1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance - January 26, 2018

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:59 PM
    Moderator Post
    This maintenance has a FORCED patch. This means if you do not update you will disconnect in Free Market, and a lot of other places.

[​IMG]

Hello Maplers,

We will be performing a Scheduled Maintenance on January 26. It will last approximately 60~120 minutes Upon completion, the game will be brought back online and service will be restored. Once restored, you can login and play!

Time:
    9 PM UTC (@time in-game)

What will be unavailable:
    • All MapleLegends game servers and channels
    General Changes (may be edited still)
    • The mob Gachapon rate for Legendary category will be slightly increased
    • The mob Gachapon rate for Legendary capes will be slightly increased
    • The mob Gachapon rate for Chaos/White will be very minorly decreased, but basically with the general rate increase will be same.
    • The mob spawn from Aqua Road - Deep Sea Gorge II will be slightly decreased
    • NX cards will no longer drop. Based on feedback we may use them again in future events.
    • Christmas Letters will no longer drop
    Patch Changes (may be edited still)
    • Fixed a bug that caused yarn bunny hat to crash when you bent over
    • Fixed a bug that caused Soldier Hong to crash in Cash Shop
    • Fixed a bug that caused Frankie pet to crash in Cash Shop
    • Fixed a lot of quest typos that were reported
    • Fixed a lot of NLC problems that was suspected to be due to map editor
    • Level requirement of Gachapon now correctly reads 50 instead of 45
    • At center of Horntails map, some terrain has been removed so you can see the items properly (https://i.imgur.com/OPFcjcW.png)
    • When winning/losing/tie a minigame, the big banner have been removed from the board, so you can always see how you lose/won/tied. The chatbox shows the results, as well as the banner over the character. (https://i.imgur.com/5iiAsgr.png)
    • General cleanup. If something broke please let us know!
    Client Changes:
    -General client cleanup. If something broke please let us know!
    -Reverted some changes which hopefully fix the rare 'Not enough storage for operation' that some got as well as lag at client bootup.
    -Completely removed the support of .wz files, so the client don't try to load .wz anymore when extremely old users come back (which will cause them to crash/DC)
    -Removed the support of older MapleLegends clients

New files

This is a patch maintenance and new files will be made available. You need to download them in order to have the patch fixes applied on your client.

Patch files

A patcher will be made available for all Windows users. The patcher will contain all files required to play on the latest version. MAC users need to re-download the game.

More things may be added to list before end of maintenance.

Download links

Available at maintenance

If you've noticed any new bugs or problems, please report it in the Bug Reports section of the forums

Sincerely,

MapleLegends Staff

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    6:59 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Every. Single. Time.

Fixed.

4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Edited in the following

5. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    3:59 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    is there a % of what "slightly" decrease of gobys is?

6. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    Goby OnionCry

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
  8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Hoping the Goby decrease is quite slight. It's probably the only real spot to go to for people who don't like to sell leech and still just want pure mesos, but I suppose Wolf Spiders or Ulu 2 is up there too. I don't like the idea of providing a service for money, for me personally I'd rather create my own because it doesn't have the pressure to perform optimally and be able to relax and play. If I'm selling something I just can't have fun, it's a business, and I can't chat with friends or anything while playing.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    I dont really understand why you guys nerf gobys even more..... Its not like u can make a bishop lvl it to 120 and start to farm. Its alot of work before you can start farming.

• Agree Agree x 11
  10. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I believe it has to do with the sheer number of mesos that enter the game because of methods like Gobies. It's not mesos trading hands like scrolls or weapons, which get cut down slightly by taxes, it's just brand new mesos. And a whole ton of mesos being added to the economy isn't great when it comes to inflation, it devalues the meso and makes things really expensive.

Except I don't think nerfing Gobies will help alleviate this that much. It's kinda rare for there to be more than 2-3 people farming here, and there are a lot of methods of creating pure mesos other than Gobies(Not that I will mention them because plz no nerf MapleF4) There are a lot of overpowered places, and I'm not sure what this nerf serves unless there's something that I'm not thinking of, like if we're trying to get Gobies to be as close to the classic GMS as possible, or because Kim wants to take down Project. MapleF3

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    And there we go again, another goby nerf is on the way. Doesn't matter that it takes a medium-high level bishop with decent gear or gen 30, a hb mule and a meso up mule to be able to farm there efficiently. Let's not give a shit about all the people that have been grinding to aim for that one shot goby house. Because it will solve all the issues the server currently has with meso inflation and what not.

Except that it doesn't. You just piss people off and they will find another place to farm mesos at, not slowing down the rate at which mesos enter the server at all. Maybe instead of nerfing one spot you could think about some actual meso sinks so we can actually tackle the many mesos floating around and being created.

I truly don't understand how you think goby farming is such a big issue that it deserves another nerf, especially when I notice that it's the only place that ever gets nerfed at all like its the black market of Maplelegends.

• Agree Agree x 11
  12. GameSuks

GameSuks Orange Mushroom

Nov 13, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    This for real. I've spent almost 2 months grinding my ass off to gain enough levels/gear to be able to one shot goby house as fast as I can and to try leveling 3 mules (hb, mesoup, si) just so I have some way of making mesos without wanting to kms selling leech. Give me a break please... its the only reason I stopped leveling my hero for 2 months T...T

Do note that I play a lot more than any normal person would on a daily basis so it would prob take even longer than 2months for the average player.........

13. kissMagE

kissMagE Selkie Jr.

May 28, 2017
    Female
    6:59 PM
    JoeL
    Beginner
    That’s life , my child !

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    don't worry, a new meso making meta will pop up and you'll have the perfect set-up for it

15. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Added following to patch notes

16. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    how about making reg hair coupong purchaseable for meso ?
    that would create a little meso sink :D

17. djinnmy

djinnmy Red Snail

Jun 2, 2017
    Spearman
    I also had to pause my main character in order to make a MU mule that still took me a month to finish because I like to take my time and I get burnt out from leeching hence why I don't sell leech services. This is why I was aiming for gobies because that is something I can take my time where I don't have to be committed or pressured to leech x amount of hours in addition having to look for a buyer. At the moment I'm still far from being able to 1hk goby houses due to lack of levels and int gear. But I was already able to 1hk ws and 2hk skeles at 13x with gen 10 so why does goby have to be nerfed when bishops can't immediately farm there. As well as needing a MU, gene 20, and int gear that is expensive to craft. MapleF3

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. mightyboy

mightyboy Orange Mushroom

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    mightyboy/mightygirl
    Night Lord
    Unworthy
    g o b y e ~ OnionMercy

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    last ned (6).jpeg
    Every bishop trying to find a new meso farm spot atm.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    4:59 AM
    Paladin
    hey guys remember to spread positive vibes XatSmile

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1