1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

ring hp/atk scrolls for hp washing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tommygunner, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    1:08 PM
    What if we introduce new ring scrolls for hp and also for atk, so that people who didn't wash can scroll for hp for bosses, and people who did wash already can enjoy higher dmg?

At the highest levels of play, getting even a few more atk is really expensive so getting extra atk from rings will be a great boon for sweaty players, and noobs like me don't have to wash to enjoy boss fights.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    2:08 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    thats an old discussion buddy
    ppl have been suggesting this for long
    the good new is that staff already decided about something to fix this issue, they just didnt tell yet (afaik)

3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:08 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    The same way you won't see a NL jumping around with hp hat, eye, face, gloves and cape, hp ring will be instantly ignored for its att. They even made eye hp 30s (+75 hp) on a potentially 7 slot rac mask and I haven't seen a single non-mage attacker use it. Also will increase demand for cs/ws which is something staff is currently trying to prevent

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    these all makes sense. i was thinking more about +1k hp not +100 hp, but yah that seems like a lot. I'm excited to find out what the staff has in mind!

5. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    10:08 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Watt is the most valuable stat in the game, there would be no comparison unless the ring gave a ridiculous amount of HP like 1000-2000. The idea of giving hp vs stats is not an inherently bad idea, but it would need to be a little more balanced than this.

Also, the reason why people don’t use eye hp 30 is because they are really rare to find on the market, the risk/reward is very bad, and it’s expensive scrolling raccoon masks. If you don’t pass 3 or 4 30s at least, it’s basically worthless for meeting your HP tiers. That’s statistically very unlikely, especially for an item that is suboptimal to begin with. Now imagine you get lucky and perform your magnum opus of scrolling, a +7 perfect HP gear. Will you still even remotely compare to a washed player? I don’t think so, but I’d love to be proved wrong.

6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    At 1k hp we'll experience a renaissance for bossing mages who effectively reap 4x the hp all other attackers (excl. shad) and further devalue our dk counterparts

7. OP
    OP
    Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    hahaha! but i thought the reason mages don't boss is because of lack of damages. why does mages having more health matter? maybe this scroll can be nerfed for mage classes and allow dk's to go over 30k health limit?

edit: I'm sure the staff have a good solution already. I like all the changes they have brought so far

8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    What they lack they can make up in multiclient ability

9. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    1:08 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    For certain bosses, mages excel in them damage wise, however they can often hit pretty hard and other abnormal statuses to that could be lethal to them, HP does matter!