1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove purple capes from the "Legendary" item pool in Gachapon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nightz, Jul 1, 2021.

Remove them?

1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    90.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:02 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I noticed that it seems like there no longer is any yellow text when receiving a purple cape which should technically mean it's an item not deemed on the same rarity as their respective counterparts

With white scrolls and Chaos scrolls on the constant rise I'd like to suggest removing both purple capes from the Legendary tier in Gachapon and move them down. This could potentially also help with the ongoing slow and steady rise of Chaos/White scrolls.
    upload_2021-7-1_22-11-18.png

These capes are near useless to obtain and their value is disproportional compared to the other options getting one feels almost as bad as a 1 ATT PAC. I'd love to hear some input from people on this suggestions and what the potential complications are of doing this going forward.

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    9:02 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Yes. The announcement is like a slap in the face. It is regarded as a trash item and including it in the low chance of rolling a legendary item sucks.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. codiacs

codiacs Horny Mushroom

May 5, 2020
    Codiacs
    Shadower
    Nani
    This should definitely be implemented.

The only drawback I can see is some people claiming it wouldn't be "gms-like", or unnostalgic. In which case a solution could be to make it still announce it as a yellow ticket but to increase the odds of pulling it to the other consolation prizes instead of making it a whitescroll tier item.

Maybe we could also consider removing 1, 2 (and maybe even 3wa) pacs from out the legendary pools, since their value is also very low. Many players just buy a clean 1/2wa pink cape early on and use it as a placeholder cape until late game, since they're practically worthless, which makes it odd for them to be in the same pool as ws/cs/4wa clean capes

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Only problem with removing the low att pacs I can see is that you'll ruin the Pink cape market too much by giving people good odds on higher att ones. Nostalgia wise I think we are way past that point with most changes that have been made such as the most recent and controversial meso looting. From what I heard you also already don't get a yellow text on the Purple capes anymore so that already isn't "Nostalgic"

My suggestion is quite rough and my main concern would be the pink cape market which might tank too much once purple is no longer in this pool, who knows?

5. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I think I saw a purple cape announcement just a few days ago. But since the are irrelevant items in our server they really should be removed or downgraded.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I like the bad RNG people get on this

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    4:02 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    What if you give these capes extra slots or more magic to make them better than the crimson heart cloak so that they're actually endgame mage capes and fit in the legendary category?

• Creative Creative x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    6:02 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Honestly I like the endgame cape being earnable endgame and not just something from gacha but more magic attack on those capes would be cool too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Confirmed it is still announcing it upload_2021-7-1_21-42-26.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Thank you! I stand corrected, it only seems to be the case for the raffle.

11. HeartOfGold

HeartOfGold Red Snail

Mar 31, 2020
    HeartOfGold
    Hermit
    I second this idea. Its kinda sad that PUGC has a higher level req. than its PUAC counterpart and even then... getting a PUAC as a legendary pull is quite underwhelming already..

It'd be nice if we can have some tweaks to PUAC to make it somewhat more relevant...

1) More upgradeable slots (6-7) or
    2) Better base stats (7-9) or
    3) Lowering the level requirement (lv~40?) or
    4) Option to trade-in PUGC (or any legendary-tier capes) to an NPC for a guaranteed reward (or a random reward) such as Rare-gacha/ golden event ticket-APR or
    5) Or like do something creative like... remove all of the PUGC stats and slots and give it some cool unique passive like boost magic attack of the character equipping it by a certain %... (similar to how ele wands boost its respective magic elemental attacks)
    ^ 5) is just for the lulz

We need to make some of the legendary pool prizes more relevant XD

12. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Maybe they can just throw a bunch of INT on it so mages and sweaty washers would actually consider using it for something

13. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Ever since that forum thread about a possible new coin system came out prices are looking a bit better with people anticipating a system that's months away.
    upload_2021-7-21_10-58-43.png

Oh wait, these are not WS prices!? that's right it's Chaos scrolls on the run..

[​IMG]

Whilst this is my own post, I really think something along these lines should seriously be considered even as just a temporary band-aid until changes are in effect.

I don't know the exact rates of WS/CS vs Purple capes but surely it should help us slightly bringing the prices down to a somewhat more acceptable rate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    9:02 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I dont think this is really about the price of CS/WS.

But getting a purple cape on a yellow line, and ppl gratz you....it is like toxic funny.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    The worst offender is getting a 1 att PAC and people toxic congratzing you. At least with purple capes, they can sell for a couple of millions worst case scenario.