1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Royal hairstyles and faces for donors only

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Nixon, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nixon

Nixon Red Snail

Apr 11, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    1:53 AM
    Nixon
    Thief
    Royal hairstyles and faces should be implemented, and can only be bought with donor points :) CHEERS!

2. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    8:53 PM
    Sean
    superb 1st post

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    2:53 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Royal face and hair coupons are like regular coupons, they give a random hair/face. Do you really want people to gamble their real life money on that?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:53 PM
    Moderator Post
    Why (to you) should they be donor only?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Royal coupons shouldnt be added at all...

6. Piffy

Piffy Pac Pinky

Feb 23, 2016
    9:53 AM
    +1 , Agree

7. OP
    OP
    Nixon

Nixon Red Snail

Apr 11, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    Nixon
    Thief
    From what i've saw from other server, u can use Donor Points to select the specific royal face and hair, not randomized.

8. Cohort

Cohort Timer

Nov 8, 2015
    Male
    6:53 PM
    Cohort
    Thief
    This is not your average private server with horse shizzle stuffed with sparkly stuff. Its the closest to GMS v62 server you could see. Please respect that and dont ruin it with donor stuff

• Like Like x 11
  9. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Sean
    regarding that i dont really see how will all this v62 experience be ruined if they add more hair/face choices and im not even talking about royal ones

• Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Nixon

Nixon Red Snail

Apr 11, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    Nixon
    Thief
    Personally, i feel that Royal hair and face can only be purchased by Donor Points. As the current v62 maple story don't have much hairstyles and faces, To obtain special faces like royal hairs and faces, donation is required (optional to donate)
    It also makes donors look more outstanding from the others. Donors should be rewarded specially and i believe this would make a good reward.

Talking about the face and hair system that could only be bought through Donor Points, a wide range of hairstyles and faces should be added, and also it i can be chosen specifically (not randomly).

Your reply is awaited and highly appreciated!

11. OP
    OP
    Nixon

Nixon Red Snail

Apr 11, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    Nixon
    Thief
    i totally agree with that, its just appearance and not equipments that are like overpowered or anything that would bring a huge impact to this nostalgic experience this server is trying to bring across?

12. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I like you

• Like Like x 3
  13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is probably the part I totally disagree with, and is not a mindset I have for donators.

Donators are people that <donate> to a server because they support the server. Usually donating means you give someone money, or an organization without something in return, because you appreciate what they are doing or what they try to do.

While I see your reasoning and idea for it to be donor only, you saying specially is what made me disagree.

• Like Like x 16
  14. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Well, cosmetic stuff really is a huge part of maple. The style of the new maple doesnt fit here. NewMaple.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    Nixon

Nixon Red Snail

Apr 11, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    Nixon
    Thief
    Overall, its my opinion and a suggestion that i would like to share. Thank your for your time and consideration :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Candy

Candy Timer

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    1:53 PM
    im all up for diversity in the hair field , but I do see both sides of this , where adding all these shitty hairs and eyes from way past v62/83 will confuse some people and won't really mesh well at first but im sure it would get used too it

I also dont like the fact that a GM "Poofcakes" was running around using a v16x hair style that just really bothered me

If youre gonna release it let everyone get it, if not I really dont think a GM should be advertising stuff that IS NOT ON THE SERVER FOR THE REGULAR PLAYERS !!!

• Like Like x 8
  17. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I dont really wanna mix in the discussion cuz i have no idea what royal hairstyles are, but to me a nice reason to make things donor is to make them just that little bit less common. This to me would be important for after v62 nx. If this is after v62 nx and it is decided to get added I would indeed like to see it in the donor section.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dean

Dean Stone Golem

Apr 13, 2015
    Male
    Bulgaria
    Dean/Experience
    Corsair
    Demure
    He's basically talking about a system similiar to Royals' one. That I totally disagree with. People who donated weren't doing it because they wanted to support the server but to get access to these hairstyles/faces. And the problem there was (something I noticed myself) that people who had this cosmetic privelege kinda looked down on people who weren't able to spend money and donate. It may sound stupid but it really builds a wall between people and harms the communication.
    However, it'd be nice to see more hairstyles/faces (picked carefully to fit our server). There are some that are really pretty, it'd be cool.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    I agree with this. I've experienced the 'wall' DeanDean describes and it is more than real: Since most donators there were either snobby rich kids or long-term players, those that lacked donator styles were often looked down upon as noobs.

I'm a huge fan of a more diverse selection in cosmetics, though, so I'd fully support a change that accommodates newer hairstyles and faces.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Or as i said, lets just not add them OnionBlush If you want v171 hair styles and stuff, there are alot of others servers for you OnionPerfect

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.