1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryae's Doodle Request Thread (CLOSED - see you next time!)

Discussion in 'Artwork' started by Ryae, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    8:59 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Love you Stef <3
    Good luck and happy new year! Make sure this isn't the last we hear of you! :D

2. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    11:59 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    aaa thanks friend! Is that a guitar on the back? If you have a moment today could you send me a shot of that as well, or at least the name so I can google refs? ty ty!!

Oh no worries there hehe. I'll be with Legends until the end FoxHeart!!
    Happy new year and hope you are well Noam ^^

3. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    7:59 AM
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buch

Buch Brown Teddy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    7:59 AM
    Buch
    Cleric
    Poof is gonna lease a bed x)

5. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    !! ty Poof OnionYes

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. GDLee

GDLee Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

May 29, 2017
    Male
    New York
    1:59 AM
    AMZN
    Night Lord
    Vengeance
    You can also see all the different weapon animations on this page: https://maplestory.wiki/gms/latest/item/1702587

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    GDLeeGDLee complete!!
    [​IMG]
    Phew!! This one was really hard because I don't play the guitar lol. But I am happy with how he turned out!! I think I faked it ok LOL I hope you like!! ^^
    Thanks also to anyone who stopped by the stream! It was slow but we had a good chat MapleF2

So now it's officially hiatus time for this thread OnionCryRunThanks to everyone for your crazy support these years!! I hope to pop in when I can and drop a doodle or two. If you're interested I post drawings (when I remember lol) on Instagram @chiizura! See you soon friends and be well!! cheers!

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. GDLee

GDLee Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

May 29, 2017
    Male
    New York
    1:59 AM
    AMZN
    Night Lord
    Vengeance
    Looks amazing! Thank you so much :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. GilDesuka

GilDesuka Capt. Latanica

Nov 6, 2016
    Earth
    Kotone, JellyFish, Yesterday, ApplePi
    Beginner, Islander, I/L Wizard, Bandit
    Wow you've done a lot! :O
    Good luck in your new chapter in life!! I hope we'll still get to talk every so often MapleF2

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Thanks, glad you like! MapleF2

Thank you Gil!! I should still be able to pop on forums, and hopefully can get maple running on my laptop so I can play too >< ! Nervous for this adventure but such is life SlimeSmile I'll do my best!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Hello!! I have a couple extras I thought I might as well share here ^^
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I just finished up an art trade with LixiLixi and MangaFox156MangaFox156 and ended up drawing one of their characters for each trade, one of them even in color for the first time :0 !! Watercolors are a little scary but I am really happy with that crazy fire lol. These doodles take on a whole new life in color though!! SlimeGrin

Anyhow I hope you enjoy these two surprise cuties!! Hope you are all well and taking care of yourselves. cheers SlimeSmile

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    (I hope it's okay to necromance this thread even though I'm still not taking requests..)
    Hey friends!! woah!! Just wanted to check in again with some art adventures OnionBlush

I had decided to check in today to share the next installment of my Sinon redraw! I did a redrawing of the first sketch that started it all 2 years ago, and now that another 2 years have passed I thought I'd give it another go!! (I wonder if this rando girl I kpq'ed with knows I've drawn her 3 times now lol...)

[​IMG]
    I honestly didn't think it would look very different since I've had less time to draw in 2017/18 compared to 2015/16, but it looks waaay different!! Even if it doesn't feel like it, you are always making progress, so keep going friends!! And peek back every once in a while to remember how far you've come OnionF4

And to update from last year: September turned into January BUT since then we've been living on our own again!! and we moved to the west coast! Which is amazing but makes it hard to match up times with European friends SlimeCry so if I ever get a chance to stream I'd have to figure out a nice time that works for all. Now that I've finally graduated, I'll be starting my first full time job soon, so it's more likely than that that I won't ever be able to truly open the thread again...but, I'd like to try to hold a contest of sorts in the future, so I hope I can make time for that SlimeSmile we'll see!!

