1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Platforms From Forest of Dead Trees / Coolie Zombies

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by p3rsonman, Sep 13, 2020.

1. p3rsonman

p3rsonman Mano

Jun 4, 2018
    Male
    3:36 PM
    Resta
    Bishop
    When I think back to my time playing GMS I remember the Zombie maps being flat, making them great places to level from your late 2nd job to early 3rd job. The current layout, requiring players to climb ropes on multiple platforms, really slows down the exp potential from what it could be.

This flat type of map layout can be seen here, for example.

I think implementing this change would make Coolie Zombies a far more popular grinding spot and would relieve some of the overcrowding on other maps.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    2:36 PM
    I miss grinding those old zombie maps. Last time i played original maple was when everyone 50+ was at those maps.

3. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:36 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    The reason why such annoying platform has been made, is,
    Dead mine was considered "best end-game grinding spot" in KMS when nath is just been released.
    and as always, so many botters 24/7ed that map. (usually clerics and sins)
    to prevent botters, KMS updated Riche, and platforms, traps.

Pretty sure GMS followed that step also and it's before v62. as ML imported v62 map layout, it's post-update.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    5:36 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    It's only a good grinding spot for clerics though, who already level pretty quick. Heal grinding at dead trees just isn't part of the v62 meta. It was changed in KMS/GMS long before then because it was considered OP at the time.
    I'm also pretty sure no one is going to bother climbing all the way through nath mountains to get here when they can take a subpar ghost ship map much faster and for probably better experience even if dead trees was made flat again. I'm not saying changing the map design is a bad idea or anything, but I really doubt doing so would change the meta to what is nostalgic for you

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:36 PM
    Moderator Post
    I never really mind making dead maps less dead, so I will look into what they changed exactly and discuss the necessary things of course.

However, we do make use of the anti-bot-mobs, and I think the old versions didn't had those reactors yet?

6. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    not sure in GMS, but in KMS, Riche acted properly from when he comes out, as anti-bot monster.
    (get only miss/kick user unless he/she does proper works-drop zombie teeth on tomb, and breaking box)

when dead mine came out, there was no anti-bot riche and also no trap, only flat platform. Riche and traps are added later. pretty sure this is before v62.

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:36 PM
    Moderator Post
    Yeah I am talking about a flat version of map with the reactors (teeth stuff) and riche, but I don't think that exists, which could be a problem since we make use of Riche.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Just childhood dusted memory so can be wrong, but riche and reactor, platforms are implemented at same time.
    So sadly, there isnt flat map+riche+reactor map wz file unless someone twicked it and released :(

Also, the reason why dead mines were popular in KMS was, we had no singapore area. In ML, we have. Honestly i doubt even if staff team make dead mine flat and remove annoying stuffs, it'll be great again as non-singa old day MS was.

No. Dont remove riche i need his card set lol

9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    2:36 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'm wondering if there could be a healthy in-between, where maps 1-2 use Riche so people can still collect monster cards, while maps 3-4 are changed to its original flat surface for more optimized grinding. If I remember correctly, map 4 was the best for solo training, while map 3 was a bit longer and promoted duo party play. Both were still flat maps.

In all iterations, I believe there were traps on each end of the map that would teleport you to a platform. This could be one way to limit mindless botting, if that is a big issue.

Also, I disagree with the argument that people won't travel to El Nath to grind there. People travel to Ludi to grind at Platoon/Master Chronos. People also travel all the way to El Nath to purchase Zhelms at level 50. With the use of Priest's Mystic Door, you can teleport sub-level 50 clerics into Zombies maps for them to grind.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    4:36 PM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    A quirk with a door to Zakum is that a person could just change channel once to get thrown out of the deep mines, and change channel again to get thrown into the Forest of Dead Trees! Talk about multipurpose doors! MapleF2