1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Regarding Agent Equipment

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Piety, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    5:35 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    This is some awful timing. Should have been changed during or right after the event if it was even in question, not 6 months later.

Better yet, don't make clear boneheaded decisions of introducing this stuff in the first place. Trying to fix a poor decision with an even poorer one is not the right way to address issues.

This isn't even a hindsight thing. So many people were against the addition of perma agent items in the first place. By misleading people into thinking they're permanent for half a year and then removing them, all this does is do even more damage.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 10
  2. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    8:35 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    I get that they way I said it might not have been super polite but it doesn't mean it's wrong either. Looking for an answer on that please, it really does screw over a lot of players (including me)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    7:35 AM
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    "I like this change! I don't have agent gear!"

"I hate this change! I have agent gear!"

• Agree x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. wokkie

wokkie Mushmom

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Banned
    1:35 PM
    Legends fucks up and punishes players.
    What else is new..

NerfTM

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Haidaniel

Haidaniel Mano

Nov 21, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    9:35 PM
    HaiDaniel
    Hunter
    DANK
    Forgive me if this is a stupid solution, but maybe making all existing agent items non-tradeable means although they lose their trade-able value, those that have invested get to keep their good agent gear. It also rewards old players with legacy items without ruining the economy of the market (obviously you have to take into consideration all the players with good agent gear aren't going to be creating demand for other good equips, but I'm not sure how much of an issue this is).

Future agent events could just have an expiry date?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Market isn't the reason we want them removed. We just never had event items that were permanent and effected the meta, until the agent items. We do not want 'anymore' that the event items stay, thus the explanation of them expiring now.

So no, having people keeping untradable agent items is the exact same problem as them having tradable ones; which is them having exclusive limited items that are stronger than normal items.

We expected the backlash and I totally understand (obviously) why the backlash exist. But I rather have backlash than something in my server permanently that I do not like, which is limited event items that effect the meta permanently. Every new player should have the same item availability as old users, excluding participating in an already happened event of course, which is having an item that is stronger (socks, etc) but expiring.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Will there be any kind of compensation if this goes through? Is it set in stone? Not only am I losing the item that I spent the mesos on, I sold my previous earrings much cheaper than they were worth before these earrings were introduced and now I'd lose even more mesos to get back earrings of equal stats to what I had before I changed to agent earrings.
    All this change does is try to fix up a screw up by screwing up again.
    If you were going to do this, you should have done so during the event when people first pointed out this issue or slightly after it, not 6 months after the fact.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. poompoombew

poompoombew Slime

Jan 9, 2018
    Male
    7:35 PM
    Marksman
    Just a humble suggestion: Perhaps it is possible to look into extending the duration of the current agent items to expire around the same time as the next batch of agent items? Justification below:

Some form of balance can be created from this chain of thought:
    1) New agent items from the upcoming event will now have an expiry date of 1 year as per other event items
    2) For the sake of ensuring fairness as the old agent items do not have an expiry date, we will be imposing a similar feature to them
    3) Therefore both agent items will expire around the same time.

It gives players whom have invested time and effort into their current agent gears a form of compensation (longer duration on their gears); thus we adopt a perspective that their agent gears will now; 1) be in-lined with the server direction and; 2) be balanced with what the newer players will ultimately be receiving.

Thank you

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    5:35 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Thing is this was so avoidable, now all you get is twice the backlash on your hands. Once when the items were implemented and once now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    feel so bad for franco tho LOL

didn't something similar happen with event noses with 5-7 stat happen in January? accidentally released untradeable but perm 5-7 stat noses, and the correction was made pretty instantly to make them expire. why this wasn't done for agent gear asap is beyond me

in the long run these items shouldn't exist in the server seeing as they're best in slot by a crazy amount (which anyone with a brain could've told you), like giving almost 2x the amount of stat s as you can normally get, but instead with 0 risk involved, so maybe the staff can check what is released in their own special events in the future to prevent this kind of unfortunate shit

• Agree Agree x 10
  11. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Staff learning? On this server?

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

12:35 PM
    If the event is going to be repeated, would it be released the same way as it was last year except with expirey dates?
    If you were to release the event again without changing anything except the expirey date it doesnt change the actual outcome of the event. The items were over powered... and tradable.

13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The discussions about the expire was already around November of last year and on most part concluded around December. You can put the blame on me why additional 2 months were added, if you wish. We were too busy with Christmas, and a lot of other stuff, and the agent item trouble kept getting sidetracked.

As for people asking how summer will be and if any of the items will be re-introduced: No info at this point.

14. mightyboy

mightyboy Orange Mushroom

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    4:35 AM
    mightyboy/mightygirl
    Night Lord
    Unworthy
    I understand that the items should be expired for the better of the server, but if there’s no compensation IMO it shows that you care more about the server over the community...

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    4:35 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I do not disagree with this decision on putting time limit onto agent gear that were previously permanent, but I think we should get some sort of compensation. My self had similar situation as FrancoFranco but a lot less costly, where I traded away my good stats slime shoes for the agent shoes because i thought i could keep it forever, so there was no need to hang onto slime shoes. Now, there is basically no way for me to get that slime shoes back, so i pretty much just lost something that I would otherwise had kept if I knew the agent shoes is going to expire...

What has been done is done, there is no reason to go back and blame GMs for their decisions, but simply apologize and leave this case is not graceful. Even though I don't think any compensation would full satisfied people's feeling towards this change, perhaps giving us some "exclusive" item/gear? That way at least we got something that others don't.

Some items I can think of include purely customatic nx stuff (outfits, pets, mounts...), or chair? At least that would give us any advantage towards other players.

16. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    fucking lol

• Like Like x 8
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    can't wait to hit 200 btw who's coming to my party

• Like x 7
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  18. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    If I log in I'll get fucked again somehow.... not sure I wanna risk that TriHard

19. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    You’ll have to log in for me too soonTM

20. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015