1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Removed Sacks?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Aero, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:26 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I hear black sacks got removed.

Why?... removing them now absolutely gives people who already have them an advantage, which I thought we didn't want here.

If it was due to players being killed by them, welcome to nostalgia. This is supposed to be as GMS-like as possible. For me, this absolutely ruins a part of the nostalgia.

Sure, it can be considered a "Dick move" but common, you might as well remove all black sacks / the defame option, because you can remove something someone has worked for with the click of a button.

---

If I heard wrong and it hasn't been removed, my bad. Delete this.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    11:26 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Yes black sacks have been removed from GPQ.

Nostalgia is one thing but when players quit because people decide to spawn rogs in the first instructor map for every class on EVERY channel stopping players from advancing then this is what happens. Not to mention that they were spawned on every channel at GS2 on the stairs and on the spawn point of lith harbor.

You may not like, blame your peers who ruined it for you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    5:26 PM
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    Its not because someone got killed but because people were summoning Jr. Balrogs at 1st job places in literally every channel and even Lith Harbor.

4. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    -- ok fair point.

Fuck you peers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Sorry for the double post but I forgot to add that the amount of meso gain the players with the remaining black sacks will have is stupid.

You are indirectly rewarding the players who are the reason it was removed. ^^

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Moofin

Moofin Orange Mushroom

Jul 22, 2015
    Moofin
    Shadower
    Divine
    Is there a way to make sacks not work on certain maps (job instructors and Lith harbor for example)? Similar to how they do not work in the free market.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:26 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Why? Because even a decade after this game has been released, some people haven't grown up in the slightest and think it's ok to ruin everyone else's fun for a few petty laughs.

And what advantage are we talking about anyway? Griefing players for shits and giggles? Did they add a ranking for douchiness on their website somewhere on the leap update?

This is why I am firmly against the argument "let's do this because that's how it was in GMS" and no other good reason is put forth aside from muh nostalgia. GMS was also filled with hackers, dupers, and glitch exploiters. Shall we make all of that legal too to make the game more GMS-like? Lets throw out the whole voting system and make people pony up cash for NX points! Let's also eventually do the big bang patch and add miracle cubes and potential!

The way some people behave on this game, it certainly seems like if there's any possible way to grief another player, it will have to be removed when a certain someone abandons all reason and morality and takes it too far.

But it most certainly is a dick move. Actually it's worse. What does one get from griefing so thoroughly that players cannot get their first and second job advancements? To the one who did this: why? Does it make you feel high and mighty? Does it make you feel special? Will all your friends think you are cool? Wait, you probably don't have friends.

Maybe it can be considered a reward to people for not being jerkasses, since they actually kept their sacks without opening them and killing a bunch of newbies?

Actually, I have a suggestion. How about we bring back black sacks, but we ban those who abuse them? Of course, it makes one think how you could actually use a sack without "abusing" it. Killing botters when @gm doesn't work?

• Like Like x 7
  8. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    90% of this was already answered by a GM, but thanks for the effort.

9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I gave it a second chance with lowered rates but after one day literally every single CH and every Job advancement was full of balrogs, which totally made it impossible to job advance as Warrior or Thief (stairs), I was done for it (I know who did them btw).

This is not mentioned yet that LPQ, KPQ got summons as well.

Yes, we can restrict maps, but the core problem stays: people use them to kill people which causes drama. Even if restricts get added, people will still use them to kill other in training maps, and killing people is not what MapleLegends is about, nor is drama. Killing 100 people in GMS may was fun, but MapleLegends is not big enough for this "nostalgia", therefore using sacks to kill 1 person is often seen as direct harassments.

This is an identical thing what happened when they were removed from LMPQ drops.

They will not come back.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Hello KimberlyKimberly <3, When you say "not big enough for this nostalgia" wouldn't this be the same as accessibility to white scrolls/pacs... I remember them not being as rare as they currently are on maplelegends. I have not seen one white scroll since April 3rd, I have only "heard" of 2 being obtained within a 7 month period.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:26 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    KimberlyKimberly: Are you saying that after you brought sacks back with lowered rates, someone still managed to collect over 20 sacks in about a day or two?? How is this possible? It makes me think that the rumors of duping being possible in the server are true.

Also, what do you think of the idea of having sacks but punishing harassers? I think there's a few ways sacks could be used for fun (like honest playful fun, not griefing) or maybe killing rule violators, but that's probably about it.

12. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I am not giving names, but there was a group of people that shared sacks with each other to drop them in job advance maps, that's how.

13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Missed this post. I find it pretty poor to bring up Gach again after it was already announced they will be tweaked next rev. Also, white scrolls are horrible anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    How.. ;-; they are beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    :cry: I'm just a player that wants to reach end game content.... white scrolls can help me with my end game damage :cry: after all... whats the point of leveling if not to achieve these goals?

16. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    LMFAOOOO I'm fucking dying.
    Whoever did that should get a prize.

• Like Like x 2
  17. rajuncajun

rajuncajun Orange Mushroom

Jun 20, 2015
    8:26 AM
    Beginner
    I missed summoning sacks oh well I only got one black sack, cant you just make it an even lower drop rate and make the bags untradeable just like this quest ones.

18. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    Why would you remove such a small funny feature from the game?

Do people really whine about these sacks? You could've made them more rare, untradable, or not being able to be used in channel 4. Or maybe discuss and vote with the community what could be done with them.
    So many options, but you choose to just remove them outright. Maplestory already has zero options to interact in terms of pvp or damage with other players. This one feature is always funny to use with friends and have a laugh. And the people that are really serious about not being killed can just afk in FM or any of the other maps that have them disabled.

But seriously, just make them untradable and rare. I remember it was a pretty rare reward from the event quest. Leave it in there.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    I agree with GangGang here. There's many ways to make it more beginner-friendly as well as fun for those that use them. For example, make them unusable in channel 4 as he said. People wouldn't go wasting all their sacks on it anymore, so you'd have a decrease in sacks used in e.g. the first job place. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one that if I found one when trying to do 1st job advancement, I'd have a good laugh and it would only encourage me to keep playing.

There has to be a middle way, since right now, there's only two extremes being shown here. Keeping them as it is isn't good, but removing them entirely isn't good either. Other options could be (some have been named):
    • Make one channel sack-free.
    • Make them unusable in certain maps.
    • Make the abuse of them bannable.
    • Make dead people respawn in different locations in the map.
    • Make certain maps so that you can't be killed/take damage in them (so they're essentially Zoo Balrogs).
    • Make them untradeable and, worst case scenario, have an alternative map where you can get 1st job advancement that only Beginners can enter.
    So many alternatives. Mix them up, lower droprates of sacks, do something, but don't remove them.

EDIT: We have a Market button. Even with those changes in place, there will be Balrogs but people can at least go to the FM and ask if someone can kill it for them. Chances are someone will; any LV. 70+ can kill them easily, and a 100+ will nearly one shot them anyway.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    OnionMercyWhy, WhyyyyyyyOnionMercy

Thread Status: