1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance March 13, 2019

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:43 AM
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]

Hello Maplers,

We will be performing a Scheduled Maintenance on March 13, 2019. It will last for approximately 1 hour. Upon completion, the game will be brought back online and service will be restored. Once restored, you login and play!

Time:
    6 PM server time

What will be unavailable:
    • All MapleLegends game servers and channels
    • Merchants will be closed
    Changes and Updates:

Major:
    re-write of many parts of the mob skill buff system (buffs on mobs)
    *This fixes the bug where mob debuffs do not work or run out too fast at certain conditions (bug report here here and here)
    *This fixes the exploit where buffs applied on mobs disappear when you re-enter the map
    *This fixes the exploit where buffs sometimes disappear when the mob is rushed

Major: Weaker buffs on players do no longer overwrite stronger buffs (Demo: here and here)
    *Because of this new system Monster Book buffs will be re-enabled

- Further tweaked the bug fix that items no longer fall out of the map. It should NEVER happen anymore now
    - When someone buys an item from your Merchant it now also announces in the chat who it was, instead of only what got sold.
    - The vote notification in-game should now always display properly. Please report this time to me if it still doesn't
    - Fixed a bug that caused permits to be opened on the top of portals
    - Tweaked the 'Faraway mob' auto ban
    - Fixed a bug where buying the Pet Equip 'Tiny Fright' gave you something else
    - Jail map changed after 3 years of having the same one

- Internal fixes not visible by the end user
    - Behind the scene changes for future updates

Notice: Due to heavy changes on the buff system there may be bugs. We tested it behind the scene, but it can always happen something slips out. Please let us know as soon as possible if that's the case!

Big shoutout to shotshot for doing an amazing job, as well as everyone else involved.

Sincerely,

-MapleLegends Staff & Administration-

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    • Great Work Great Work x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    4:43 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    repair visual skills of paladins pls
    ACB & Blast
    other players dont look when is it used change of elemet

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    2:43 AM
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
    shoutout to shotshot and team, u a legend

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    5:43 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    does that mean booster wont override SI?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Wait maplelegends has a jail map? This whole time I never knew... is there a way to 'visit' this jail map?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Wooooo finally hero's won't fuck up my apples, stews and stoppers anymore!! Thanks for this patch!! ❤️❤️
    Also good job on the beholder fix! Now it can be maxed to be an amazing skill after all

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    6:43 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    You... bought me.. YOU REALLY DID
    YAY BEHOLDER Lv.25 Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The mobs keeping their buffs is a little strange of a decision when it comes to Pianus. How long is his weapon cancel? 30 seconds? 1 minute? Now instead of re-entering the map people will just sit outside of it for the duration, or maybe change channels and start to kill a different one. It isn't a big deal when both Pianuses are up but it's just weird if you're trying to kill a single one of them.

Honestly I wouldn't be against shortening all weapon cancels by 25-50%, except for Krexel because of his short timer already and Horntail because of the number of parts to hit. Currently it's just the most tedious part of a lot of bosses. Everyone just stands around, rebuffs, and waits. It's not really good game design on Neckson's part and it just feels tedious. I'm pretty sure it's almost universally disliked, even if it's how things were in gms.

Also the stronger buff overrides the baby buff is amazing. Tasty. How does it work with the cider's accuracy debuff though? Say you use an accuracy potion for +20 accuracy, then you use a cider which gives -5 accuracy, does the -5 just get ignored now?

edit: Looks like the Rage clip answers that question. Rage gives -20 defense while the onyx apple buffs defense, and it won't allow rage through to get rid of that defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    12:43 PM
    Thief
    dam nice

10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Unfortunately, because the way our SI is coded right now, which is very hacky and not GMS-like (too technical to explain) the booster currently still overwrite SI.

Buffs were never meant to disappear when leaving maps and were never a thing in GMS either. We just coded the buff system better so a lot of bugs, including that one, is fixed. We had no direct intentions on 'nerfing' Pianus. This also fixes things like Doom still working even when changing maps, which is in the same category.

11. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    It was the Exit to CPQ (Carnival Party Quest). There was no way to go there unless the admins took you there - and you don't ever want to go there because the NPCs aren't coded so you can never get out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:43 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'm so glad you guys are finally fixing the bug system! Seems like every pserver out there has these horrible bugs, and it's always made partying with other players on my AM a pain cause my summon would just insta-aggro mobs instead of freeze them, my seal wouldn't work, hell poison would even wear off the instant someone sneezed on a mob.

But it doesn't just end there. Paladin and bowmaster freeze should stay the full duration too, as will mob stuns. Maybe doom will even be a thing! A very expensive stupid thing, but at least it will work properly for once.

There may be bugs to fix afterward, but hoping it's not too bad. After that, it seems the only thing left might be making the mob KB more consistent. In the animated gif Shot showed me, it took 3 hits on the snail before it finally started getting knocked back. Imo, 1st hit ought to do that, only exception being if the mob was already KBed like .5 sec prior or earlier.

13. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Aye beholder mah boy is getting maxed now <3 now we just need to separate the buffs and give it soem animations lol

14. TrickTrack

TrickTrack Horny Mushroom

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Everwind
    Page
  15. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Still its an amazing job... I really love this change <333

16. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    All done

• Like Like x 1
  17. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    5:43 PM
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    whats a jail map? and how do you get there :O

18. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    A place the GMs put your character when you get banned - only way to get there is to violate the terms of service and get banned.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Really i was thinking that character who get banned just gets deleted, not in a jail o.o

Althought how we can see the map of the jail if we re banned? OMG

20. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I would presume it's a map for warnings, not for bans.