1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Safety Charms Nerf?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by ColouredNote, Apr 25, 2019.

1. ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    3:18 PM
    -
    Warrior
    -
    They can make the game easier (or just less grindy) since they prevent exp loss and are very cheap to get obtain from the Cash Shop. Was thinking it's not very pre big bang-like.

1. Increase the price of Safety Charms (3000 each)
    2. Decrease their duration from their 90 days to 24 hours

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:18 PM
    Moderator Post
    While I see where you come from, the concept of losing EXP when the game is already very slow can be seen as very demotivating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Not sure about you, but I've never bought a safety charm, as my NX was mostly going to fund AP Resets to wash.

4. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    3:18 PM
    I'm with Motto on this one. It's something that maybe could be looked at if HP washing becomes less meta somehow, but as the game stands, you'll be spending most of your NX on AP resets and not really have any left over for safety charms.

To be completely honest, death is such a rare thing for me anyway that I kind of view safety charms as a complete waste of NX. Your mileage may vary depending on class etc (I certainly died a lot more on my FP) but unless things change at higher levels, I don't see that safety charms are all that valuable to begin with.

5. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    11:18 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Oh man really?... you know at 18X 10% of exp equalls 72,1m-117m exp ish. Its really a pain to recover all of that and indeed... always accidents happens (Like lags, manual failure and stuff). so charms are always nesesary.. you gotta to know how painful is to grind after 18X.. and the posibility to lose everything is really close and its desmotivating, i think this one will make ppl lose more the interest on endgame grinding... and even for me cuz i die so often because i lag a lot... so really... this sugestion is so.. crazy to make MapleF4MapleF4MapleF4

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Try being level 180+, spending 2 hours on 10% exp only to lose it because of a lag spike.. yea no safety charms are kinda necessary. Dieing is quite the punishment without exp loss at high levels already (due to bossing).
    Also, as stated before, use your nx for washing at low lvls (if you want)

Edit: yeah so I should read the thread before I post. Basically I'm agreeing with what's already said xd

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  7. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    11:18 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Yeah sure

8. MsFortune

MsFortune Mano

Mar 1, 2019
    Male
    10:18 AM
    MsFortune
    Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, Shadower
    Honor
    If you like to experience the grind and extra level of difficulty, it is a personal choice not to buy charm. I don't it is fair to make things harder for other casual players too.

• Like Like x 3