1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding events & patches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ayderac, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    1:18 PM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    We got into a discussion about the topic on discord but I figured that a thread would be better.

As being a player that mostly play all kinds of games in cycles the events are really something precious to me. I really enjoy the "never ending cycle" of seasonal events and am sad that they're growing a lot less frequent.

I really appreciate and understand all the hard work everyone on the staff puts in and that the event thing creates a lot of stress and extra work to do. I'm not at all trying to say that you guys are not doing enough. On the contrary!

It's of course a lot of fun when events are fresh and new things come out each one. Personally, I would however prefer that we have a recycled event rather than no event at all. Maybe that something that could be looked into?

If permanent content and updates are taking too much time, whip out an old event that maybe players could be excited about instead? I mean.. We've had 7 years of events so perhaps even some would be nostalgic to people who have played here a long time!

Regarding patches and updates, perhaps you could move away from the patch having to come with the event? Instead take the approach to have events come up when they "should" and patches come approximately when ready. This would hopefully relieve some stress from the staff and not put you in a position where you have to either delay the event or rush the content.

I think that this would create a even more "steady" form of excitement and flavour to the server with patches weaving in between events.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    2:18 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I actually view this from another perspective. I quite appreciate the thought and effort that goes into the 'fresh' events that we get (when we get them). I'd personally rather have exclusively fresh events of high quality than more frequent events that just get rehashed and reused. A case of 'quality over quantity' if you will.

The frequency imho is perfectly fine, it's not like we've missed a noteworthy number of events in favor of balance changes over the past year(s).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I've heard this suggested before, but we cannot rehash 7 years' worth of events. The reason for that is that during those 7 years, we have often changed how our internal structure works. For example, when we say we refactored feature x and y that means any event that made use of the old structures need to be re-coded to meet the new structure. Even last year during the summer event; even though we had some "old" things that were introduced in past events, we had to recode it completely because it was no longer compatible with how our current structure works.

We are still (even literally now) still reconstructing code, and most of the time as soon that is done, older event code in particular is no longer compatible.

However, even if all of that stuff was not the case, most of our staff are heavily against lazily rehashing events. I personally can see both sides of the argument, because not everyone played here for 7 years, for example, so for many other, it could just be new content, where it can only be seen as "rehash" to those that are here the longest.

Either way, I am personally way more bothered by some things that are way for too long infecting this server, and it's about time some gets tackled sooner than later. If that is the cost of having no events for a bit then so be it. However, events are a relaxing period for all of you as much as it's for us at times, so the event will still come as expected.

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    I wish they brought back old event hairs more generously, since many nice hairs were brought out back in the pre-2020 era.

Sure, we have that poll to bring back a hairstyle or two for upcoming events, but it'd be cool if all the event hairs were just available during their respective events.

• Agree Agree x 3