1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Server Maintenance - November 8, 2015

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Navi, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    4:34 AM
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]

[Complete] The maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience.

Hello Maplers,

We will be performing a Scheduled Maintenance on Sunday, November 8. It will last approximately 30-60 minutes. Upon completion, the game will be brought back online and service will be restored. Once restored, you can login and play! New updated files will be available for download shortly after the beginning of the maintenance. Detailed patch notes will be provided at the conclusion of the maintenance.

Time:
    11:15 AM EST
    4:15 PM GMT

What will be unavailable:
    • All MapleLegends game servers and channels
    Changes and Updates:
    • End of Halloween content
    • Implementation of the Abyss patch

Sincerely,

-MapleLegends Staff-

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 17
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:34 AM
    Moderator Post
    Download new files

Temp patcher (.jar)*:
    https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bz3mwEbOP2JRNjNOV3JJeUtIbFk
    Also read this: http://forum.maplelegends.com/index...enance-november-8-2015.6484/page-2#post-58407

Full installer (Windows):
    https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B8gSFgpT3dl3MzRnaUhocXp3WFE

Full installer (MAC):
    https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BwWp20VcqkZ_V1JZeE4wTzVZVzQ

Explanation patcher*: This is a "throwaway" trial patcher which will patch your current files to the latest version. You need JAVA to run the .jar inside the .zip, and once its open it will ask the directory to where you wish to patch. The patcher will then check your files and patch to the latest version. This is an early prototype patcher, and in future we try do all our patches by a patcher, since its much, much better and smaller than new installs everytime.

I ask everyone to try the patcher and if it doesn't work feel free post the error you'll receive. If nothing works out, please download the full installer as mirrors. When I am home I will create MEGA mirrors as well.

Once again, you NEED Java in order to run the .jar file for the patcher.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 10
  3. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Just on a general note.

The patcher will only work if you have the files from the latest installer. There have been a few different version of that installer online, and unfortunately I only had the latest files available while making the patches.
    The most common problem will be with Character.wz and String.wz.
    Move the popup aside and check the main window. You'll probably see something like this:
    http://i1175.***/albums/r636/iChecco/X5Q6GS503GGFDFEIAA6HO_zpsxuqgfaoi.jpg
    When you see no patch available that means your file can't be patched. You'll have to download the installer instead. :(

Also, looks like I can't count to 4 :oops:

The main goal was to try and see if it was possible to create an actual patcher. And well, I figured I might as well release it hoping it saves some time, for some people.

[Edit] The patcher is uploaded as a zipped file. It is important you unzip it first, for example to your Desktop.
    [Edit2] Trouble shooting: http://forum.maplelegends.com/index...enance-november-8-2015.6484/page-2#post-58420

[​IMG]
    My Buddy Whale approves.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  4. IEatBabies

IEatBabies Red Snail

Nov 3, 2015
    Male
    4:34 AM
    lEatBabies
    Cleric
    Misfits
    To those of you having patching troubles, it could be a UAC problem on Windows where you need to provide admin privileges to the patcher to access your MapleLegends directory (if you installed MapleLegends within ProgramFiles).

I had the same issue as many above where it would give me a patch error for no real reason, so I had to run the .jar with admin privileges. I'm running Windows 8.1, but this should work on Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1.

To run a .jar with admin privileges you have to open it up through an elevated (admin) cmd prompt. To do this, search for cmd.exe in Run (on Vista and 7) or Search tool (Windows key + Q on 8 and 8.1).

Type in cmd.exe, and right click the program when it's searched. Click "Run as Administrator" and open up the elevated command prompt. The default directory should show C:\System32 or similar.

Type "cd C:\Program Files\Maple Legends" or "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Maple Legends" or wherever your Maple Legends directory is saved.

You should now be in the Maple Legends directory. Next, just type "java -jar LeapPatcher.jar"

This will run it with admin privileges and you should be able to patch.

Hopefully this helps some of you!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Maintenance over.

Patch notes are released here.

If issues keep appear, please create a new topic.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.