1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance - January 23, 2017

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

1:14 PM
    i love you

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Not sure if bug, whole party got mass dispelled with NO wyverns spawned. Is this normal?

Edit: What happened:
    Zaia got dispelled. No wyverns but possible single target dispel from middle head (however, zaia did not attack the middle head)
    40 seconds** later
    Mass dispell, once again, no wyverns present

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2018
  3. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    8:14 AM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Adding on:

Mass dispell continued for the remainder of the run. I'm assuming this is behavior from the mid-head since this was the last part we killed. Before, mid-head would only target one person (whoever hit it first) and they would receive the dispell effect until mid head died. Additionally, the arm (right I think) that causes curses, seals, etc. now has mass effect as well, which was not mentioned in the original post (only mass seduce and mass dispell were). Is this intentional? Furthermore, these mass status changes happened far more frequently than before (at least once every 5 seconds). Before it was maybe every 30 seconds? Possibly higher. Additionally, these status changes sometimes disappeared instantly on their own without needing to use an all cure. I got sealed and cursed a few times and it just disappeared on its own a second later without me doing anything.

We didn't get mass seduces, but apparently the Animals run did so I assume that it functioning properly. Also the black wyverns spawning works as well.

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    9:14 AM
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    On the Animals run, we got mass seduced like four times on our first run and zero times on the second run, we also got mass dispelled when we were killing left arm (only left arm was alive), which was weird, not sure if intended.

5. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    How are we suppose to tell if something is a bug if we're not being told what exactly is being introduced, Poof had to tell us about seduce details and many of us thought mass dispel = shitton of dark wyverns being spawned

HiyoHiyo had to do some digging about mass dispell so I assume staff weren't informed about what new introduced stuff HT does now either
    ** He found that mid-head mass dispells at 60% & 30% HP (not dark wyverns), and left arm does the same at 60% HP.

Also when is gfx d/c and the random hp flicker issue going to be fixed? I know some people still have gfx d/c issue and hp flicker issue seems really random, it happens in HT, the HP bar flickers extremely fast then near-instant dc. Or you lag heavily then dc.

EDIT: Forgot to include KimberlyKimberly 's pastebin link she provided me when I ranted about clarification to her MapleF3
    Basically details what each part of HT does now
    https://pastebin.com/E7458B90

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:14 PM
    Moderator Post
    The thing is that Poof coded mass seduce/dispel and it depends on game files on whom its applied on. It wasn't Poof's job to tell how and what is, but rather from what Neckson/GMS did.

Hiyo just looked into old guides to get more information (to 100% verify what is and isn't right), while I could look at Horntail via the game files and verify further from there. Basically, everything should be how it is on GMS, which means if lets say right head mass dispel, it will also mass dispel here, since its directly read from the game files.

The only thing that is currently incorrect (I think) is the (mass) seduce order, but thats more because our aggro is not GMS-like, I believe.

I think it will be improved/fixed next client, but no promises.
    -------
    A tip I have personally is finding old guides from GMS about Horntail, and compare it with us and report based on that what is and isn't right.

7. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

So is anything changing or its staying as is?
    According to hiyos pastebin, middle head shouldnt mass dispel.

8. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    All I've done is fix something that wasn't working as intended in the source code. Like Kim said, it is completely based on the game files, so if something dispels then it is supposed to dispel.

I've always used the word debuff as any buff that was negative, but I understand if people got confused due to that it could be understood as just dispel too. I'm just going to use the word disease instead of debuff now.

There are two different kind of "attacks" a monster can have. Normal attacks and skills. Attacks can be physical or magical, and do damage. Sometimes a "disease" can be linked to it, causing the player to get that disease when they're attacked by that specific attack. A list of all the diseases in v62 are: seal, darkness, weaken, stun, curse, poison, slow, dispel, seduce and confuse. Skills don't do any damage. They just apply the diseases to the players, or spawn poison mist, or heal, or buff themselves with weapon/magic immunity, weapon attack up, etc.

The bug that has now been fixed is that these diseases were only being applied to one player every single time, but now it works as intended and more people can get the disease. This is what is being meant with "mass".

As for the monster skills, there are no more single-target diseases (besides single-target seduce), they are all "mass" and they all affect anyone within a certain range of that monster (in Horntail's case there's a very big range set to intentionally cover the entire map). This is applied to all monsters with these skills in the game, and I just used some parts of Horntail and Alishar to try to explain it. My example of Alishar was supposed to make clear that everything is "mass" now, but I should've made it more clear. I didn't mention Horntail's Head B and Left Hand do dispel, because I assumed this was known already. It is also impossible for me to explain what every single monster in the game does. Perhaps I will one day try to add this information to poof.ml.

I did make a mistake in saying Dark Wyverns mass dispel, since that was understood as that they dispel the entire map. Their dispel is linked to an "attack", and they only dispel the people they successfully hit with that attack (so it doesn't apply when the monster misses you). They in fact don't dispel the entire map.

That means that the only truly single-target diseases are the ones that are done by monster attacks that only attack one person at a time.

