1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove NLC Pots

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Lionheart, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:40 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Actually, the reason you're wrong is because the entire time I've been focusing on those potions that heal percents of HP or MP. I never said anything about removing warrior elixirs. In fact, when someone else said something about this, I said we should buff the archer and thief elixirs to be something more useful and appropriate.

But hey I guess that is what you get for not reading the thread at all...

2. Senpai

Senpai King Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    10:40 PM
    Senpai
    Assassin

I heard from many people saying they are trying to remove the potions from nlc, so i concluded all potions you cant rly blame me for that.. Well as long as the warrior elixirs are not removed the damage will not be that great for warriors BUT there will still be damage.. from what i understand you guys have a problem with clerics in general? So why not focusing in cleric class instead of all classes? Just saying...

Attached Files:

3. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    9:40 PM
    Beginner
    There are though, you are wrong.

4. Senpai

Senpai King Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Senpai
    Assassin
    Where? Can you be more specific? I must be dumb. Enlighten me pls!

5. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    Ciders are a 1 on a stack consumables which give like 16 w.att for... 6 minutes. If I remember correctly. They're better then warrior elixer, however since each Cider takes up 1 Use slot. Not used as often.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Also less acc o.o mabe not good for warriors

7. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You can use a sniper pill after using the cider, and it would negate the penalty. Or get a bless... its so easy to negate, makes me wonder why they even bother...

8. sara

sara Horny Mushroom

Apr 24, 2015
    Female
    3:40 PM
    sara/cuddles
    Bishop
    guys please shut up about attack pots. this thread was made to mainly address the mp recovery because of mage ultimates.

i swear to god the bickering over stupid shit and stupidity in this thread is overwhelming

also, to everyone crying about trolling and stupid replies, its a pretty simple cause and effect. stupid questions get stupid answers. this whole thread is silly. logic incoming..

1) removing or increasing the price of the pots in question would only encourage the leeching style of play that most people who support this idea are against. instead of being able to freely train with friends, mages will almost be required to charge for their ultimates since they will be spending much more meso than normal. lets be honest, no one will stop using mage ultimates.

2) the argument that this "makes the game harder" is just plain moronic. maplestory has never, EVER been a "hard" game. it's always been about how much time you can pour into it, and in GMS's case, how much money. increasing meso cost is not making anything "harder", just changing a few numbers in an otherwise unchanged gameplay.

3) maybe you should look at REWARDING party play, or non-leech play, instead of trying to punish the leechers/leechees. how about suggesting increased spawn based on active party memebers in the map, or maybe increasing bonus exp rewards for active members?

my god this thread is full of cancer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Um MapleF6

10. sara

sara Horny Mushroom

Apr 24, 2015
    Female
    sara/cuddles
    Bishop

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    @sara@sara: It's not a silly or stupid thread. If you think the idea is stupid, it's your own opinion. I've tried to defend it to the best of my ability. But it's no excuse to lash out and insult and belittle people. That isn't cause and effect so much as it is immature people getting angry at a suggestion. There's many people against the idea, but there's also people for it. Some don't even want to post here because they don't want to be flamed.

Also in regards to your other points.

1) The idea is was mainly to help remove mesos from the server to keep economy healthy. But sure, it would also discourage the pure mage ultimate training/leeching. I find the mentality that all other 4th job mage skills are obsolete and worthless to be indicative that something is horribly wrong with the current game design.

2) It's not just moronic. Again you're being quite rude here. Lots of people quit maple Royals because it was too easy. Just keep in mind, the idea here isn't to make the game as hard as Dark Souls or those EMS Supreme Worlds. It's just to actually bring more value to mesos, make people think if now might be a good time to use their ultimate, not just spam spam spam chug spam spam spam.

3) Sure, you come up with a great idea here that can add benefit to the game, but NOT leechers at all. If we increase party bonus exp, we help leechers. But then if we disable that bonus exp when they go idle (as was suggested in another thread), we get people whining that they should be allowed to play however they want. Basically, any time you try to provide someone else a bonus in a MMO, all other people whine because they see it as a penalty to them.

12. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    This is not true, i was playing Mardia when NLC came out and there was no 4th job yet since i was still grinding at voodoo back then at lvl 80 and the 4th job only came out when i was around lvl 95 on that server, so if NLC came out just before they release 4th job we can easily tell why they did released those potion. Removing NLC or NLC pot without removing 4th job too would not be GMS like at all.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Just for reference according to http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStory-Guide-What-Came-When-in-GMS-283.html
    He is correct, NLC came out on patch .40 and 4th job came out on patch .49.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:40 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    People talking about things without even having accurate information. Pls.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  15. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:40 AM
    No matter how stupid a thread may seem to you, please reply intelligently. You don't sound any smarter than the OP if you make sarcastic remarks or posts that lack analysis. If you child asked you stupid questions, would you do the same to him/her as what you post on forums? Write posts like the ones you just did, and not like the ones that had to be deleted.

To everyone else: This mentality is what makes forums (and people) so toxic at times. Please, it's not that hard to keep the forums a condusive discussion platform where people are not afraid to voice their opinions. Just don't be an asshole. If you find that something is silly, ask yourself why it is silly, then spell it out for the people to read rather than make insulting posts that doesn't enlighten or convince your opposition on why their ideas don't work.

• Like Like x 4
  17. sara

sara Horny Mushroom

Apr 24, 2015
    Female
    sara/cuddles
    Bishop
    was my reply not intelligent? or just this segment you quoted?

i was not trying to sound "smarter" than anyone and my post didnt lack analysis. not sure why all of a sudden you think its an intelligence competition.

depending on the age of the child, yes. if there are any 5 year olds posting here i apologize for calling you silly. anyone older than 5, you should be ashamed.

so are you encouraging my post, or discouraging it? i am confused.

or what makes people toxic is suggestions to change things that dont need to be changed, or constant suggestions that aren't great but are entertained anyway. how many people/how many times do we have to say that something is a bad idea or not useful or just plain silly before it is downvoted enough to be closed/deleted? maybe you should put your incredible intelligence into creating this feature for our wonderful forums.

this is an opinion, some would argue that the constant "nerf" requests qualify as such.

i find your post silly. its not helpful, it didnt add anything to the discussion, and it contradicts itself. also, this discussion has gone on far too long to be anything more than a flame war.

18. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Y'know, most of the times these topics aren't closed because they've been "downvoted" so much, but because the majority of the community can't be respectful. You people really shouldn't get so worked up over a suggestion. I don't get it. It's just a game, and if people are so cock-sure they're right, they should have no reason to be upset - especially when they "know" nothing will be changed.

Anyway. I'm wrong too on the matter, since for some reason I thought 4th job came before NLC. It was such a long time ago. Still, I mean, just because Neckson did things a certain way... doesn't mean they were right. I keep saying this is going to help reduce inflation, but you guys keep saying you're barely scraping by as it is. lol

So I guess there's a snowball's chance in Hell even a slight price adjustment will occur. Oh well.
    This thread -> OnionDead

• Like Like x 1
  19. logos

logos Blue Snail

Jun 26, 2015
    Male
    Bob
    Beginner
    Removing NLC pot would probably make thing even harder than they would have been on GMS without NLC.
    I remember back then, before NLC came out, mp pot was expensive, so high lvl mage just went on Ludi PQ and spamming to buy elixir/power elixir. It would cost time and effort, but you would save alot of mesos compare to buying them in shop.
    With a low population, the supply in elixir/power elixir is just not there.

Lionheart, I can see your point that it would reduce inflation, but I look at the big picture(base on my impression) and I don't think it would really make such a difference in inflation on the mid/long term. One of those impression is mid/long term, you will have access to better scrolled equip for cheaper.

If we change the price of those pot as you ask what is the befinit for this server on short/mid/long term?
    At the moment, as I saw Maple in a mage way, what you propose only seem to take thing aways from me and I don't see any benifit.

20. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:40 AM
    The second half of your post that listed logical reasons is the kind that I am encouraging, and not your previous posts that simply made sarcastic remarks. Threads are not an intelligence competition, but it doesn't help if people don't write posts with any attempt at substance or thought. Any suggestion may be toxic or stupid, but there's no need to add fuel to fire by responding with something stupid as well, all you need to do is be confident in your reasoning and lay them out for all to see. If the topic is a poorly thought out one, chances are most other people feel the same and a simple concrete rebuttal is enough to convince players and the staff of its impracticality, no need to go overboard and make the thread starter feel bad and risk putting yourself in a bad light as well. You can alternatively leave the topic alone and let someone else who bothers write a reply to it and like their post to show agreement.

Lionheart has put good effort into defending his stand calmly and properly instead of asking for changes without reasoning. He may or may not be right, but if you disagree, kindly show him due courtesy in responding in a proper manner.

Threads often drag on because of a lot of flame posts inserted in between, and threads are often closed to stop fights rather than closed after sufficient discussion has been carried out. The staff can think for themselves too, so what we want in addition is to hear the opinions (logical, not emotional) of players before we close threads. Keep in mind that winning an argument doesn't mean your ideas will be officially accepted. In any case, we can't take someone seriously if the person constantly hurls insults instead of debating properly.

Ultimately I feel our forum activity also reflects on us as a server-wide community. It's normal to feel that certain suggestions are bad, but the same kind are brought up in other servers and places as well. Wouldn't it be nice if we can distinguish ourselves from the rest by showing the public that we are a mature community who are able to respond to all kinds of suggestions in an appropriate and civil manner? That would leave a better impression on visitors and may just be the thing that entices them to join MapleLegends. I hope we can all work towards building a positive image of our community so that new and old players will feel that, apart from content and gameplay, this is the best place to be for other small reasons.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.