1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Royal hairstyles and faces for donors only

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Nixon, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    11:49 AM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I must say I agree with this, although it is not fair to say only poofcakes did this. Just googled the styles discussed in this thread and im quite sure I've seen Kimberly with the so called confused look before too.
    So yeah, I agree with you on the fact that GMs should try to avoid testing skins not available to the public in public.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:49 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    There are no servers with royal hair styles and faces which provide the challenge MapleLegends does

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    But why would they add it, it really is the most stupid idea i have ever heard.

4. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Saying something is stupid without giving a justification for it is what's stupid

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    well, i already said in my previous posts o-o

6. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Your reasoning on said posts is purely subjective. The idea might be stupid in your opinion, but it doesn't make the idea stupid for all.

7. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    That is why i said, This is the most stupid idea -->I<-- have heard.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    5:49 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Everything you need to know about royal hairstyles can be found here https://gamerbewbs.wordpress.com/category/mmorpg/maplestory/royal-hair-face-coupons/

Anyway, I don't have a problem with cosmetic changes, though I know for some it ruins the nostalgia. If they were added I'd much prefer them to either be mixed in with the current pool of hairstyles OR the royal coupon added into the normal CS (at a higher price of course) and work the same way as current coupons do. Meaning a random chance at them, I'd like it even more if they were limited to X amount a day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frisk

Frisk Pac Pinky

May 3, 2015
    Female
    Kasai (new main), Amira (old main)
    F/P Mage
    Labyrinth
    Why would they add it? Because other people want it (including me)

10. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    But alot of people dont want it, and i think it is better not to add it. Because people liked the server without these coupons. These coupons are extra for the people who do like it. And the people who dont like it, may quit or be unactive.

11. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    1. They haven't mentioned which hair/faces they are adding
    2. There are already royal hairs in game and I don't see you complaining about it (e.g. evan hair)
    3. Who are these "lot" of people that don't want it? I have seen only you completely against it. You also talk about people who don't want it added leaving if it does, yet you invited people who wanted it added to leave and find another server in the following quote:

12. Frisk

Frisk Pac Pinky

May 3, 2015
    Female
    Kasai (new main), Amira (old main)
    F/P Mage
    Labyrinth
    Who's forcing the people that don't like it to get the hair/faces? And how will the server be different *with* these coupons? Also, why would the people that dislike the coupons care so much about it that they quit because of a cosmetic thing?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hellcat

Hellcat Mushmom

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Kerning City
    10:49 AM
    Hellcat
    Hermit
    I agree with Kargo and Cohort, the v171 cosmetics just dont fit in with a v62 server. It ruins the nostalgic feeling, for me at least, cant speak for anyone else. Isnt it the point after all to be a 100% v62 server and give people a nostalgic feeling? For me personally, the old looks make the server actually feel nostalgic, since cosmetics are kind of a big deal in maplestory. The v171 looks just remind me of the shitshow Neckson created over the past few years.

• Like Like x 2
  14. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    This discussion man its just smh

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hellcat

Hellcat Mushmom

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Kerning City
    Hellcat
    Hermit
    Let's pray to N- Word Ben for advice

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Lol. Why not add it? It won't effect your in-game play or how hard MapleLegends actually is. Sure, you will see a few new hairs around but lets be serious here, who gives a fuck. We already have a few Non-V62 NX items...

As for the option of donor / non-donor...

(Donor Points) - Personally I think making it donor would be nice as lets be real, most people donate for something in return, very few people will donate for nothing. People will donate for the hair, server makes money. woo go us.

Non donor (NX) - Would make the game full of new hairs / makes it a little worse for people who are HP washing earlier / Saves money for people who don't want to help the server.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Candy

Candy Timer

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    [​IMG] .. middle one is you

Donate =/= getting something in return .. Spending money with knowledge that you will get something in return is more or less what youre trying to say .. People gaining any NX from giving their money to the server is why they spend their money . There was a few people (Duke) being 1 of them who actually donated like 200 bucks and didnt have anything to spend it on so his was counted toward donations . People donate to get Donation NX and so they wont have to spend their vote NX on clothes and instead can buy gacha ap resets and charms & such with their vote cash

New characters are either going to be Washed early or will fall behind due to someone who doesnt donate and only votes for their nx .. The whole mechanics of this server was to not be pay2win and everything you've said related to donor NX is pay2win .. I want to help the server, and I know a lot of my friends want to see the server succeed and advance, some people dont have the means to donate and buy royal coupons (We dont have a price for the coupons yet)

I really don't want to see this happen & If anything which it kind of seems inevitable only like 2 or 3 new hairs and a few eye shapes , no multi color eyes or no extra fucking glowy hair dumb crap .. Not everyone here has played maple well past big bang, we are willing to compromise by voting for a few new hairs but we don't want it to be donation only and I'm pretty sure that won't be the case

• Like Like x 3
  18. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Buying a donor hair isnt pay2win.. what (IF you didn't mean that.. im fucking confused.)

19. Candy

Candy Timer

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    i fucked my brackets up, so re read if u have too

but instead of people using 20k nx on lets say (5) royal tickets they use 20k DONOR CASH , that means they still have the 20k vote cash to ap reset with

people who do not donate will only have 20k and lets say they buy (5) royal tickets they will have 0 to ap reset with

• Like Like x 1
  20. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    So give the option for both? Donor & NX? so players can make their own choice?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.