1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance April 7th, 2017

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Poofcakes, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    8:22 PM
    [​IMG]

Hello Maplers,

We will be performing a Scheduled Maintenance on Friday, April 7th. It will last approximately 30 minutes ~ 1 hour. Upon completion, the game will be brought back online and service will be restored. Once restored, you can login and play!

Time:
    8 PM server time (@time)

What will be unavailable:

• All MapleLegends game servers and channels
    Changes and Updates:
    • The new files from the installer should make you crash from the "GFX" bug significantly less (black screen crash without error)
    • A lot of the weapon covers from the latest Cash Shop update will be removed and everyone who bought these NX weapons will get their (donor) cash refunded
    • Reactors should not randomly bug out anymore
    • The anniversary quest from Cody wil be repeatable every 24 hours
    • Scarlion and Targa bosses will drop the correct hats again
    • Super Snowboard's speed will be reduced from 20 to 8
    • The chance to get a legendary item (ex: Chaos Scroll) from the Cake Boss event will be slightly decreased (again)
    • Some Cash Shop item bug fixes
    • Performance improvements
    • 3rd job/4th job advancements should be announced again
    Lastly, the new installer will come with two clients;
    1. The regular MapleLegends.exe is the regular client that starts in full-screen mode
    2. A client called MapleLegendsWindow.exe that launches in windowed mode by default!

There'll be a feedback thread with a poll up soon, so you guys can let us know which client you prefer, and if there are any issues with the new client.

More things may be added before the end of restart. If you have any errors after the restart, please create a bug report and describe the issue.

Sincerely,

-MapleLegends Staff-

Thank you.

EDIT:

Outdated

Put everything where you installed Legends and replace everything. You can keep both clients, they are same besides one starting full screen other windowed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Just a note that I will be uploading a .zip for once with all the new files for those that is really tired from downloading the new installer over and over. It will have the new .wz files and it will also have the optional MapleLegendsWindow.exe client that is mentioned in the maintenance post. For Windows users you just replace all the files in your Legends folder

For MAC users
    To replace files on MAC

right click > show package contents > drive c > Neckson > maplestory

3. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    3:22 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
  4. South

South Slime

Mar 7, 2017
    Male
    2:22 PM
    South
    Chief Bandit
    Eternal
    What's the point for having 2 clients ?

5. OP
    OP
    Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Some people will prefer the game to start up in full screen and others in window mode.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Preference for those that like start in windowed mode. As stated in the beautiful notice there will eventually be a poll to see who prefer which, and maybe we will include only the one or other as default. Both clients can still toggle between Window/Full with ALT + Enter

• Like Like x 1
  7. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    Retired legendary player
    [​IMG]

hehe xd
    pointless post is pointless

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Added the following to maintenance OP:
    Performance improvements
    3rd job/4th job advancements should be announced again

9. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    7:22 PM
    Defender
    "The chance to get a legendary item (ex: Chaos Scroll) from the Cake Boss event will be slightly decreased (again)"

While I sit here for 2 years, without a signle Chaos or White T_T

• Like Like x 3
  10. BradLeeTee

BradLeeTee Snail

Apr 7, 2017
    Male
    1:22 PM
    So what's the reason exactly for removing 'a lot' of the cash items from the donor shop?

11. OP
    OP
    Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    We're only removing a lot of the new weapon covers, the other Cash Shop items are untouched. The reason we're doing this is for the bullet point above it
    • The new files from the installer should make you crash from the "GFX" bug significantly less (black screen crash without error)
    After a lot of trial and error we found out that by making the WZ file that contains all the equipment smaller (Character.wz), it made the GFX bug a lot harder to trigger, and so made the client crash way less often. These new weapon covers just increase the file-size so greatly, and we don't find it worth it to sacrifice performance for pretty weapons. :(

Perhaps some day in the future when we find a way to make the client deal with this better, they can be added back. :)

12. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    4:22 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    This reminds me a game i played long ago, did "diet" for their files, by changing their image files into 16bit from 32bit, was really successful to reduce ram usage, and prevent crash for that reason. (but this requires TERRIBLY TEDIOUS WORKS unless you can do it automatically so.....)

yes, a dev of that game mentioned their game as "aircraft carrier on a tiny boat". I feel same with this. basis of ML is v62, which has 2k06~2k08 engine, and we added lots of things on it, thanks for your hard works. we'll solve this problem well, as always we did :)

I just feel sorry and sad for your hardworking (adding every sprites for each items isn't possible for lazyass like me e.e) is buried now, hope they see sunlight again!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    12:22 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    One of my computers cannot render the game in full screen and it goes black. I have to wait a few moments and guess when the game has completely loaded, and then I can press Alt+Enter for it to become windowed before I can start playing. It would be nice to have it load windowed (or figure out what resolution to make it stop doing that).

14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Maintenance delayed for 30 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Delayed for 30 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hidan1004

Hidan1004 Snail

Apr 7, 2016
    Male
    2:22 PM
    Beginner
    Google drive for windows link plz

17. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    12:22 PM
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    Will this help me to not crash during the cake boss fight? I have not been able to participate due to immense lag on the map.

18. OP
    OP
    Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Yep, do still try GFXing once in a while.

19. Darkra

Darkra Slime

Feb 1, 2016
    Male
    3:22 PM
    Francis
    Warrior
    Senpai
    Thanks for the hard work. :)

• Like Like x 1