Thanks if you took the time to read and happy anniversary next week to MapleLegends!! Can't believe I have been playing for 4 years already WHEEZE OnionDead hahaha hope I can continue to inspire other artists on their own journeys and pop in to share something from time to time for many more years to come SlimeSmile:heartbeat: The forums are a lot quieter than back in the day but I still see some art threads from time to time, and seeing all the replies from players excited to receive art warms my old lady heart lol. Take care all and see you in for the next installment in 2021...!!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    2:59 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Hey man, I wasn't here back then but I'm glad you made an amazing progress and I'm very excited for your future. I wish you the best of luck :heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    STEF, THIS IS AMAZING :heart: Your style is so beautiful!!!!!!!
    And I say this with tons of hype: good luck with everything MapleF15
    I'll see you in alli chat SlimeBlush <3

15. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Oh wow thanks man! Wasn't expecting to receive a response like this honestly FoxHeart Take care and best of luck to you as well!! :heartbeat:

TY SHAY!! It's so fun to see it evolve over time haha MapleF14 see you there for sure SlimeBlush:heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    5:59 PM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
  17. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Hello friends, it's that glorious time again MapleF14 !! Hope you've been well the past two years (despite the metric fuckton of shit that has gone down)
    [​IMG]

I've come to love doing these redraws every couple years and look forward to it as a big event where I get to check in with myself and see how I've grown over the years!! I always think that it isn't going to look different at all and then I surprise myself like WTF WHO'S THAT hahahah. You're always growing even if you don't realize it ok!!! And then when you take a step back and look where you started you're like DAYUM lol.

I finally changed the pose slightly, the anatomy just wasn't working, but I tried to keep it close to the original. Finally checked a proper reference for a handgun instead of staring at a tiny pixel gun HAHA. I still have trouble with ~flowy~ stuff like the skirt and I still can never decide how I like to the eyes/face MapleF1 I tried to push more details even if it's just a line here or there, or little fingernails, and I like the result a lot!! I used HB 0.7mm lead in the past but lately I've been trying 4B 0.5mm with 2B 0.3mm for teeny details (the faces are the size of a coin rip), and still using the red col-erase for the initial layer. I've gotten really cozy with my supplies by making small adjustments over time and slowly figuring out what suits me the most SlimeBlush

Idk what else to include because over the past year I've forgotten how to converse with other humans LMAO but I was already awkward outside of in-person convos anyway so that's going great OnionF4 This is maybe be a terrible or a great idea but I think I'm going to open a few slots to celebrate ML's 6th anniversary? I was going to do 6 slots to match the number of years but I think I should be more gentle with myself to start, so maybe 3 would be better SlimeSmile It's been a million years since this thread has been opened so bear with me please lol

Ah and here's a dump of other ML art trades/gifts from over the past few years too (art trades of our ML characters are basically always open, send me a PM here or on discord!):
    [​IMG]
    That's all from me for now, see you 2023...!! SlimeWink:heartbeat:

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  18. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    2:59 AM
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    Wow! The progress and improvement in your art is amazing. I'd love to have you draw one of my characters, if slots are still open!

[​IMG]

(my weird alien doesn't need to be included but I thought it could be fun addition SlimeLaugh)

If there's anything else you need, please let me know! I also don't mind paying any sort of commission fee for your time!!! Thank you SlimeLove

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Shui

Shui Slime

May 15, 2020
    Shui
    Beginner
    Seeing your art develop over the years through the redraws is so inspiring !! crymush I love how your most recent has a proper gun now heh

Also I feel you about losing the ability to hold proper conversations v _ v

I'd love to get a doodle if requests are still open! It'd be an honour to have my char drawn in your style :pinkbean:
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Aaa thanks so much!! Inspiring other artists is one of my biggest goals! MapleF4:heartbeat: also yeah she just straight-up has a handgun now LOL it looks almost out of place... SlimeShocked

Added you to the list!

• Friendly Friendly x 1