1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Removed Sacks?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Aero, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    2:37 PM
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    The weakest argument I've seen so far. Sure, let's remove them because they don't add anything.

This should really be formatted as an opinion if you want it to make sense, and it doesn't seem like that is the case. If we think about it like this we can remove alot of things from the game. Just because something doesn't add anything to your experience of gameplay doesn't mean that is the case for everyone.

To give a good example, this really reminds me of the defame issue. When you mass defame someone its a bannable act in this server. Does that mean the entire fame system should be removed? No. It's still a fun system for alot of people. Collecting fame and honoring the people you respect with a small point of fame is just a small cool thing people don't want removed.

And I don't see why the sacks wouldn't work the same way. Apart from all the possible solutions that make such abuse of sacks impossible, you can punish the people that abuse the system. The same way as you do when people mass defame or spam chat.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    Maple0033.jpg

Just an other day in the life of Losj. They try so hard...

Don't worry low level players it is not just you they are after ;)

• Like Like x 9
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:37 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The fame system is both a positive and a negative. You can give tiny and rather insignificant rewards to other players "just because it's cool". On the other hand, yes there is mass defaming, but the effect of such just doesn't really do anything.

Sacks on the other hand are almost entirely a negative. It's either some high level picking on newbies, or someone trying to kill someone else for whatever reason. As kimberly said, it's just a bunch of drama. And we don't need that.

I think there may be a middle ground somewhere in between here... but it still will involve punishing those who abuse sacks or severely limiting them. For instance, sacks allowed on every channel but one? What do you think will happen? There will still be those who abuse as much as they can. I imagine everyone who doesn't want to deal with this horseshit will move to the sack-free channels. That then becomes the bullies pushing nice people out of their training spots.

I think that if a person summons monsters, they shouldn't be allowed to leave the map until those monsters are dead. Think twice before you summon The Boss! Maybe what we can also do is keep track of what players are killed by summoned monsters, linking them back to the summoner. Then jail time and bans can start being handed out if it starts getting excessive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    9:37 AM
    Redwine
    CIRCUS

you voted for obama didn't you? MapleF5

• Like Like x 1
  5. plnko

plnko Orange Mushroom

Sep 2, 2015
    6:37 AM
    Warrior
    In that case, kimberly should add whitescrolls <3

6. Nave

Nave Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Zane
    Reformed
    mang i tried soo hard but losj 2 smart for me. i will keel u all KappaHD

7. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    U gonne dupe some sacks? PogChamp

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nave

Nave Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Zane
    Reformed
    only if u can give me some of ur berserk30 PJSalt.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    1:37 PM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    This sums it up pretty well.

10. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    I don't understand as to why people get so salty over the use of black sacks.

Perhaps the people who don't enjoy the use of them are just salty in general, live a little, don't be so serious all the time.

I can understand someone's frustration at trying to job advance and there being a Balrog spawned in all channels, but if that person were to click one button (trade) and visit the FM and say "Can anyone kill the Balrog for me please?" then I have no doubt that someone here, in this lovely community, would be willing to help.

If on the odd chance there is no-one in FM (or no one high enough level to help), then they could always just use @GM and have a GM kill it for them.

In regards to people AFKing, those AFKing in towns only loose 1%(?), why not just remove the XP loss in towns completely? When else are you going to be dying in towns, except for summoning sacks? It would make it a lot easier to code and implement as well.

Then, people cannot be salty about 'dying' - even dying now, 1% isn't much... 1% of the XP needed to level at 170 is approx. 3,4m XP, which is less than 380 Skelegon kills.

Honestly, I can't see why they're being removed, except for the benefit of an extremely sensitive few.

• Like Like x 4
  11. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    8:37 AM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Just gonna hit you on a thing real quick. 10% at 155+ is 1 hr. 1% is 10 mins. Or in your leeching case approximately 15-20 mins. Dont say shit about exp when you dont even gain your own exp.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Honestly I've never used any of these monster stacks to kill other people, only to kill it myself and get free EXP. Although I understand how it can be frustrating for people to keep dying to monster sacks just because someone is trying to kill your fun or raise theirs.
    I don't think it's necessary to remove them completely (still I don't care if they stay removed), but if majority of the players here want them back, they have a voice and that should be listened to.
    There's enumerous ways to fix this abusive spawning of sacks, I'll just name the best options:
    . Remove EXP loss from dying to any monster sack
    . Make monster sacks with timers to be killed (10-20 minutes) they disappear automatically if not killed.

Either way, I'm fine with it, I don't play that much anyways, rarely logging and just for chatting, peace~

• Like Like x 1
  13. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    Thanks for the info and for backing up what I stated earlier.

As I said, loosing 1% is no big deal.

14. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    8:37 AM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Oh you shouldnt know. You dont even grind your own exp.

15. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    Oh my.

So you're assuming that I don't put any time and effort into grinding exp?

Of course while I'm leeching, I don't grind, why should I?

I'm paying mesos for the leech at the end of the day, is there any point in paying to grind? MapleF6

Mesos, which I've clearly grinded for in order to get, bare that in mind.

I don't mind grinding for hours on end, however I find it more profitable to farm for mesos and to merch, than to solely grind.

Please don't be so mad. :yay:

• Like Like x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Hi dom :) - the black sack part

+1 btw

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  17. kirbz

kirbz Pink Teddy

Jun 14, 2015
    Male
    6:37 AM
    Kirby
    Shadower
    Aloha
    B>black sack OnionBlush

In all seriousness though, like what bulba said (you can't advance as thief or warrior) is probably 90% the reason they are removed

18. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    And there's a million and 18 ways of changing it so you can job advance and that others can enjoy the use of Black Sacks. If that's the actual reason... Oh boy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    OnionF4OnionF4

20. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:37 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Only reason all those level 10 players couldn't job advance is because they are too casual and didn't hp wash enough KappaPride
    #Returnofblacksacks

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.