1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove NLC Pots

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Lionheart, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    10:07 AM
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    I see your point Lionheart. I do have some things to say about that though. I don't know if you know how much I spend when I purchase potions on my Arch Mage (Ice Lightning), but I always spend more than I can make because of how much Blizzard cost. Currently one cast of Blizzard cost me 8,000 MP and that is not very cheap. This also goes for warriors too. They spend a hefty amount on potions and barely make enough to get more. If we take out NLC pots and make people look for elixirs and power elixirs, won't this just make another excuse for Magicians to farm something else? I really hope you see my point through and do not flame me like other times because I believe this topic is serious. We MUST address problems like this in order for us to further the server! Thank you for your input!

2. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:07 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I really think the discussion is over. Though I've already said that I think skills like Blizzard should be a drain on your wallet. You trade off heavy pot burn for extremely fast leveling. And when you're low on money, you need to rely on your other skills.

That said, I find it interesting that you seem to imply once elixirs and power elixirs become important again, it'll be a place where magicians will shine because they're so good at farming, right? So magician ends up paying more for their ultimates, but they can also collect elixirs the fastest... huh, I don't see a problem there.

3. DontStop

DontStop Red Snail

Jun 12, 2015
    Male
    9:07 AM
    Stop
    Hermit
    Majestic
    Isn't that almost the same thing as leeching? If you want the fastest exp then you burn through your wallet. If you don't want to spend 5m+ per hour then you have to resort to super slow training.

4. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    What about the other classes?

5. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon

Bishop here, In about 4 hours of leeching I'm able to gather maybe 70 elixirs if i lucky. For 4 hours of leeching I use around 3.4k roots. Do you see the problem there? Lol. Addressing something you said previously about people scraping by. Prior to 4th job (and I mean literally until 120) I was always on the edge of going broke. For a preist after GS2 the potburn is insane, no matter where you go you're going to spend upwards of 3m+ an hour for pots. Considering the majority of players aren't 4th job yet and the majority of players aren't rich I'd say (speaking for the priests) it should've be hard to imagine that they're barely scraping by when NLC pots become viable for them.

6. logos

logos Blue Snail

Jun 26, 2015
    Male
    Bob
    Beginner
    The diffrence is against boss, mage are one of the weakest class.
    Make mage stronger against boss and I will agree with you on nerfing their ultimate or making it much much more expensive.

7. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    No, not really. When you're leeching you aren't really playing the game. When you're a mage using skills like Blizzard, you're actually leveling up through your character's own power, not simply by hanging on a rope and getting credit for kills through some bizarre mechanics of "ok well you're on the same map, so I guess that means you put in effort to kill the mob."

What would be a more accurate comparison is when you go some place to try to power level when you aren't quite the level you should be. You'll burn through a massive amount of pots, but still get better % an hour.

As I've already said a million times over, they wouldn't be affected nearly as much, if at all. Thief and archer classes don't have nearly enough HP to be using honsters safely and efficiently. And a 4th job warrior will never use mana bulls. Worst thing that happens to them is they lose their honsters. It's a bit of a hit, but not nearly as much as to the mages. Ginseng root and ginger ale aren't even too useful for anyone except mages because the other classes don't need to take care of both HP and MP bars just to survive. Then there's sorcerer elixirs, which I'd say also need a price change. Of course, mages end up using those first, but archers and thieves will I think around 8x or 9x...

Anyway, I realize warriors can burn through lots of HP pots, but again, it's all your style and manner of training. Do you piss off every monster and lure them to the other end of the platform before starting to kill them? It's more MP efficient, probably a bit more time efficient too, but you take far more hits than if you mobbed a bit more conservatively.

Considering elixirs drop from many other mobs, especially lower level mobs and are given out in bundles from party quests, no, I don't really see a problem. It means you could find these potions from other players.

Also, I don't see how you're going broke unless you're powerleveling places you probably aren't ready for. For instance, black kents? lv 1xx priest should have no problem tanking the kents without MG with their defensive skills. Heck, if you even had invested in some HP gears, you could probably even tank himes without MG...

8. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    You said previously mages can farm elixirs the fastest, implying we can do so because of are ultimates, you do understand that those cost hefty amounts of mana right? even while training at skeles my MP goes down a lot quicker a than my HP, using pet pot I always get healed because my MP drops lower than 60% before my HP so itll be the same amount of pot usage anywhere I go. So the mob which the elixirs drop from are irrelevant since I'm not potting for HP.

But I do see your point with PQs this could open up a market for other players to money but I still don't agree.

I left GS at 95 to go train at himes which are level 95, between how much mobs hit and the fact that crow is there you have to use a lot of pots, again around 3-4m an hour. A good alternative to himes is Grim Phantom Watches in ludi, the give a little less exp but no crow. Still the same amount of pot burn. After 120 when you have a viable way to make money it's not that big of an issue but how many hours is it In between 95-120 now multiply that by 3-4m. It's pricy no matter how you look at it.

9. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'm not saying mages are good at farming items just because of their ultimates. Just saying that because everyone else screams bloody murder it's not fair to add gash items to mob drops because mages are best at farming!

OnionWhatever

I dunno, I guess that is probably true even 2nd and 3rd job, depending on type of mage an monsters what with their teleport and aoe skills. But that does mean if you wanted to farm items, you have to leave your hot leveling spots.

Still, on another low rate server, I knew plenty of priests that trained easily no problems after 9x and made money doing it. You just have to go to the right places. And maybe have HP gear if you can't survive 1 hit. It really isn't that hard.

10. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    5:07 PM
    I feel sorry for your kids.
    That's definitely not the right way to raise a kid SlimeConfused

11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:07 PM
    Moderator Post
    If the OP says the discussing is over than its time to close it.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.