1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Revert the increased NT mob drop rates, at least in NTPQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blu301, May 29, 2020.

1. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    10:29 AM
    So does anyone want to buy coin service?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    5:29 PM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    I'll resign my role as non-official NT representative and step out for LiquidOozeLiquidOoze.
    I'll be free to man the position of his own secretary whenever MapleF3
    My salary could be 1 Sigma/day; no RWT ofc.
    Payment upfront no delays.
    Can skip paying my salary by simply buffing NT Bosses' drops POG

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. ePyro

ePyro Slime

Feb 20, 2018
    Male
    Epyro
    F/P Mage
    Agape
    Add Taunt to the NTPQ Farming and its way more busted, the other maps outside NTPQ are fine, as Blue said those are NOT grind friendly. Buffing coins is the worse idea at this point, its the only thing stopping more weapons into the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    8:29 AM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    I agree with what most people have said but just wanted to add perspective on other NT maps that aren't NTPQ as I've been grinding them post-buff for coins.

Before the buff both the Eruwater and the 1st NT map were really bad. Basically you were almost always going neg(maybe even if you were lucky) on pots and both drops and exp were terrible. So after 7+ hours of grinding at a spot making little to no money and 30-50% of your regular experience you got to craft 1 weapon (and likely would have to spend 60m on the etcs on top of all that).

Post buff these maps became much more worth it to farm as you actually get enough drops to make some money and make the grind not absolutely horrendous. Even with these buffs I barely see anyone besides myself farming them. I think reverting the drop rate buff on these maps specifically would be a mistake.

Now with all that being said I will say this: even though the drop rate of crafting materials from these maps (eruwater specifically since the 1st map drops the bad etcs) isn't THAT high it is high enough to supply the market with more etcs then they have coins to spend. Over a long period of time even if they nerf NTPQ this will drive down the prices.

So what's the best solution? I'm not sure, but I don't think NT maps should go back to what they were before - useless garbage hate your life coin farms.

There are only so many high level maps available and I think trying to make NT maps not garbage is a step in the right direction. I'm just not sure this solution 100% fixes that problem. Ideally they would give high level players a reason to go there so they aren't stuck at 5-6, 7F (maybe oblivion) until the end of time with no alternatives. It seems almost impossible to make them EXP viable so increasing the drop rate makes sense, I just wish it didn't come at the cost of directly hurting the already bad boss drop rates.

Edit: I think a possible solution would be nerfing the crafting etcs drop rates back to what they were but increasing the coin rates. Maybe instead of 1 coin per mob buff it to 2-3. Maybe don't include NTPQ since that might break it. Farmers would be happy since they are getting more of what they actually want and bossers would be happy because demand for the ETCs would increase. Someone like me could actually farm coins and provide a crafting service to other players much easier. Although with so many etcs already injected into the market this might be hard to do now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    7:29 AM
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    I ran 10 ntpqs and nothing.. not even 1 energizer. Am I cursed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Instead of just buffing the drops and calling it a day, maybe it would be better to actually look at the maps and fix what makes them terrible in the first place https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/nt-training.28140/. Lowering the accuracy of NT mobs' ailments is definitely much appreciated, but increasing spawn on maps that warrant it would be much better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Hello I figured I might as well continue logging the drops because why the hell not. I'm now up to 10 total NTPQ runs since the droprate buff (cleared archer and bucc today :D). In this span I've gotten 6 sigma plants and 5 saint stones. pog

upload_2020-5-30_22-41-53.png

That's gotta be ridiculous right? Also, in ~30 minutes at eruwaters I got a super snowboard and an omega plant *________*

upload_2020-5-30_22-42-35.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    I haven't been recording other drops but Ima start doing that. Since the droprate buff, seems like I usually get around ~1 equip and energizer in a pair of runs

Day 6 of NTPQ runs -

1 sigma plant, 2 energizers, 1 gach, 1 blue arnah shoe

In 12 total runs, I've gotten 7 sigma plants and 5 saint stones - one or the other each run.

9. mathijs2000

mathijs2000 Mushmom

Sep 4, 2016
    4:29 PM
    Night Lord
    GoedVerhaal
    Maybe they should make the boy no longer immortal, you literally cant fail the pq unless you run out of time. which shouldnt be a problem because the drop rate of energy transmitters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    10:29 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    yall seem very experienced in running NT and over quite awhile now, how about to those who've yet to bathe in this spree of crafting material drops? would love to see their opinions as well, since it may come across as such to them:
    "hey u benefited from these crafting drop buff, got ur gear and wanna nerf it back, to again increase the material price back up to profit from sales/ higher priced crafted weapons".

11. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    12 runs, 0 energizers 0 mats

I may just be cursed at this point though.

The majority of people seem to be getting a lot so I'm all in for the nerf.

Buff regular drops and materials (just slightly for materials) in bosses.

update: 14 runs and 1 energizer \o/

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Day 7, aka 14 runs in - today I got 2 sigma plants, 1 saint stone, 1 energizer, 1 gach.

In total, 9 sigma plants and 6 saint stones so far. smh

upload_2020-6-7_19-31-53.png

Random notes -

I've been bringing all 4 of my characters the last couple days (having SE is hella nice). Estimated total coin count per day is about 700-750 for 2 runs.

I feel that it's important to say that I've heard from several people (2 heroes and 2 shads 160+) that they're hardly getting anything across multiple days of runs, but many others including myself seem to be getting things daily. RNG is crazy

Also, I haven't failed any of the 14 runs since I started logging the drops, as in I've gotten at least 10 energy transmitters every run (record was 25 transmitters iirc). Prior to the drop rate buff I'd say I cleared NTPQ runs at a ~90% clip, but now it seems even higher

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Ive gotten 2 saints and 4 gizers. Keep the buffs i like em f3

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    I still maintain that crafting material rates need nerfs but I wouldn't mind seeing gizer rate being kept ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Day 8, 16 runs in - 1 sigma plant, 3 saint stones. Total counts at 10 sigmas and 9 saints. I thought averaging 1 drop per run over the first 3 days was an overshot but here we are lol. The extra saint stone in inventory was won from a roll. Also 11 is my fav number :)

upload_2020-6-8_1-34-18.png

I'll stop logging drops after 20 runs, my highly scientific theory that "this shit be crazy" stands

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    10:29 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    whats wrong with the buffed dropped rates won't more people do the bosses because of lack of coins?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    8:14 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    the best boss for coins is verga
    which is as good as farming eruwaters
    hunting in map 1 is best and is almost double that of verga.
    the drop rates of non-jackpot stuff is rather depressing so the only incentive right now is for the exp :)

18. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    People wanted the bossing aspect of Neo tokyo to be rewarding, not the grinding mobs aspect (because apparently they were already rewarding enough).

Now, Neo tokyo is actually worthwhile content, but only for grinding mobs, not really bossing.

I still think that there isn't anything wrong because NT is in a better place than it was before. It's just that the players did not exactly get what they wanted. It's kind of like you throw a wish to an evil genie and they grant your wish in a way that makes you unhappy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    I've gotten 0 stones and 1 place over 8 runs. For reference, I average 175 coins per run from drops, so my damage and number of kills is kinda lower than Tim's. But the amount of stones and plants I've gotten is dramatically less :S

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I only gotten saint stone for the first time in NTPQ yesterday ever since NT got released :(

• Great Work Great Work x 1