Please don't accuse me of not explaining things to the staff, because I try my hardest at that. I always explain to Kim exactly how things work (also spam the fuck out of her with my thoughts while I'm trying to figure things out). I make videos to show her & others visually. I address my concerns that I can't find how certain things work from online documentation (since I didn't play back then I don't know everything for sure) and then Kim makes a decision on how she thinks it should be. I did give Hiyo already a similar txt-file as that pastebin (literally the first thing I did), but less written out. I guess he forgot about that, but seeing he's literally on vacation right now, I can't blame him.

The pastebin also only includes the skills. It doesn't include the attacks. For Horntail, only the legs have two attacks with a disease attached (stun). Saying this in case someone wonders why stun isn't part of the list.

Not saying it's working perfectly right now/that nothing will be changed.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

I dont know how you interpreted anything as a blame/insult/etc but I'm pretty sure Ranny was just upset that no details were released and the little that were, weren't as detailed / could be interpreted in many ways. (regardless, I cant read her mind so maybe she was salty :shrugs: )

Pretty sure she mostly spoke about the actual patch notes which literally just say:
    "The introduction of mass seduce and mass debuff" - which is completely unspecific, doesnt explain any changes nor allows for any understanding whatsoever.

Pretty sure everyone here was just giving feedback / asking if X is normal or how Y should act...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    That small part was solely replying to this
    Wasn't talking about anything or anyone else. I just don't want people to have misconception that I don't inform Kim of what I'm changing in her server's code. People already have enough misconceptions of me.

I want you guys to keep reporting things that seem off, because I can't figure all that out by myself. I'm actually extremely busy the next 2 weeks so I kinda wish this was done another time, but oh well. I don't want you all to think that I'm attacking you or defending myself against your feedback, that'd be insane.

This is what the pastebin says.
    Horntail's Head B (Middle Head):
    Dispel - Activation 60% HP, Cooldown 300 sec.
    Dispel - Activation 30% HP, Cooldown 180 sec.

Even though it doesn't say "mass dispel", in my post I explained that it's all "mass".

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
  12. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    "The introduction of mass seduce and mass debuff" works good for me. It's an endgame boss half of the battle is to figure out how the mechanics work and build strats around it. Once you have a solid strategy you can continue killing it regularly and maybe others will use your strategy to kill it too. This is why I miss vanilla WoW, Fuck dungeon journals. SoniiiSoniii

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    7:14 AM
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    PoofcakesPoofcakes description of mass (as applying to all people at a specific chance) seems to mirror what the effects were when Neckson/pre-bb gms introduced horntail, minus the mass seduce order (those who enter first would get seduce, thus bishops/buyers entering last to avoid seduce).

If seduce order can't be fixed or coded, and since bishops/buyers might have a hard time living through mass sed at random, perhaps a separate conversation regarding hero's will cooldown or wheel or fortune/destiny in a limited state should be had after any initial bugs are worked out with the revised mechanics.

14. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Wheel is V83.

15. Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    If the staff wants to change Horntail's seduce (single, mass or both) to it being based on the order people entered the map, then I would be happy to change it to that.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  16. Skadi.Lance

Skadi.Lance Slime

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    8:14 PM
    Shinsoo
    Since ht now mass seduces, i think its important to make the seduce order gms/msea like, where the first 10 person to enter becomes the mass seduce targets, otherwise very likely that the run would just fail.

Also in msea, the first person who entered HT should be the main seduce target, but it is random on ML, which makes shadower/sed warrior less useful for runs.

17. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Although GMS-like, I doubt this will stand because guilds can use sed mules. I know guilds used sed mules in GMS too, but I don't think Neckson anticipated people bringing mules into HT and then never bothered to fix it. Same with how GMS never fixed the bug with freezing the first prehead by getting aggro and hanging on the rope. But doing that here is 'aggro-abuse'. Then again, wall-tapping used to be bannable but doesn't appear to be anymore so who knows.

18. Armando

Armando Mushmom

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    9:14 AM
    Hass
    Bowmaster
    Legacy
    Is it still random on ML? At least after this patch, the first person that entered the map was sed mule for the entire time, on both of the runs we did.

Personally, I like the idea of random seds because it can give some difficulty to HT, although I can see how that could (and probably would) be bad for the HTP business.

19. Skadi.Lance

Skadi.Lance Slime

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    8:14 PM
    Shinsoo
    I agree, but I think it only make sense to have random single sed target when there is no mass sed to make it more challenging. I think now that mass sed is introduced, it should not be random, otherwise runs will just fail if bishops get sed and dies f6 (also referring to mass sed target not by order)

20. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Thanks everyone providing feedback so far in a calmly matter. We are still looking behind scene heavily to make sure everything is as GMS-like as possible when it comes to current complaint of dispel being way too often, as well as few other things.

From what I personally saw from footage so far (as well as guides) mass dispel was really not meant to be spammed, so we verify more based on info and see if it can be improved.

• Agree Agree x 4