1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryae's Doodle Request Thread (CLOSED - see you next time!)

Discussion in 'Artwork' started by Ryae, Apr 19, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    3:10 AM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Omg sorry I missed this one earlier! I'm out of practice on the forums ooof haha.
    Also thank you so much!! I don't need anything I'm just trying to spread some love as my way of giving back to the community for all the years of ML SlimeBlush The best tip you could give me is go create some art/do something fun for yourself today (VERY SAPPY I know but TRUE hnnghh bahaha)

Added to the list!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    6:10 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I've always been a fan of the char Ryae from the shadows. Loved the char's aesthetic when it use to walk around with level 60 thief gear forever, & admired the quest journey that character must've had. Those types of characters always inspire me to want to take the long journey and put a lot of work into 1 char, unfortunately I have the attention span of a fish & always end up starting a new thing.

Hopefully this thread never dies because your style is ingrained into MapleLegends history!

& hopefully I make the cut!
    J2rJAMp.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Wtf so nice?! OnionF4 Thank you!!! I really miss her level 60 aesthetic but the zhelm really did me in LOL.. And don't worry, all your chars add up into one big ML journey for you SlimeBlush !! That's kickass that I was inspiring others just walkin around doing my thing, a good reminder that you don't always realize those things so just keep doing your best :heartbeat:
    Also yes you just slid into the last spot! nice timing hehe

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Hello my friends, randomhsrandomhs is here!
    [​IMG]
    This was very nostalgic to do hahah!! I like that my nostalgia source of ML has produced like..a secondary nostalgia source (??) lol.
    I struggled with the umbrella even with my ref aa..that kind of very symmetrical/mechanical is not my forte but I think it worked out well enough...! I had an epiphany while sketching this that I seem to pop back and forth between simple and more complex eyes/faces depending on the complexity of the rest of the drawing/what I want to focus on SlimeShocked it seems kinda obvious saying it now but this drawing helped me learn I was doing that subconsciously haha! growth in progress wow we love to see it SlimeAngel this outfit has a lot going on so I wanted to focus on that instead!

Here is a bonus little thumbnail drawing I did when I was thinking of the pose. I love to share stuff like this about the process and also looking at it makes me giggle hehe.
    [​IMG]

Anyhow I hope you enjoy it!! thanks for requesting!! SlimeBlush:heartbeat: It's been a while since I've done these and there's lots of complex cash items now wheww, it's cool to see the style of server change over time though!! ok I'll leave it there because I'm rambling/oversharing now FFHJSK bahaha, cheers friends!

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. isamelon

isamelon Mushmom

Jan 15, 2019
    Female
    Isamelon
    Corsair
    DerpFam
  6. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    oh god, it's amazing!! I love how you incorporated every little detail of my character and ESPECIALLY the way you drew my pet, it's so cute LOL. Thank you sooo much lurvmush:heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Sorry you missed out friend! Don't worry, you never know what the future holds, I may open again sometime SlimeBlush

Yay I'm glad you like!! :heartbeat: I'm especially glad you like your pet, I'm not very good with "animals" (?? creatures..? lol) but I just had to include them hehe. Thanks for requesting!! SlimeBlush

8. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    ShuiShui is here! Thank you so much for your patience!! :heartbeat:
    [​IMG]
    Truthfully this one took me a while because I was feeling kind of down on my art ;-; I did the bulk of this sketch 3 weeks ago but then had a long pause. I'm not really used to drawing for others anymore and I got really hung up on making the best, most polished thing I possibly could so that I didn't disappoint, rather than just having fun with it...it happens SlimeCry Gotta remember every now and then why I draw when I get a little lost, which is just to have fun!! (and contribute to the ML community in this case! SlimeBlush)

I love the pineapple bag, so I did a from-behind pose so I could put him right in the center hehehe. Btw I saw your new outfit on another thread and omg it's so cute! The little helmet and the cow gloves...! Amazing SlimeLove

Until next time, thanks friends :heartbeat: !!!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  9. Shui

Shui Slime

May 15, 2020
    Shui
    Beginner
    ahh i hope you were able to have fun with it in the end, your art is always so cute & would never disappoint !! MapleF4 the vibrant colours, her cheeky wink, flowing pigtails, the playful pose - everything is perfect :heartbeat: i love the pineapple bag focus too MapleF11 my helmet fit is my default but i thought it'd be nice to see Summer Editionâ„¢ Shui in your style heh

also i just wanted to say thanks for always spreading positivity around ML with your posts & doodles. i'm really happy to be a part of your ever-growing doodle log (history in the making!!) and look forward to seeing even more of your artistic growth! hope you're getting to enjoy the anniversary festivities as well :pinkbean:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    aaaa thanks shui for your kind words!! OnionF4 I'm so glad you like it, and also glad I stopped trying to hide my nerves and push them down somewhere (surprise, this does not work for any emotions as per usual lol) I'll hold onto these good feelings going into the last request, I'll really need it drawing Chris because I haven't draw a boy in two years oops HAHA MapleF18

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Haha. If you want you can try my Islander instead since it female! I always love the eyes on all your characters and well.... my other char has no eyes. SlimeSweat
    download.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I know you're already full but if you wanna try any of my characters sometime! I would also be interested in trading art with you if you are interested.
    unknown-5 (2).png

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    WHA REALLY--not to sound too excited LOL but if you're ok with that, yes! She has my new favorite hair, I grabbed that on my character too OnionRay

Yes definitely! MapleF2 Wow so many cuties!
    Someone else asked me about an art trade after I finished the requests, so I'll check with them first, and then come talk with you after SlimeBlush Add me on discord if you want (steferella#0016) since it's a bit easier when doing trade stuff!

• Like Like x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Little Christopher is here!
    [​IMG]
    This one turned out very simple but cute I think! It was really pleasant to draw even though I still procrastinated the final lining for 2 weeks because I was nervous MapleF18
    Also, this is the first islander request I've ever drawn!! So with this, I've drawn every "class" in ML (oddjobs do not come for me SlimeSweat2). I hope you enjoy ChrisChris!! :heartbeat:

Big thanks to everyone for your massive patience! I thought I could go way faster than 1 request per month...but between being an adult lady now and these requests getting exponentially more detailed and time consuming over the years, I guess I can only really go at snail pace SlimeCry But I really like being able to deliver really polished full body sketches!! so I guess snail pace it is haha. Hoping I can do more of these in the future during big events or holidays, maybe at least once per year on anniversary SlimeBlush until next time!! cheers friends!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Looks amazing!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to draw me, I can now join the honorary club of people drawn by Ryae. :heartbeat:

Looking forward to future drawings!!!!! (And when you decide to draw the 30 different odd jobs to complete every class OnionMuha)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    1:10 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Heck yeah, awesome work as always Stef! Welcome to the club Chris!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1