1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh Returning to Login screen spontaneously (Disconnection)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Calamity, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Ronlee

Ronlee Snail

Apr 17, 2017
    Male
    6:08 AM
    Ronlee
    Fighter
    this exactly, it happens to me when im on a map with monsters specially, need to log on like 6 times and pray for dont be dc, i play on windows 10, if theres another player in the map that i appear i dont get dced i think, this never happened on fm or towns, just maps with monsters...its maddening

2. OP
    OP
    Calamity

Calamity King Slime

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    6:08 PM
    DragonAce86
    Dragon Knight
    Ohana
    Hi Staff,

I'm not sure what you guys have been doing behind the scenes, but it appears that after one of the maintenances (too many, can't tell) you had back then, the problem seems to have stopped for me.

Or maybe it's because I'm past the level for LPQ. At least I got my (broken) Broken Glasses right? *cries*

Since then, I can now summon my pet safely, and LMPQ works perfectly fine (though I don't play on it much).

If someone is still having the problem, then it means that I am lucky and I hope you recover soon. In any case, thank you staff for your efforts!

3. Chesong

Chesong Slime

Aug 22, 2017
    Male
    Boston
    Moonhead
    Cleric
    Hi all, I've been using a mac for the past 3 days and had no problems. (I've tried equipping an event tube - I saw this comment somewhere)
    But that doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist for Mac users.

Do you mind posting your setup? (Not claiming the d/c issues are because of your setup)
    What operating system are you using?: (i.e: Sierra, Mountain Lion)
    What year is your mac?: (i.e: Mid 2015)
    Memory Ram?: (i.e: 8GB, 16GB)

Hopefully we can take this step by step and fully diagnosis the problem.

4. OP
    OP
    Calamity

Calamity King Slime

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    DragonAce86
    Dragon Knight
    Ohana
    Like I said the problem on my end has been resolved (or minimised due to low activity), but if it helps anybody:

macOS Sierra (10.12.6)
    MacBook Pro 2016, 8GB RAM

5. Chesong

Chesong Slime

Aug 22, 2017
    Male
    Boston
    Moonhead
    Cleric
    Do you mind telling the rest of the people what fixed the problem?

6. OP
    OP
    Calamity

Calamity King Slime

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    DragonAce86
    Dragon Knight
    Ohana
    Nothing fixed it, as far as I know the maintenance fixed it for me.

And given how silent the thread is it's probable that it's also fixed for them already, in which case y'all are invited to mention it please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Calamity

Calamity King Slime

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    DragonAce86
    Dragon Knight
    Ohana
    Hello, sorry for the bump after three months, but it appears that the issue may be occurring again.
    For me, while I am no longer doing PQs, I am facing random spikes of lag similar to mentioned above: I would be unable to perform any actions while still being able to watch others attack or talk. In most cases, I recover back to normal within a full minute, but I occasionally experience disconnections as a result.

One common thing is that there needs to be someone with me. Guess this means having a social life in Maple isn't exactly a good thing now. Extra elements like pets seem to have no effect as I haven't bothered reviving my current pet since it expired (in September?)

I have noticed several other people, including guildmates, (whom I did not have before) disconnecting the same way nowadays, whether while killing Scar, training, or sitting in FM. I've also heard that the DDOS is still happening (but on a smaller scale) so this may somehow be a part of it.

8. kourt

kourt Red Snail

Nov 6, 2017
    Female
    kourt
    Cleric
    Honor
    this is exactly what has been happening to me! i placed a thread up for help a few weeks again and received no reply so i thought i was the only one who is experiencing this problem until i stumbled upon your post!

you've described my problem down to the smallest details. i'm currently at level 48, still LPQ-ing and facing the same problem you faced.

I'm using a:

MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)
    2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor
    Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

9. risse

risse Mano

Jul 12, 2017
    Female
    germany
    12:08 PM
    Risse
    Cleric
    Olympo
    Been encountering the same issue, but mine is worse I guess. I return to the log in screen as soon as I select my character on the log in page. On the rare occasion that I can get pass the log in page, i will dc, and after that, it appears that I'm still online on buddy and guild list, even after 80+ hours of dcing - doesn't matter if I have already offed my mac, or even deleted the game from it

Hopefully it'd be better with this patch

10. OP
    OP
    Calamity

Calamity King Slime

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    DragonAce86
    Dragon Knight
    Ohana
    I think that one is a different issue, at least from what I've heard. And the patch also includes the fix for it (I'm 1 hour late I know)

It's also happening (or 'happened') more frequently than the issue I mentioned (or maybe because it's reported more as it's *a lot* more annoying)

11. chlp17

chlp17 Snail

Nov 30, 2017
    Female
    zelda
    Magician
    Hi can someone help me? I can log in, select server and character but it always returns me to my game screen with "Server can't connect at the moment". I am using a MacIntosh and my patch was working fine about 1 week ago. I have tried restarting my computer as well and nothing has worked and I can't play.

12. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    I do encounter the same issue as you. Hopefully they get to have a fix to it. I always freeze and DC in zakum or LPQ. Other than that i have no issues elsewhere.

13. infoplzhehe

infoplzhehe Slime

Dec 14, 2017
    Female
    donthaveone
    Beginner
    I'm on windows 8.1 and the game just randomly shuts down and sends me to the desktop once an hour..

14. ponpondonuts

ponpondonuts Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    Female
    8:08 PM
    Bishop, Bowmaster
    Hello, happy new year y'all!

Unfortunately, I've been having a similar problem (again). It's slightly different though, because it only applies to one of my characters. The problem is momentarily fixed when I switch Internet networks, but sooner or later, the problem pops out again. SlimeCry It's strange though, because all of the Internet connections are working fine (I can surf the net, watch Youtube videos, log into my other character etc), it's just my cleric that doesn't work. I've dc-ed in Sleepywood, FM, and LPQ several times now so I don't think the activity of the map is the problem ...? I've put up a Character Issue thread as well but I've not received a reply yet SlimeSweat2

Will update if it somehow works again ~

Note: I'm using a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro, running on macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), with a memory RAM of 8GB. (Old, I know but there aren't any major issues except for mapling on my cleric SlimeXD)

15. twoFour

twoFour Mano

Nov 24, 2017
    twoFour
    Bishop
    I'm still facing similar issues, and hence I am unable to go bossing at all since it is considered an "activity-high" area.. Have anyone been able to identify any fix so far? Any help is much appreciated!!

16. tinusterror

tinusterror Orange Mushroom

Oct 24, 2017
    Male
    The netherlands
    tinusTTerror
    I/L Wizard
    horny
    yea got a lot of dc's too and im on windows7, first i lag extremely, and get send to login page, and after 3x that or something maple dc's totaly
    very annoying since it happens like every 5 min, but strangely it doesnt happen when i play in the morning, only afternoon and evening

17. TomFord

TomFord Slime

Sep 11, 2017
    Male
    TomFord
    I'm still experiencing this error. Any ideas how to solve this issue?
    KimberlyKimberly Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

18. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    I can not speak directly for MAC users, but if you are available to try any of these steps, I advise it.

For Windows users experiencing this, especially Windows 10 users try turning off a lot of the computers built in security functions.

Disabling your firewalls, and turning off any antivirus/Windows defender. I advise Mac users to try this also. Then see if the lag/disconnects continue. If they do, with you new settings, try a fresh reinstall.

Windows defender actually can mess with the installation since the new Windows update.

I hope this helps some and I hope disabling some security features aids Mac users. If not, I believe a patch is following the Christmas event ending tomorrow, so maybe that will correct some issues.