your DPM in 3rd job is going to be super nerfed. How would you feel in that situation - as a new player?

Obviously, you can play it out and struggle through 3rd job with a terrible disadvantage and choose to wash out Final Attack later when you have the spare NX (in 6 months). But grinding from 60-120 takes only about 3 months of really casual play. Why should new players have to choose to struggle for mistakes when Legends can offer a more noob friendly alternative?

There's a fine line between handholding and making things more intuitive. Having easier access to SP resets in the earlier levels would make that learning process much more intuitive.

__

As for DMS's post - I really don't see a problem with any of those scenarios. I don't see any of them being necessarily exploitable and if anything it just promotes dynamic play. IMO, fluidity of skills should be something to be desired and could even be a unique, Legends-specific feature to the already cut & dry game.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:47 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I do agree with you when comes to Final Attack.
    However, you do have to look at what RegalStar has posted regarding potential problems.

Personally, I only play Hero class, so I have no idea how this impacts the game play on other class, and the only one I can relate to on is the 1st Job Warrior resetting of skill points which I don't find it very impactful.

Until those points are countered or addressed, pushing SP resets to be dirt cheap imo is not logical

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Most of Regal's posts regarded 4th job skill reallocation. Even then, I'm really not opposed to having fluidity of skills. If they were absolutely free, sure, you'd see a lot more people taking advantage of the situations.

But if they were cheap enough to validate SP fluidity/strategy, then I feel like we would finally start seeing a new market for NX use outside of AP resets and owls.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tarnished

Tarnished Mixed Golem

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Bumping this thread because I found it when I was about to make the same suggestion.

Not only would it reduce the punishment to noobs who mess up their SP but also IMO allowing people to more easily switch their builds is not a negative.

Personally I just want to re-spec my DK to try PA Final Attack + Power Strike for single-target DPM since it's a lot easier to get a PSB than a Sky Ski.

Also there are a bunch of skills that have inadequate skill descriptions and it would help a lot to just try it out and SP reset if desired.
    Ex: Monster Magnet is pretty terrible unless you put a lot of SP into it, most people won't consider it until very high level because you can take Achilles or MW for guaranteed value instead - but Magnet might be quite good even for a lv.15x

upload_2022-11-14_12-51-13.png

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:47 AM
    • Informative Informative x 3
  6. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    It may have been bad in vanilla, but that is not relevant anymore. This server is a far cry from vanilla now. In the first place, vanilla prices are always arbitrary because they were tied to real world currency. NX is a completely different resource in this server.

In the current climate of ML, I would argue the prices are still bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    They are not going to be lowered even further.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    What's the reasoning behind PA Final Attack + Power Strike? I'm very interested.

9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yes check the link.

12. Tarnished

Tarnished Mixed Golem

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    It's an odd build that likely has next to 0 practical applications, but still something I want to try out.

The basic idea is that PSBs are OP: they cost very little and give a lot of stats and for a less affluent DK it's a higher priority piece of gear than a spear. The downside to PA's is that because of the reduced damage multiplier on stab animations, usually they're only used for grinding with PA Fury since PA Crusher takes a massive stab-animation multiplier penalty. But, if you use Power Strike, the Slash animation with the better multiplier triggers ~60% of the time. FA on top of Power Strike raises single target DPM significantly. My theory is that at some price range, it's conceivable for PSB to outperform Sky Ski for Bossing.

Even ignoring raw DPM, there are some other benefits to Power Strike:
    • Higher KB values; Hitting 50k lines consistently makes NT bosses a lot easier.
    • There are a lot of cases where you want to keep trash mobs alive to take advantage of i-frames, with obvious examples being Zak and Scarga. With a single target ability like Power Strike, you can aggro the mobs onto you but still keep hitting the boss 100% of the time - something Pallies do often.

• Creative Creative x 1