1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rework Enrage

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by -ovv, Sep 14, 2020.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    9:43 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The current skill progression of Enrage does not make much sense. The first 19 levels of the skill are dead weight as they do less than Rage. Also, it's heavily limited by the 8 minute cool down and requires a sacrifice of 10 combo orbs.

Personally, I think Enrage could be reworked in several different ways:

Fixed Scaling:
    Make the attack buff worthwhile from level 1 (21 atk) scaling with additional time and additional damage. Something like 21 atk for 30 seconds at level 1, to be scaled to something like 28 atk (slightly worse than HT buff) for 240 seconds with an 8 min cool down

Burst Option:
    Give more burst for a shorter duration. Something like a +80 atk buff for 60 seconds by max level with a 6 minute cool down. This would be nice for situations like mass sed where you need to quickly burst down the arms.

Skill Stacking:
    Make Enrage a +% STR buff instead of +atk so it can stack with rage.

There are a lot of fun possibilities.

Personally, I haven't even bothered completing the Enrage skill quest yet as a lvl 170 hero. There are other skills that take priority over Enrage for the first 40-50 levels (Brandish, ACA, Stance, Achilles, MW20, Rush) and by that point, it's pretty sad that the first 7 levels of AP are going into a lot of nothingness.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    12:43 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    borken stuff man probably won't happen

3. Prudence55

Prudence55 Stone Golem

May 16, 2020
    Male
    11:43 AM
    Poignant
    Dragon Knight, Bishop, Sniper, Hermit, Marauder
    WeeniesHutJr
    I do like that idea of making it buffed as enrage kinda gives the hero class more flavor of UNGA BUNGA me angy me smash but I wouldn't make it % based as it would be borken with stackable rage. I'd say that cooldown of 10 minutes or so to be similiar to Shadower smokecreen and synergize with it. I'd suggest to do +60 ATK as it gives twice the rage ATK buff and keep the conditions to sacrifice 10 orbs as it's a stronger Rage although this renders the Heartstoppers/Unriped Onyx Apples useless for Heroes to use.

4. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I think that tweaking dead skills in order to better exemplify the class identities is a good direction. I'm in favor of diversifying with situational uses as it can offer a niche utility without being broken.

+% Str wouldn't be broken as long as the numbers are properly adjusted.

Also, remember that things like more frequent boss dispels are direct nerfs to 4th job buffs with long cool downs (like Enrage and Concentrate).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    12:43 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I've just barely reached 4th job on hero, but I've taken a look at enrage on the maple library, and it feels like a pretty bad skill to level up.
    I'm still not sure how every weapon attack will help with the possible damage that a character can deal, so correct me if im being ignorant. (im still on my first character as a 122 hero, and i haven't hit endgame)

but 3 minutes of enrage time with 5 minutes of cooldown (after enrage ends, if u dont get dispelled that is) for 6 attack, assuming that enrage doesnt stack with rage, doesnt seems to worth adding.
    maybe an option can be removing the cooldown and lower the weapon attack if its too overpowered?

7. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    7:43 PM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    Fun fact: I played hero on gms, enrage turns all hero’s attack into single target.
    I think a better change for heros is to make panic viable for bossing, perhaps make it inflict debuff on bosses.
    To make heros less of a single button attackers!

8. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    7:43 PM
    Hero
    fiddling and playing with skills and numbers like dota or other such games do is fun in my opinion. just gotta ignore the kids that always like to complain about changes that dont favor their class or whatever.

• Agree Agree x 1